Technocracy

This too shall pass.
Typhoon

Technocracy

Post by Typhoon »

protocol | Facebook blocks all news in and from Australia

The change comes as Australia prepares to pass a law that would require companies like Facebook and Google to pay news publishers to carry their stories.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Re: Technocracy

Post by noddy »

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (53.71 KiB) Viewed 480 times
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

this is stage 1 of the upcoming battle for control of the planet between countries and multinational tech - it was precipitated by the take down of trumpy wumpy.

I might be sounding dramatic in that, but its obvious to all and sundry now that federal governments are becoming second grade citizens with unclear roles.

they dont have much influence on the economy, they dont control the publishing and access to information, free for all immigration and globalism has left them an irrelevant appendage.

its a matter of life and death, the battle has begun.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 am this is stage 1 of the upcoming battle for control of the planet between countries and multinational tech - it was precipitated by the take down of trumpy wumpy.

I might be sounding dramatic in that, but its obvious to all and sundry now that federal governments are becoming second grade citizens with unclear roles.

they dont have much influence on the economy, they dont control the publishing and access to information, free for all immigration and globalism has left them an irrelevant appendage.

Very similar thoughts to a book I read in the late 1990's, The Sovereign Individual copyright 1997.

According to the authors governments would play second fiddle to, IIRC, what they called "business districts."

Interesting battle, "Useful Idiots" will ever save the day or sink the ship.....
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

noddy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:26 am this is stage 1 of the upcoming battle for control of the planet between countries and multinational tech - it was precipitated by the take down of trumpy wumpy.
You think Trump was anti-corporate? :lol: The only corporations he didn't like were those that didn't heap praise on him. He was a fascist and his administration was a fetid swamp of lobbyists and industry insiders.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Very similar thoughts to a book I read in the late 1990's, The Sovereign Individual copyright 1997.

According to the authors governments would play second fiddle to, IIRC, what they called "business districts."

Interesting battle, "Useful Idiots" will ever save the day or sink the ship.....
Sounds like a GOP Utopia.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:32 am
You think Trump was anti-corporate? :lol: The only corporations he didn't like were those that didn't heap praise on him. He was a fascist and his administration was a fetid swamp of lobbyists and industry insiders.
why would I think that ? careful with the strawman.

I thought trumps only redeeming feature was he upset the wet left, and he would fail miserably because he incapable of building a magority consensus on anything.

I also think that facebook/google/apple et all removing the account of an elected leader on the same day sent shivers up the spine of most western politicians, which is the topic being discussed here.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:12 am
Simple Minded wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Sounds like a GOP Utopia.
Unless of course, the corporate giants are the puppet masters of the republicans opposing party.

Both parties hate it when the power brokers drop as them favored useful idiots.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

noddy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 am I also think that facebook/google/apple et all removing the account of an elected leader on the same day sent shivers up the spine of most western politicians, which is the topic being discussed here.
The story here is: Conservative politicians alarmed at corporations acting within their God-given rights, as enumerated by said politicians.

Conservatism has been long dead in the United States and is now openly being replaced by the authoritarian nationalism (fascism, in other words) that the rank-and-file have for decades actually wanted, to the horror of conservative elites. It's going to be a fun ride.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:18 pm
noddy wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 am I also think that facebook/google/apple et all removing the account of an elected leader on the same day sent shivers up the spine of most western politicians, which is the topic being discussed here.
The story here is: Conservative politicians alarmed at corporations acting within their God-given rights, as enumerated by said politicians.

Conservatism has been long dead in the United States and is now openly being replaced by the authoritarian nationalism (fascism, in other words) that the rank-and-file have for decades actually wanted, to the horror of conservative elites. It's going to be a fun ride.
nar, its just a choice between the democrats globalist corporate wonderland and the republicans nationalist corporate wonderland.

its all going to authoritarian and corporate, just some flavour differences in the language used for the peanut gallery.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:22 am
Zack Morris wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:18 pm

nar, its just a choice between the democrats globalist corporate wonderland and the republicans nationalist corporate wonderland.

its all going to authoritarian and corporate, just some flavour differences in the language used for the peanut gallery.
Yeah, and only the best and the brightest of OTNOT participants (Zack & Mr. P) are obsessed with the language.

"I got hit in the face with a tomato!"
"No you didn't! It was a toe-me-toe! You durian!"