How to Escape from a Sick Society

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Doc

How to Escape from a Sick Society

Post by Doc »

JeliRVZ4V00
Last edited by Doc on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: How to Escape from a Sick Society

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:29 am
My niece in Brazil was taken to meet the principle of her new public school by her parents. She was told she had a right to determine her own sexual identity. If she wanted to be a man she could be a man. etc... Her parents put her in private school even though they can't really afford it.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

fkuYwVp_qb4
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 pm fkuYwVp_qb4
I tend to watch some videos in a similar vein as this one on Youtube Though you are an optimist :D .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JX ... lZyD3nQdBA
noddy

Post by noddy »

crazy how different climates work.

the thought of putting firestarters all over my house just does my head in.

a good part of the spring experience for me is getting all the dead leaves as far away from the house as possible.

on a different level, pottering around a property away from the filthy monkeys of humanity is the best way to escape a society heading off in directions you have no interest in, that is a sound point.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:19 am.
crazy how different climates work.

the thought of putting firestarters all over my house just does my head in.

a good part of the spring experience for me is getting all the dead leaves as far away from the house as possible.

on a different level, pottering around a property away from the filthy monkeys of humanity is the best way to escape a society heading off in directions you have no interest in, that is a sound point.
A few years ago I went so far as putting a bid on a house that is about as far out as you can get in the eastern US No cell phone no TV and most importantly not many people. I came up short on the bid but I am still looking. I still have time before I retire. Though prices have gone up since apparently a lot of people have gotten the same idea.

Funny I saw one old farm listed for sale in September that was purchased in April for the same price. Being out in the country is something a lot of people in the city think is a good idea, until reality sits in. :D
noddy

Post by noddy »

doesnt matter how much you move, you always end up stuck with yourself.

many folks need the endless distractions the city provides to avoid that problem.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:16 am doesnt matter how much you move, you always end up stuck with yourself.

many folks need the endless distractions the city provides to avoid that problem.
To me city distractions are negative distractions. When I lived in Texas (DFW) I was
1) Amazed at how wimpy the people were.

It rained every day for the first two months I was there and was cold. Then it got really nice. Instead of opening the windows *all* of my neighbors just moved their thermostats from Heat to cool and left the windows closed. I originally lived in an apartment with no washer and drying SO of course I went to the coin laundry mat. I preferred to go in the evening when it was not crowded. When I told people that I did that they said I was crazy as someone would rob and maybe kill me.

Nothing like that ever happened. What I figured out was that people were watching the local TV news every night and believing that things that happen regularly 50 miles away were happening just down their street. SO people made themselves prisoners in their own homes rather than take a chance on going out.

I even started making a point of going to a laundry mat close to an area where mostly illegal immigrants lived. The result was I met some nice people They didn't even didn't all have blood dripping off their knives.

2)How many people tried to get their hands in my pockets to grab whatever money they could.

NOw that is life in the big city.