Ukraine

noddy

Re: Ukraine

Post by noddy »

if they are independant and ukraine makes any move to occupy them, he can bravely defend them as allies.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:12 am if they are independant and ukraine makes any move to occupy them, he can bravely defend them as allies.
Colonization.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wolf Blitzer: "I don't know what he's trying to do"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get out of politics.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 pm
YMix wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:17 pm As far as I heard, French analysts speculate openly on TV that the US wants to create Irak 2.0 on the EU border in order to undermine the EU.
Ah, the French. Nurturing dreams of long past glories while being full of baguettes.

Putin is much like the gambler at the table, who, realizing the night is late, decides to throw in all his chips with a weak hand.

No nation moves over 150,000 troops to the north, east and south of a country complete with field hospitals unless action is in the planning. The situation is not like Iraq's fictitious WMD, the build up can be seen by any nation with satellite imaging abilities. The contest now is one of messaging. The Biden administration states repeatedly that Russians are planning or going to invade based upon Russian force deployments which causes Putin to react with repeated denials. If a party to a conversation is reacting to your messaging, you control the messaging. If the Russians deny they are going to invade and then do so, they would look both feckless and mendacious.

But invasion is not what Putin wants. Putin undoubtedly viewed with contempt and as a sign of profound Western weakness Trump's ignorance and faithful bootlicking, the January 6, 2021 attack on the capital, the endless contesting of the 2020 election, and a Republican party who continues to go along with it all due to the opportunity it offers their authoritarian ambitions for a one party state, the wet dream of aspiring tyrants and enemies of a free people throughout history. These, combined with Brexit, the rise of illiberal regimes in Hungary and Poland, German and French ambivalence about NATO ("brain dead" says Macron) along with a dictator's usual coterie of yes men telling him what he wants to hear - that NATO is obsolete and a new order in Europe could be compelled upon a weak and divided alliance. So, he decided to push the issue by putting a gun to Ukraine's head, while insisting he has no intention to pull the trigger and, after all, the West made him do it anyway.

What Putin has failed to understand is that NATO expansion was not a product of Western plot, but due to the nations of the Baltic states and eastern Europe, for understandable, centuries long historical reasons, looking to the west for their security arrangements. What his bullying and aggressive posturing has succeeded in doing is exactly what he did not want - NATO now has a purpose, and Ukraine and even other European nations are more likely than ever to seek a set of European alliances and relations. Putin is up a tree, and he can't get down without either engaging in a costly, unpredictable invasion or a humiliating retreat.
This is one of the worst posts of all time.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:32 am
noddy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:12 am if they are independant and ukraine makes any move to occupy them, he can bravely defend them as allies.
Colonization.
or atleast building a buffer zone of pro russian territory between russia and europe, nominally independant but under russian control.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:33 am Watching numb Democrat talking heads on cable.

A case study in complete and total impotence.

Leftism is ultimately about impotence. Complete impotence of the human soul.
I think their are as many westerners prepared to die for ukrainian freedom (tm) as their are ukrainians prepared to die for mine.

which is not many.

its a corrupt eastern european backwater that has lost a huge amount of young people from its population as the motivated run away to less depressing pastures.

their will be lots of theatre, 2 new crimeas will be formed and sanctions against Russia may or may not be increased, depending on if germany wants more expensive gas.

I suspect you will not be signing up for the millitary and dying in a muddy ditch.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

mr p bingo.

1) angry accusations of fatal personality flaws
2) hope for imminant death of the other person.

I have heard 10 years of this, you might be right one day, lets stick to the topic of why anyone would want to die for Ukraine for the moment.

Russia isnt some super motivated culture wanting domination, they are fully aware nobody wants to become more Russian, they are much like China in that projecting strength against weak neighbours is all they can do to distract from the collapse of their internal economy and irrelevance to the wider world.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

All these things will be covered in the unfolding days. Some will relearn the hard lessons of Neville Chamberlain and Jimmy Carter, among others.
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:45 amor atleast building a buffer zone of pro russian territory between russia and europe, nominally independant but under russian control.
It's not exactly a buffer zone, there's too little territory in those two provinces. What Putin did was to sort of occupy a chunk of Ukraine, thus making sure that Ukraine does not meet the standard for joining NATO. Same thing with Georgia.

Putin asked for guarantees that Ukraine and Georgia would not join NATO, the US refused to even give an answer, which is an answer in itself. So Putin went to plan B, which is what we're seeing now.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

YMix wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:51 am
noddy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:45 amor atleast building a buffer zone of pro russian territory between russia and europe, nominally independant but under russian control.
It's not exactly a buffer zone, there's too little territory in those two provinces. What Putin did was to sort of occupy a chunk of Ukraine, thus making sure that Ukraine does not meet the standard for joining NATO. Same thing with Georgia.

Putin asked for guarantees that Ukraine and Georgia would not join NATO, the US refused to even give an answer, which is an answer in itself. So Putin went to plan B, which is what we're seeing now.
good distinction.

if only western Europe actually treated eastern Europe as full scale partners, things would be interesting, their were also promises that Ukraine didnt need nukes because western Europe would treat it as an equal.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:06 amif only western Europe actually treated eastern Europe as full scale partners
Yeah, that's not happening.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

He had this worked out in advance for so many years. Maybe even before he was President. He just had to wait for a weak enough President. A week enough Western left. And he found it.

He is the highest level geopolitical operator since Reagan, Thatcher and William Casey. Engage him at your peril.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Anyone ever wonder if maybe the US and NATO are the CCP's proxies in Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixPZH26LdoI

ixPZH26LdoI
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

These tough talkers get me like lolololololololol

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 pm But invasion is not what Putin wants.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Watching UN debate this, I've never seen a more thorough display of impotence and flaccidity.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Lol they are trotting out Wesley Clark and the usual goons.
noddy

Post by noddy »

I cant see anyone wanting nuclear war over Ukraine - its all just words.
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think in the name of equity we should have our first transgender and all female army raised from the West. A lot of strong independent women out there, this is their time to shine
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

noddy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:04 am I cant see anyone wanting nuclear war over Ukraine - its all just words.
So are you picking up your rifle and heading over?