FT.png
FT.png (290.54 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Putin.png
Putin.png (496.79 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Ukraine

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The New Yorker

Stephen Kotkin, most profound and prodigious scholars of Russian history.

Professor of history at Princeton University and a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, at Stanford University.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/ ... ine-stalin
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:23 pm Financial Times

FT.png

Putin.png
Russia gave Ukraine security guarantees when Ukraine returned Russia's ICBMs to Russia. Which eans anyone with two brains can see were worthless.

Here is what the agreement should say. Ukraine will remain neutral and a non-NATO member unless Russia invades Ukraine again. If Russia invades again Ukraine's membership in NATO will be automatic and immediate.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.newsweek.com/third-american ... ll-1688473

Third of Americans Would Risk Nuclear War With Russia Over Ukraine : Poll

It shows how powerful "propaganda" and fake news are :lol:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How are those sanctions working.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Doc wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:49 am
Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:05 pm If you want to use an example of competing for unclaimed resources that's a possible exception.
Unclaimed? You joking or what?

So tell me what part of the South China seas that the CCP claims was not claimed by someone else?

[
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Other than that, the only time resources are fought over is the POLITICAL POWER afforded those resources. EG the lower kingdom conquering the upper kingdom.

China isn't trying to make money or get cheap resources with it's moves in the Asian Pacific, they are trying increase their autonomy, power, however you want to call it.
As far as the south China sea goes China has never used force to take any of the islands in it. How much has the CCP paid to take the South China Sea? The cost of building a few fake islands. And they didn't even pay for it. Americans paid for it with lots and lots of help from Wall Street bankers and the DC establishment.
Analysts: Beijing Has Long Used Military Force to Exert Dominance Over South China Sea
By: John Grady
July 12, 2016 6:03 PM
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Europe is dependent on Russian oil, no one is talking about invading and taking their resources, etc. Because it's cheaper not to.

The only reason to invade is remove the power Putin derives from it.

And boy has he leveraged that revenue into power.
Putin? Initially I thought that Putin left his best troops on the border with China. But if the latest reports are true he has gone all in in Ukraine. Pretty soon the Russian army is going to be like:
This post is in harmony with my post. China is increasing their power over the Pacific and no one is stopping them. And no one will stop them. They will take Taiwan, Japan, Australia, and whatever else they want to take.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Once deterrence is lost, there is only way to get it back, and no one is interested in doing that. Long arc of history, and all that.
Heracleum Persicum

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/01/19/uk ... illusions/

Liberal Illusions Caused the Ukraine Crisis
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:16 pm The New Yorker

Professor of history at Princeton University and a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, at Stanford University.

their argument is that it assumes that, had nato not expanded, Russia wouldn’t be the same or very likely close to what it is today. What we have today in Russia is not some kind of surprise. It’s not some kind of deviation from a historical pattern. Way before nato existed—in the nineteenth century—Russia looked like this: it had an autocrat. It had repression. It had militarism. It had suspicion of foreigners and the West. This is a Russia that we know, and it’s not a Russia that arrived yesterday or in the nineteen-nineties. It’s not a response to the actions of the West. There are internal processes in Russia that account for where we are today.

I would even go further. I would say that nato expansion has put us in a better place to deal with this historical pattern in Russia that we’re seeing again today. Where would we be now if Poland or the Baltic states were not in nato? They would be in the same limbo, in the same world that Ukraine is in. In fact, Poland’s membership in nato stiffened nato’s spine.
he nails it.

all of that greater russia, greater china, greater powers having spheres is bullshit - every time they try and make that work it falls apart because the neighbours only join successfully if they actually wanted to join in the first place.

the soviets held all the eastern slav states by force for a long time - the moment they could leave, they did leave.

the only failing in this was the western europeans being racist to the eastern europeans - they absolutely should have put more effort into integrating them and sharing the prosperity.

my country makes the same mistake in the south pacific - keeps the pacific islanders at arms length instead of letting them prosper with us - it will be our fault when China has more influence over them than we do, and we cant go claiming spheres of influence bullshit.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well said.

Kotkin is spot on. Seconded.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

You guys are heavily deluded because of where you live. You are next. And it was avoidable but you didn’t do what it took
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:27 am .

Pretty much. Castrated classes
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:51 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:16 pm The New Yorker

their argument is that it assumes that, had nato not expanded, Russia wouldn’t be the same or very likely close to what it is today. What we have today in Russia is not some kind of surprise. It’s not some kind of deviation from a historical pattern. Way before nato existed—in the nineteenth century—Russia looked like this: it had an autocrat. It had repression. It had militarism. It had suspicion of foreigners and the West. This is a Russia that we know, and it’s not a Russia that arrived yesterday or in the nineteen-nineties. It’s not a response to the actions of the West. There are internal processes in Russia that account for where we are today.

I would even go further. I would say that nato expansion has put us in a better place to deal with this historical pattern in Russia that we’re seeing again today. Where would we be now if Poland or the Baltic states were not in nato? They would be in the same limbo, in the same world that Ukraine is in. In fact, Poland’s membership in nato stiffened nato’s spine.
he nails it.

all of that greater russia, greater china, greater powers having spheres is bullshit - every time they try and make that work it falls apart because the neighbours only join successfully if they actually wanted to join in the first place.

the soviets held all the eastern slav states by force for a long time - the moment they could leave, they did leave.

the only failing in this was the western europeans being racist to the eastern europeans - they absolutely should have put more effort into integrating them and sharing the prosperity.

my country makes the same mistake in the south pacific - keeps the pacific islanders at arms length instead of letting them prosper with us - it will be our fault when China has more influence over them than we do, and we cant go claiming spheres of influence bullshit.

:lol: :lol:

Well, noddy , you get the good, the bad and the ugly

True

I think NATO pushed into Russian gut was not the main reason where thing @ now

I think, this a culmination of what already in process in America .. the fierce war between "Liberalism" and "conservatism"

Russian Orthodox Church saying Russia now represent the "christian World" .. Trumps folks ideas

Biden crowed, they "liberalism" (Europe too)

Trump and Putin reading same book

Trump time in power, he was attacking Ukraine rulers, praising Putin .. Trump said many times Biden in bed with corrupt Ukrainians

This, I think , is a "cultural" war .. Liberalism fighting Conservatism .. Biden folks fighting Trump folks

This we see very clearly in US .. Trump folks, Senator Cotton and Graham fighting Biden nail and tooth

Patriarch Kirill of Moscow fighting those saying "gay" too go to paradise :lol:

This Cultural war .. started with MAO, next was Khomeini and now Cultural war within Christian culture and civilization world
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:32 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:27 am .

Pretty much. Castrated classes

Yes :lol:
noddy

Post by noddy »

thats why the arabs went terrorist too.

now they carry a gun, run the family, run the village, live the old traditional macho ways.

if the west wins they are working in a building, with women shouting at them.

its not about religion
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:39 am thats why the arabs went terrorist too.

now they carry a gun, run the family, run the village, live the old traditional macho ways.

if the west wins they are working in a building, with women shouting at them.

its not about religion

Cant decode what you sayin

wat you mean ?
noddy

Post by noddy »

that muslim terrorism is the same culture war, they dont hate the west, they are terrified they will lose their traditional macho society and turn into an office worker.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:44 am that muslim terrorism is the same culture war, they dont hate the west, they are terrified they will lose their traditional macho society and turn into an office worker.
This a long story , different book

Neither Iranian Shia, nor Bin Laden Wahhabism are and were Liberal .. there no "cultural war" Within Islamic culture

different Issues in play

"Iranian revolution" is two fold .. a "cultural revolution" countering Western culture creeping into Persia .. and .. a fight for Iranian Sovereignty
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

middle class Iranian women might have a different opinion to you.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 am You guys are heavily deluded because of where you live. You are next. And it was avoidable but you didn’t do what it took
China will not be invading us - this I can promise, its you who are confused on these issues.

they might end up strangling us, blocking shipping ways, demanding policeman payments, sanctioning our products, but we are used to that.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 am middle class Iranian women might have a different opinion to you.

In West, there a perception that Iranian women are oppressed (by mad mullahs) .. or would go naked once mandatory "hijab" is no mandatory.

Well, there was a few Polls by Iranian parliament re "mandatory hejab

Apparently there a slight majority (by woman) against hejab being mandatory .. but majority women said they would keep the hejab even if it was not mandatory.

And

noddy

Social development is like "call of nature" (going to WC) .. can not be halted

Now, majority of Iranian scientist, majority of students in science, engineering, medical etc faculty are girls .. Iranian government has now a "quota" for Iranian men in universities :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s ... ng%20women.

The news followed the release of the year's entrance exam scores, showing that 60 percent of university attendees are women, along with test scores of the past few years showing women largely outperforming men. This included 52 percent of university graduates and 68 percent of science degree graduates being women.

You really think all these highly educated Iranian girls would not revolt if they were unhappy ?

In Iran divorce rate is very high because girls now "highly emancipated" , highly

And

High majority boys and girls live together "unmarried" .. called "white marriage" mad mullahs don't mind even promote

https://www.latimes.com/world/middleeas ... story.html
noddy

Post by noddy »

i said "muslim terrorism" .. I wasnt talking about Iranians.

I was thinking Arabs and the 'Stans .. places still very much in the macho tribal world.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:18 am i said "muslim terrorism" .. I wasnt talking about Iranians.

I was thinking Arabs and the 'Stans .. places still very much in the macho tribal world.

Muslim terrorists are all , ALL , "fanatic" religious I.d.i.o.t.s.

Fanatic religious exists in all religions .. in all

But

The issue with Muslim fanatic " I.d.i.o.t.s." is that they were financed, armed, backed by CIA and West

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9RCFZnWGE0

and

Later they became for Senator McCain and Senator Graham "freedom fighters" in Syria, backed and financed again by west

:lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9KASEc-RqM

When they started beheading live on TV Westerners and burning alive Jordanian F-16 pilot, the New Saladin ( :lol: ) took care of them .. and got a Thank you from Trump :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/fox- ... ?r=US&IR=T

Tucker Carlson has defended his opinions in court by saying only an durian would believe them.

it is an entertainment program that lets right american laugh at left wing america, which is perfectly healthy but not a source of news.
Last edited by noddy on Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian