Global manufacturing trends.

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Nonc Hilaire

Global manufacturing trends.

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Peter Zeihan. Had not heard this guy before. Sounds like he has a comprehensive undestanding.

https://youtu.be/fZHfnDrEZNA

fZHfnDrEZNA
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Re: Global manufacturing trends.

Post by Typhoon »

Z-Man | The Postwar Party’s Over
The year 1989 is remembered for two momentous events. One is the collapse of the Soviet Union, which started with the February roundtable talks in Poland and concluded with the opening of the Berlin checkpoints in November. The other big event was the Tiananmen Square massacre and the refusal of the West to halt relations with China in the wake of it. Those two events changed the trajectory of the West.

Another less well-known event may turn out to cast a much longer shadow on the United States and the Global American Empire. That is the embrace of the business concept known as outsourcing. This is the strategy of contracting an outside vendor to perform services or make a product that had traditionally been performed by the company’s own employees and staff.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

One would think that businesses will decide to outsource with less risk in the future. If supplier a. fails there is supplier b. for back up. And keep more essential parts in stock when supply falters.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:52 pm One would think that businesses will decide to outsource with less risk in the future. If supplier a. fails there is supplier b. for back up. And keep more essential parts in stock when supply falters.
New term: "Near Sourcing" where goods are manufactured in countries that are near and not in competition with your country.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros