"You're not from round here, are you?'

Doc

"You're not from round here, are you?'

Post by Doc »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-gun.html
'You're not from round here, are you?' Tables turn on Chicago robber during attempted stick-up when Florida store clerk produces gun and points it at HIM
Rakim Stephen Tate, 32, walked into a Pensacola, Florida convenience store on September 9 wielding a massive shotgun at his hip
Tate was confronted by a store clerk who, in preparation for Tate, had grabbed a personal firearm out of the backroom
When confronted by the store clerk, Tate rambled about being from Chicago in an effort to explain what authorities determined was an attempted robbery
By SOPHIE MANN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 09:22 EDT, 27 September 2022 | UPDATED: 12:33 EDT, 27 September 2022

A man wielding a shotgun strolled into a Florida convenience store during an attempted robbery, but made a swift exit once the store clerk displayed his own weapon, authorities say.

Rakim Stephen Tate, 32, walked into a convenience store in Pensacola, Florida on September 9, brandishing a large and visible shotgun at his side.

According to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, he has been charged with attempted robbery and openly carrying a prohibited firearm.

Rakim Stephen Tate, 32, said he was from Chicago in an attempt to explain why he meandered into a Florida convenience store with a visible shotgun at his side. He was arrested on September 15 and charged with attempted robbery and openly carrying a prohibited firearm

Tate began to walk around and inspect the store before a clerk, who was out of view of security footage, begins a dialogue with the suspect.

Evidently, the clerk had spotted Tate arming himself outside and dashed to the back room to arm himself with a personal weapon.

Tate then began sputtering about his point of origin.

'I don't mean no harm, I'm just not from around here,' he said.

'I got a big (expletive) (expletive) gun, but I'm not from around here is what I'm saying. I'm from Chicago bro,' he continued.

He then asked the clerk what kind of weapon he had on him. The clerk responds and Tate makes his exit from the store.

Authorities ultimately recovered the Benelli shotgun Tate was using.

A statement from the Escambia County sheriff's office describing the incident read, 'He then fumbles for words, resorting to meaningless babble about being from Chicago.

'Words seem to fail you when your felony attempt is thwarted by lawful and righteous force.'

The statement then mocked Tate's unconvincing excuse for carrying a weapon. 'You're not in Chicago anymore; you're under arrest,' it read.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros