2022 US Midterms

crashtech66

Re: 2022 US Midterms

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 pm Handed to him by who? Tulsi Gabbard? With the coming collapse, being a democrat candidate for POTUS is going to be a no go out of the gate. There will be no amount of cheating by the Democrats to make up the numbers to win.
Handed to him by people like me who hit their BS limit. I just can't do it anymore. I never like him personally but held my nose and voted twice for him because I thought the alternatives were even more awful. It was tolerable when most of his attacks went towards Dems and the left, but now the fire is indiscriminate, aimed at people who should have his support. It's so obviously only about himself and not conservative causes, and it really always was that way. I'm done. I think Independents are going to be on the anybody but Trump train this time, and I will either hop on or stay home.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

crashtech66 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:05 pm
Doc wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 pm Handed to him by who? Tulsi Gabbard? With the coming collapse, being a democrat candidate for POTUS is going to be a no go out of the gate. There will be no amount of cheating by the Democrats to make up the numbers to win.
Handed to him by people like me who hit their BS limit. I just can't do it anymore. I never like him personally but held my nose and voted twice for him because I thought the alternatives were even more awful. It was tolerable when most of his attacks went towards Dems and the left, but now the fire is indiscriminate, aimed at people who should have his support. It's so obviously only about himself and not conservative causes, and it really always was that way. I'm done. I think Independents are going to be on the anybody but Trump train this time, and I will either hop on or stay home.
I think you're spot on.

Trump has descended into clownish absurdity.

If Trump, and not DeSantis, is the US Republican candidate in 2024, then just as the US independent voters and some registered Democrats got on the "anybody but Hillary" train in 2016, the independents and some registered Republicans will get on the "anybody but Trump" train in 2024.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I was speaking on the Democrats lack of candidates. Just wait you mind will change again. When you go to the bank and they tell you you can't have your money that means something,.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Doc wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:42 am I was speaking on the Democrats lack of candidates. Just wait you mind will change again. When you go to the bank and they tell you you can't have your money that means something,.
It's a little insulting that you think I need to be scaremongered into realizing that the our institutions are engaged in some scary, authoritarian stuff. They are. But Trump has revealed himself as part of the problem. Have fun riding the Trump train into oblivion. My scorn for the Never Trumpers (pox on Liz Cheney) may eventually be matched by my disdain for Always Trumpers.

By the way, has any Presidential candidate announced so early? It's a bit strange. Not sure what it suggests, but some of the conjectures are unflattering.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:06 am
I think you're spot on.

In 2015 when Trump announced he was running for president a lot of people said exactly thee same thing... The Democrats thought running against Trump was a sure win for them. So they pushed his campaign for the nomination. This time they are trying to make it illegal for him to be POTUS again. Lesson learned?

Trump may not be so serious about running as it might seem. By atkig

If Trump, and not DeSantis, is the US Republican candidate in 2024, then just as the US independent voters and some registered Democrats got on the "anybody but Hillary" train in 2016, the independents and some registered Republicans will get on the "anybody but Trump" train in 2024.
Trump may be setting up DeSantis to be the "anti-Trump" intentionally.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:34 am
Doc wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:42 am I was speaking on the Democrats lack of candidates. Just wait you mind will change again. When you go to the bank and they tell you you can't have your money that means something,.
It's a little insulting that you think I need to be scaremongered into realizing that the our institutions are engaged in some scary, authoritarian stuff. They are. But Trump has revealed himself as part of the problem. Have fun riding the Trump train into oblivion. My scorn for the Never Trumpers (pox on Liz Cheney) may eventually be matched by my disdain for Always Trumpers.

By the way, has any Presidential candidate announced so early? It's a bit strange. Not sure what it suggests, but some of the conjectures are unflattering.
I am talking about collapse due to a Federal Reserve that is addicted to bubbles. But yes there is some scary authoritarian stuff, as well as gross incompetence.

Did you know that the Federal reserve is testing a digital "programmable" reserve currency? They want it because they believe it will give them the power create unlimited quantitative easing as its value will be time limited. So in effect if you don't spend it within a certain time period it becomes worthless. My guess is they will complete eliminate greenbacks. That way they can track and control all transactions. IE when you spend it and what you spend it on Once they have that power anything is possible WRT authoritarian control

viewtopic.php?p=164244#p164244
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:21 am
I think you're spot on.

In 2015 when Trump announced he was running for president a lot of people said exactly thee same thing... The Democrats thought running against Trump was a sure win for them. So they pushed his campaign for the nomination. This time they are trying to make it illegal for him to be POTUS again. Lesson learned?
While I do agree that the ongoing lawfare of "hunting for evidence of a crime" is turd-world banana-republic behaviour, I still think that Trump's time has come and gone.

Anyways, the US govt does not lack for elderly politicians. Time for a new generation.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Trump is likely to exploit these divisions to his benefit once the campaign gets underway in earnest. It’s one more reason why those who count the former president out before the campaign has even begun will likely regret that move.
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/r ... d-n1647185
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:41 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:21 am
I think you're spot on.

While I do agree that the ongoing lawfare of "hunting for evidence of a crime" is turd-world banana-republic behaviour, I still think that Trump's time has come and gone.

Anyways, the US govt does not lack for elderly politicians. Time for a new generation.
At this point I really don't know. All I know is that Trump is brilliant at running for office. If you think I am wrong there is the old adage

"All publicity is good publicity"

Trump has spent his adult life being a self promoter like PT Barnum. Who was also elected as a politician 4 times. This was despite his show being considered vulgar by his contemporary establishment.

I find it the height of humor that the left, particularly the freakier side of the left, adores "The Greatest Showman" and never makes the connection to Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4Yu9Utdw0

Rj4Yu9Utdw0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I would certainly want a P. T. Barnum running my circus, but would draw the line at such an individual running my country.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:22 am I would certainly want P. T. Barnum running my circus, but would draw the line at him running my country.

The country was doing pretty well when Trump was president until COVID hit. Russia did not invade Ukraine. And no prosecutors in Ukraine got fired in exchange for a billion dollars from the US. Not once was the world on the brink of nuclear holocaust.

Personally to me that is better than incompetent in everything but corrupt authoritarianism, puppet clowns.

I don't like Beck and rarely listen to him. But, at 6 am, I just spent an hour and 23 minutes listening to him do an interview with someone worth listening too just to make sure she said exactly what I previously thought she said. And she did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-d3jFIGxdQ

w-d3jFIGxdQ

So Circus founder or puppet Clowns, who do you trust with the future of the human race?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Maybe if Trump takes some acting classes where he learns to play the caring adult instead of behaving like a self-centered adolescent bully... he might have a chance.

Actually, I think any dem or repub candidate able to take up the role of the adult will win with a land slide.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:17 pm Maybe if Trump takes some acting classes where he learns to play the caring adult instead of behaving like a self-centered adolescent bully... he might have a chance.

Actually, I think any dem or repub candidate able to take up the role of the adult will win with a land slide.
Trump's point is through the "bad" behavior he forces the MSM to cover him. Without that coverage there are very few politicians that could overcome the favoritism for the Democrat party in the MSM. Look at National public radio, they can't even include a single words intheir headline about Trump that is not relating to "Orange Man Bad" If people are going to stare no matter what then give them something to stare at and they will come back for more.

As for winning by a landslide Slow Joe campaigning from his basement got 84 million votes.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:09 pm
- Anti-LGBT discrimination
Interesting that this item starts your list as it is hardly a significant concern for the majority of Americans according to polls.
LGBT acceptance is not only the mainstream position (particularly among younger generations), it has been cemented as a fundamental human rights issue. People have the right to be attracted to whichever gender they please and the state cannot discriminate against such relationships.
On the other hand, it is understandable that people would be put off by:
assertions that there are more than two biological sexes - genders, contrary to science
claims that "people", not just woman, can become pregnant and breast feed
men who have gone through puberty competing as "women" in women's sports and winning against women who have dedicated years of training
in other words, the ongoing denigration of women and motherhood
placing LGBTs on a pedestal which deriding 97% of the population, heterosexuals.
claims that being male - masculinity - is "toxic"
The debate about gender identity is clearly still in flux but it will clearly not stabilize at 19th century Western norms. That's wishful thinking. For all the hysteria, conservatives have utterly failed to articulate why gender self-identification is harmful (particularly in contemporary highly-atomized societies) and the practice has always existed to some degree in various parts of the world.
In democratic nations, the right to vote is a right accorded to only citizens of such nations.
Providing proof that one is a US citizen in order to be able to vote is "disenfranchisement". How bizarre.
In Japan, every citizen, age 18 and above, is mailed a voting card which they present at a polling station. Simple.
Vote counting is done within 24 hours.
Talk about missing the point. That's laughably reductionist and naive. The US has a long history of disenfranchisement and its seemingly permissive voting laws exist as a check on that tendency, which is still alive and well.
Compared to other developed nations, the US has very violent subpopulations.
For example, blacks constitute about 14% of the population, black males about 7%, yet are responsible for over 50% of violent crimes and murders according to the FBI. The majority of violent crime is inner city black-on-black crime in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, etm., all of this have had a Democratic lock on local and state politics for decades. By comparison, homicide as a leading cause of death is not even in the top three for whites, asians, and hispanics.
Gee, I wonder why that might be? What is it about the black experience in the US that has caused this situation? Sounds like social reform and restitution policies are urgently needed here!
The American obsession with and mythology of guns is something of a mystery to foreigners.
While the rare mass shooting makes the news, the usual body count is comparable to a typical Chicago weekend [or Baltimore, or St. Louis, or New Orleans, etm.]. The most common weapon used is a stolen or unregistered handgun. The leading cause of death for US black men between the ages of 15 and 34 is homicide. About 50% for US black males age 15 to 19. All according to the US CDC. Not by whites, not by asians, not by hispanics, not by the police, but at the hands of other black men. An abject reality studiously ignored by the US MSM.
Another right wing myth. Have right wing propaganda outlets completely co-opted your online experience? Gun violence in black communities is discussed constantly. What lit the right wing media bubble on fire in recent years was an increasing spotlight on other forms of systemic racism experienced by blacks, namely pervasive police brutality and sentencing discrimination.
No idea what you mean here.
The right-wing solution to increasing mass shootings is stepping up armed security at schools, metal detectors, active shooter drills, arming teachers, turning buildings into fortresses, etc. It's pretty sick.
The rise of "robber baron capitalism" started in the 1980's and has gone on during both US Democratic and Republican admins.
The rare repeal of an Act of Congress, in this case, the Glass-Steagall Act - separation of commercial banking and investment banking - was signed into law by Clinton. Both US Democrats and Republicans are actively involved in private equity.
This is ancient history at this point. You conveniently neglect to mention the Affordable Care Act under Obama. Have you forgotten how that played out on the Spengler forum? Or the Consumer Protection Bureau? How about local Democratic leadership on everything from labor law to climate policy?

I had no idea US Social Security has been eliminated. One learns something new every day.
You really need to get back into the real world and listen to what GOP candidates have been agitating for.
"Woke" politics is a form of secular religion. Promoting it in public schools while failing to educate students, inner city students graduating innumerate and functionally illiterate, seems insane to an outsider.
Secular "religion" has existed since the inception of the nation state and certainly since the creation of the public education system. Theistic religious indoctrination is another matter entirely.
The rise of the "military industrial complex" and its influence started with the Vietnam War and has continued across both US Democratic and Republican admins.
Ok. We're talking about today. Increasing defense spending is a key pillar of the GOP platform.
Polls show that the majority of Americans, being descendants of immigrants themselves, are open to legal immigration.
However, charactering the flood of illegal immigrants at the southern border as "xenophobic" is bizarre at best.
Every nation reserves the right to decide as to who can qualify as an immigrant.
In other words, immigration is an area that's ripe for compromise, making conservative xenophobia even less excusable. Conservative scapegoating of immigrants is widespread and the general position is that immigrants are an "expense."
A number of major industries have recently left Chicago due to the rise in violent crime.
What rational person would want to live in a dangerous sh*thole?
I lived in Chicago during the time of peak violent crime / murder in the early 1990's, the difference from today was the probability of being mugged and / or shot walking along, say, the "Magnificent Mile" was effectively zero. This from someone who considered Chicago their second home.
Even you are forced to admit: the crime wave peaked in the early 1990's. Big cities are safer than they were then and remain desirable places to live. That's why rents are skyrocketing in big cities: demand continues to outstrip supply. And before you cite NIMBYism, New York has been on a building spree for the past decade and it still isn't enough to meet demand. Paradoxically, remote work policies have caused an influx of young people into the city who otherwise would not have been able to be employed locally.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Doc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:00 pm
I don't like Beck and rarely listen to him. But, at 6 am, I just spent an hour and 23 minutes listening to him do an interview with someone worth listening too just to make sure she said exactly what I previously thought she said. And she did.

So Circus founder or puppet Clowns, who do you trust with the future of the human race?
She is impressive. One would think investigative journalists like her, Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald...there must be more, should join forces and expose the crime syndicates and their tentacles.

As for Trump: a lot can happen before 2024. A primary DeSantis-Trump run off would be interesting.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 am
Doc wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:00 pm

She is impressive. One would think investigative journalists like her, Matt Taibbi, Glenn Greenwald...there must be more, should join forces and expose the crime syndicates and their tentacles.

As for Trump: a lot can happen before 2024. A primary DeSantis-Trump run off would be interesting.
Yes she is impressive. It is amazing that all of the above journalists are so good at investigative Journalism and all purported "Russian colluders" at the same time. Or maybe it is because they are "Russian colluders" that they are such good Investigative journalists.

Yes it would be good for a primary run off between the two. It will toughen them up for the general election.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:20 pm
Typhoon wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:09 pm
- Anti-LGBT discrimination
Interesting that this item starts your list as it is hardly a significant concern for the majority of Americans according to polls.
LGBT acceptance is not only the mainstream position (particularly among younger generations), it has been cemented as a fundamental human rights issue. People have the right to be attracted to whichever gender they please and the state cannot discriminate against such relationships.
On the other hand, it is understandable that people would be put off by:
assertions that there are more than two biological sexes - genders, contrary to science
claims that "people", not just woman, can become pregnant and breast feed
men who have gone through puberty competing as "women" in women's sports and winning against women who have dedicated years of training
in other words, the ongoing denigration of women and motherhood
placing LGBTs on a pedestal which deriding 97% of the population, heterosexuals.
claims that being male - masculinity - is "toxic"
The debate about gender identity is clearly still in flux but it will clearly not stabilize at 19th century Western norms. That's wishful thinking. For all the hysteria, conservatives have utterly failed to articulate why gender self-identification is harmful (particularly in contemporary highly-atomized societies) and the practice has always existed to some degree in various parts of the world.
In democratic nations, the right to vote is a right accorded to only citizens of such nations.
Providing proof that one is a US citizen in order to be able to vote is "disenfranchisement". How bizarre.
In Japan, every citizen, age 18 and above, is mailed a voting card which they present at a polling station. Simple.
Vote counting is done within 24 hours.
Talk about missing the point. That's laughably reductionist and naive. The US has a long history of disenfranchisement and its seemingly permissive voting laws exist as a check on that tendency, which is still alive and well.
Compared to other developed nations, the US has very violent subpopulations.
For example, blacks constitute about 14% of the population, black males about 7%, yet are responsible for over 50% of violent crimes and murders according to the FBI. The majority of violent crime is inner city black-on-black crime in cities such as Chicago, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, etm., all of this have had a Democratic lock on local and state politics for decades. By comparison, homicide as a leading cause of death is not even in the top three for whites, asians, and hispanics.
Gee, I wonder why that might be? What is it about the black experience in the US that has caused this situation? Sounds like social reform and restitution policies are urgently needed here!
The American obsession with and mythology of guns is something of a mystery to foreigners.
While the rare mass shooting makes the news, the usual body count is comparable to a typical Chicago weekend [or Baltimore, or St. Louis, or New Orleans, etm.]. The most common weapon used is a stolen or unregistered handgun. The leading cause of death for US black men between the ages of 15 and 34 is homicide. About 50% for US black males age 15 to 19. All according to the US CDC. Not by whites, not by asians, not by hispanics, not by the police, but at the hands of other black men. An abject reality studiously ignored by the US MSM.
Another right wing myth. Have right wing propaganda outlets completely co-opted your online experience? Gun violence in black communities is discussed constantly. What lit the right wing media bubble on fire in recent years was an increasing spotlight on other forms of systemic racism experienced by blacks, namely pervasive police brutality and sentencing discrimination.
No idea what you mean here.
The right-wing solution to increasing mass shootings is stepping up armed security at schools, metal detectors, active shooter drills, arming teachers, turning buildings into fortresses, etc. It's pretty sick.
The rise of "robber baron capitalism" started in the 1980's and has gone on during both US Democratic and Republican admins.
The rare repeal of an Act of Congress, in this case, the Glass-Steagall Act - separation of commercial banking and investment banking - was signed into law by Clinton. Both US Democrats and Republicans are actively involved in private equity.
This is ancient history at this point. You conveniently neglect to mention the Affordable Care Act under Obama. Have you forgotten how that played out on the Spengler forum? Or the Consumer Protection Bureau? How about local Democratic leadership on everything from labor law to climate policy?

I had no idea US Social Security has been eliminated. One learns something new every day.
You really need to get back into the real world and listen to what GOP candidates have been agitating for.
"Woke" politics is a form of secular religion. Promoting it in public schools while failing to educate students, inner city students graduating innumerate and functionally illiterate, seems insane to an outsider.
Secular "religion" has existed since the inception of the nation state and certainly since the creation of the public education system. Theistic religious indoctrination is another matter entirely.
The rise of the "military industrial complex" and its influence started with the Vietnam War and has continued across both US Democratic and Republican admins.
Ok. We're talking about today. Increasing defense spending is a key pillar of the GOP platform.
Polls show that the majority of Americans, being descendants of immigrants themselves, are open to legal immigration.
However, charactering the flood of illegal immigrants at the southern border as "xenophobic" is bizarre at best.
Every nation reserves the right to decide as to who can qualify as an immigrant.
In other words, immigration is an area that's ripe for compromise, making conservative xenophobia even less excusable. Conservative scapegoating of immigrants is widespread and the general position is that immigrants are an "expense."
A number of major industries have recently left Chicago due to the rise in violent crime.
What rational person would want to live in a dangerous sh*thole?
I lived in Chicago during the time of peak violent crime / murder in the early 1990's, the difference from today was the probability of being mugged and / or shot walking along, say, the "Magnificent Mile" was effectively zero. This from someone who considered Chicago their second home.
Even you are forced to admit: the crime wave peaked in the early 1990's. Big cities are safer than they were then and remain desirable places to live. That's why rents are skyrocketing in big cities: demand continues to outstrip supply. And before you cite NIMBYism, New York has been on a building spree for the past decade and it still isn't enough to meet demand. Paradoxically, remote work policies have caused an influx of young people into the city who otherwise would not have been able to be employed locally.
The answer to all the point you make is either to qualify with "in NYC and California" and Democrats run the big cities not republicans.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://defconnews.com/2022/11/15/fbi-a ... lago-home/
FBI ADMITS THEY FOUND NOTHING IN RAID OF TRUMP’S MAR-A-LAGO HOME
Tweet
The FBI has suddenly and quietly admitted that they found nothing in the raid of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home. I wonder if the fact that the midterm elections are over has anything to do with this. Leading up to 2022, there was nothing but leaks and speculation that Trump was trying to sell U.S. nuclear secrets and now that democrats have stolen the election, it was all a big nothing burger.

In August, an FBI team headed by a Russian collusion hoax specialist raided Donald Trump’s Florida home, claiming the former President had stolen classified material. The liberal media, citing unnamed sources, claimed this material was the most sensitive information our country has and said that Trump was trying to sell it to Saudi Arabia, Russia, and China.

But that was before the midterms, when it could hurt Republicans. Now that everything is safe and secure for the democrats, The Washington Post dumped this interesting tidbit of information:

That review has not found any apparent business advantage to the types of classified information in Trump’s possession, these people said. FBI interviews with witnesses so far, they said, also do not point to any nefarious effort by Trump to leverage, sell or use the government secrets. Instead, the former president seemed motivated by a more basic desire not to give up what he believed was his property, these people said.

So, no nuclear secrets or intelligence assets? How shocking.

The people familiar with the matter cautioned that the investigation is ongoing, that no final determinations have been made, and that it is possible additional information could emerge that changes investigators’ understanding of Trump’s motivations. But they said the evidence collected over a period of months indicates the primary explanation for potentially criminal conduct was Trump’s ego and intransigence.

If you remember, this all came about because the National Archives claimed Trump had taken material when he left the White House that they said belonged to them. He turned that stuff over but the National Archive claimed there was more. Then, the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago to get it.

Trump took documents related to him and this is conformed by the Washington Post. It was never all of the crazy lavender the liberal media made it out to be.

In fact, before the raid ever happened, both the National Archives and the FBI knew it was personal information. Yet, the FBI made it out to be an act of treason and fed the liberal media explosive leaks to fuel their hysterical headlines.

Now why would the FBI do something like that? Aren’t they supposed to be an unbiased, non-partisan law enforcement agency?

The easy answer here is that Joe Biden has weaponized the Department of Justice against his political enemies and the FBI was already pretty corrupt before that. The raid on Mar-a-Lago was a political move to discredit Trump and damage the Republicans before the midterm elections that democrats were bracing for an ass-whooping in.

As it turned out, democrats had more tricks up their sleeves to rig the midterm elections but this was one component. Now that democrats have successfully stolen the election, it’s okay to tell the truth that the Trump raid was not that big of a deal.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:08 am The answer to all the point you make is either to qualify with "in NYC and California" and Democrats run the big cities not republicans.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:41 am
Doc wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:08 am The answer to all the point you make is either to qualify with "in NYC and California" and Democrats run the big cities not republicans.
And most of the GDP in the big cities is concentrated in the hands of the 1%. Mostly in their financial investments. Go figure that one out Zack..
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

That's true and is weirdly aided and abetted by impoverished and undereducated GOP voters who believe voting for "pro-business" policies will result in their own enrichment. Any day now, Cletus is going to strike opportunity and ascend to the 1% Club!

What is the wealth concentration outside these regions, where a small landed gentry class dominates local business and the rest face a dearth of opportunity for growth?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 am That's true and is weirdly aided and abetted by impoverished and undereducated GOP voters who believe voting for "pro-business" policies will result in their own enrichment. Any day now, Cletus is going to strike opportunity and ascend to the 1% Club!

What is the wealth concentration outside these regions, where a small landed gentry class dominates local business and the rest face a dearth of opportunity for growth?
Actually most people in the GOP vote for economic growth. And pretty much every one votes for having money in retirement. Yet looks like most are going to loose most of their retirement in the next months. Even Social security is at risk. Mostly because of crooks living in the California and NYC. The Democrats are now the party of the 1% They are all too happy to take millions from them. FTX for example gave democrats as much as $70 million dollars for 2022. SBF promised a billion for 2024. And the dems covered up the fraud for him. Face it Zack you are supporting an organized crime syndicate.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVQTNpSwIk

DrVQTNpSwIk

Typhoon mentioned Repubs being their own worst "enema"; in this video it is all over the place. Air Jordan tries to be of service to decent conservative Repubs by pressing them to consider how to be successful in winning more votes (aside the Trump era which appears to have come to an end), especially winning over young people. That in fact it is all for the take; Repubs only need to make the right move and explain things correctly. My prediction is they won't make any right move; because they can't. Midgets don't run a 100m in 10 seconds ever. No matter how smart. It is not in Repubs their genes to be convincing.

The good Mr. Johnson clearly has no idea what could possibly bother a leftist wokie about the Repub party: a repub typically says government behaves easily bad and should be kept small, but business is gooooood! Well, big business is as prone to bad behavior as is big government: the proof of that is now abundant and all around. Centers of corporate power, notably central banks and information tech now govern the world and are buying politicians to serve their interest. Fascist oligarchy.

Businesses are always seduced into illegal-criminal behavior to keep profits as high as possible; when you get away with say polluting the environment dumping poisonous waste anywhere or scamming investors and naive consumers with ponzoid financial dog-poo products... greed, or just the need to survive economically can create equally monstrous corporate entities similar to a rogue big-government.

The right sees bad government, the left sees bad business. Dems miss their right eye, repubs their left eye. Thusly the USA has become a country of cyclopses.

The message you get from those good-smart midget conservatives is: just become like us, think how we think, and preferably believe how and what we believe…. and lo-and-behold…. aaaaall will be fine!

That in the meantime big-corp and big-gov start to collude all over the place on a global scale and time is running out to stop them… seems to not be on their radar at all. Nope: better just focus on the image of the crucifixion and how that inspires you to be a responsible person who voluntarily takes on all the challenges of a life full of suffering with death at the end of every road, aqa the Air Jordan’s Passion. Because indeed, crucifixion is what it will be again, especially for Repubs.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:48 am
Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:10 am That's true and is weirdly aided and abetted by impoverished and undereducated GOP voters who believe voting for "pro-business" policies will result in their own enrichment. Any day now, Cletus is going to strike opportunity and ascend to the 1% Club!

Actually most people in the GOP vote for economic growth. And pretty much every one votes for having money in retirement. Yet looks like most are going to loose most of their retirement in the next months. Even Social security is at risk. Mostly because of crooks living in the California and NYC. The Democrats are now the party of the 1% They are all too happy to take millions from them. FTX for example gave democrats as much as $70 million dollars for 2022. SBF promised a billion for 2024. And the dems covered up the fraud for him. Face it Zack you are supporting an organized crime syndicate.
Yeah, about FTX: FTX billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried funneled dark money to Republicans.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Buying favors from both Dems and Repubs is business as usual in legalized bribery land. Trump did the same before he POTUS'd. One dollar, one vote, no matter who.

However...! :ugeek: