India

Simple Minded

Re: India

Post by Simple Minded »

This is an aspect of humanity that fascinates me. If you can't find enough nastiness in the present day to piss you off, you can always search history and become "fulfilled" in your desire for victimhood.

People who do evil deeds die. The accountability of group identity never does. The bizarre desire to search for the dark side of life.

Unless of course, it is the first step towards some sort of financial compensation. Then, not a bad tactic at all.
kmich

Post by kmich »

Simple Minded wrote:
This is an aspect of humanity that fascinates me. If you can't find enough nastiness in the present day to piss you off, you can always search history and become "fulfilled" in your desire for victimhood.

People who do evil deeds die. The accountability of group identity never does. The bizarre desire to search for the dark side of life.

Unless of course, it is the first step towards some sort of financial compensation. Then, not a bad tactic at all.
An unfortunately familiar presentation of smug, facile cynicism.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

kmich wrote:
An unfortunately familiar presentation of smug, facile cynicism.
:)

I suppose to the purebloods, say either vampire or lycan, living in a past that occurred before one's birth, creates a perverse sense of satisfaction thru either guilt or victimhood. Their bleak future seems to be one of self-inflicted pain. Free will can be very just.

But to those of us of mixed heritage, it seems pointless for me to apologize to myself for what some of my ancestors did to my other ancestors just a few decades before my birth. I would need to adopt a special form of schizophrenia to find this to be therapeutic.

Tis a fascinating situation, those who did no evil, getting a sense of a clean conscious, simply by apologizing to those who suffered no evil, and those who suffered no evil getting a sense of justice, from an apology, delivered by those who did them no evil. Will our mental gymnastics never cease?

In the same sense, please allow me to apologize today, for what some of my descendants might someday do to some of your descendants.
Wow! It works! I feel my burden of guilt lightening.
Now, if you will also perform the same courtesy to me, it will lighten my sense of victimhood.

Me thinks we have been previously warned about engaging in this sense of foolishness:

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Coffee entrepreneur Siddhartha’s suicide shocks India Inc
Café Coffee Day founder’s purported suicide note alleges pressure from private equity partner, harassment from tax authorities

The death of V.G. Siddhartha, the founder of Bangalore-headquartered coffee chain Cafe Coffee Day – an Indian version of Starbucks – has sent shockwaves through corporate India, which is currently battling economic slowdown and worsening investment climate.
https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/07/artic ... india-inc/

Coffee is the breath of life, suicide is a cognitive dissonance but then I'm not an entrepreneur. I don't know anything about business life on the Indian subcontinent, but it seems very competitive, very much driven by interpersonal relationships and all around edgy.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

This writer despairs that the ideal of democracy is ebbing away from the world's largest democracy:

The rise and fall of India’s dynastic politics
Recently, historian Ramachandra Guha courted controversy when, speaking at the Kerala Literary Festival, he chided the resident Malyalis for electing to Parliament Rahul Gandhi, who, in his words, is a fifth-generation dynast. Gandhi is a great-great grandson of Motilal Nehru, a leading figure in the Indian National Congress and great-grandson of India’s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru. His grandmother Indira Gandhi and father Rajiv were also prime ministers. Naturally, Rahul took up the cudgels of the Congress party – which lost two consecutive general elections, and fell to historic lows in the number of seats it won in Parliament.
https://www.asiatimes.com/2020/01/opini ... -politics/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Spectator | Will India finally learn its lesson on China?
Every romantic theory of solidarity is good until men are bludgeoned and thrown in ditches and warships rammed.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F1B2FOcY6M

0F1B2FOcY6M

Indian Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri told CNBC on Wednesday that his country will continue to purchase Russian oil despite growing pressure from the West.

The minister explained that it’s a question of energy security, pointing out that India consumes around five million barrels of oil per day.

Asked whether he has a moral conflict with buying Russian oil amid the military operation in Ukraine, Puri replied, “No, there’s no conflict. I have a moral duty to my consumer. Do I as a democratically elected government want a situation where the petrol pump runs dry? Look at what is happening in countries around India.”

The Indian petroleum minister added that the EU has no right to judge India for importing Russian oil, as it buys much more itself.

“The Europeans buy more in one afternoon than I do in a quarter. I’d be surprised if that is not the condition still. But yes, we will buy from Russia, we will buy from wherever.”
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Ukraine

noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/aus ... /e71yc6y2j?

Free trade between aus and india, all the goods our spat with china left unsold now going to indian middle class.

With the quad group for shared self defence and strong cultural ties on sport and immigrants.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/video/antho ... /0fy7arx08

Links for schooling
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »