May Day

This too shall pass.
Enki

May Day

Post by Enki »

There were massive rallies all across the country yesterday. The biggest day for Occupy Wall Street yet. 100,000 in various actions throughout the day.

George Martinez, my candidate for Congress got on the ballot, we had the hearing that made it official yesterday.

A huge Civil Lawsuit was filed by our lawyer and several other lawyers and local politicians against the MTA, NYPD, Chase, the City and Brookfield properties on Monday.

The NYPD conducted random raids of Occupiers homes throughout the city. And Facebook redacts occupy news and keeps occupiers from spreading info from one to another via Facebook.

Just thought I'd bring an update.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ibrahim

Re: May Day

Post by Ibrahim »

What's "Loyalty Day?" Some competing May Day thing that conservatives were running? I heard some jokes/tweets about it yesterday but I didn't know what the deal was.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ibrahim wrote:What's "Loyalty Day?" Some competing May Day thing that conservatives were running? I heard some jokes/tweets about it yesterday but I didn't know what the deal was.
It's one of those things that the government did back in the fascist era early in the century when they were trying to manufacture patriotism. The radical right-wing movement that was trying to make it sound like people organizing as workers was some kind of pernicious evil. Portraying it as patriotic to obey the corporate masters, that sort of thing.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Loyalty Day Needed more for the Elites than the Workers.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Enki wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:What's "Loyalty Day?" Some competing May Day thing that conservatives were running? I heard some jokes/tweets about it yesterday but I didn't know what the deal was.
It's one of those things that the government did back in the fascist era early in the century when they were trying to manufacture patriotism. The radical right-wing movement that was trying to make it sound like people organizing as workers was some kind of pernicious evil. Portraying it as patriotic to obey the corporate masters, that sort of thing.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Enki.

Suspect that some of these Elites/Renouncers skipped attending Loyalty Day! :wink: :twisted: :evil:

Hat tip to Azari......
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20&start=50#p16276

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:
I suppose that
Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.
is not accident - that is is a different day than May 1 in Europe and elsewhere.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Labor Day was Time Sited to Avoid May Day

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:
Enki wrote:
I suppose that
Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.
is not accident - that is is a different day than May 1 in Europe and elsewhere.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Typhoon.

Quite correct.

But Labor Day is still HATED by the likes of Limbaugh........

IIRC he wants to have a day where workers work without pay......

I am NOT joking.......

Maybe Limbaugh is joking ....... but I suspect he is also serious.........

Both/all sides of the Work/Job power equation think they are the most important/essential ones........

Maybe they all are :wink:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

My father was accosted by some Protestors throughout the day then his building was evacuated because some OWS sent fake-anthrax to a bank found on the same floor. The receptionist, who has a rather comic book name, was rushed to the hospital. I'm sure she was the intended target, like my father, who isn't a banker- but why take the risk that an older guy in a suit isn't? Ammirite?
Enki

Post by Enki »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:My father was accosted by some Protestors throughout the day then his building was evacuated because some OWS sent fake-anthrax to a bank found on the same floor. The receptionist, who has a rather comic book name, was rushed to the hospital. I'm sure she was the intended target, like my father, who isn't a banker- but why take the risk that an older guy in a suit isn't? Ammirite?
I don't know any of those idiots. My condolences to your Father and his co-workers.

Though I'll put on my occupy conspiracy hat for a moment and say whoever sent it was probably a cop. ;)
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

The cops are giving drugs to protesters and asking them to turn informant, blatantly, in one area.
Enki

Post by Enki »

They grope girls to get them afraid of going to protests.
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Enki wrote:They grope girls to get them afraid of going to protests.
I think if I saw that I might go to prison.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So it looks like the fleabagger thing is a really big bust then, right?
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Post by Enki »

-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So it looks like the fleabagger thing is a really big bust then, right?
You love the police state more than anyone I know.

But no, Occupy is much farther along than the Tea Party was in the same time period.
-Alexander Hamilton