The Age of Uncertainty | John Kenneth Galbraith

Typhoon

The Age of Uncertainty | John Kenneth Galbraith

Post by Typhoon »

Another BBC series in the same spirit as "The Ascent of Man - Jacob Bronowski" on science , "Civilization - Kenneth Clarke" on art, and "Connections - James Burke" on technology.

The Age of Uncertainty - BBC | Episode 1 - The Prophets and Promise of Classical Capitalism + series playlist

Recently learned about the late economist J. K. Galbraith who introduced the concept of the "bezzle" from "embezzlement".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Re: The Age of Uncertainty | John Kenneth Galbraith

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:56 am Another BBC series in the same spirit as "The Ascent of Man - Jacob Bronowski" on science , "Civilization - Kenneth Clarke" on art, and "Connections - James Burke" on technology.

The Age of Uncertainty - BBC | Episode 1 - The Prophets and Promise of Classical Capitalism + series playlist

Recently learned about the late economist J. K. Galbraith who introduced the concept of the "bezzle" from "embezzlement".
As compelling as his story was(I really enjoyed it) there are a lot of controversial claims in "Connections" That is why Burke was always careful to say it was his personal opinion.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros