Australia - Human Rights

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Australia - Human Rights

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Sounds like good old fashioned bullying
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:11 pm https://www.9news.com.au/national/bunni ... 43d7b8a2c9
Bunnings has set the record straight after concerns incoming food safety laws would spell the demise of the business' beloved sausage sizzles.
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand are introducing new requirements for people in the food service, catering and retail sectors to undergo an online training course before they are able to handle food from December this year.
People worrying about the short term covid responses in this country had no idea how pathetic our middle class is here in the big cities.

the australian version of the hotdog - a basic fried pork sausage and onions on a slice of bread , which has been safely served in the 100's of thousands EVERY DAY for a century without killing anyone, is now subject to food safety compulsory training courses

this is pretty much the staple of any gathering that needs to feed a lot of hungry boys very cheaply and minimum fuss.

. . .
I wonder what percentage of the urban chattering classes thinks food orginates at the supermarket.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:20 am
I wonder what percentage of the urban chattering classes thinks food orginates at the supermarket.
a huge amount by the shock and horror they display at animals being killed on video.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 023-10-15/

'Reconciliation is dead' :

Indigenous Australians vow silence after referendum fails
Interesting

:lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I suppose one can now expect much wailing and gnashing of teeth, if not actual rending of garments, by the Aussie chattering classes.

ABC | The Voice to Parliament referendum has been defeated.

Did not pay much attention to this issue,
but to me it sounded like an "All Aussies are equal, but some Aussies are more equal than others" proposal.

Anyways, my view on populations, including but not limited to aboriginal ones, is that it is a waste of time, money, and effort to try to assist any group that is not absolutely determined to help themselves to improve their lot.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the luvvie wankers are losing their shitt over it.

we are in a recession, massive inflation, housing crisis so bad we have tent cities forming in many areas - so the sneeky gubmint dropped a big dumb wedge issue on the media and its all they talked about, before and after.

the current system has aboriginal consultancies and advisory bodies in all layers of government - so pon a practical level it changed nothing.

the proposal, was that we get yet another, new exciting advisory position enshrined in the constitution! they would have no power but be symbolic.

anyone that wanted more political power to the aboriginals got dissapointed, so the only people falling over themselves for a symbolic wankfest was the luvvies.

even the aboriginal areas didnt vote for it as heavily as they did.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Read it was a 60-40 "no", all states going against it but Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne broke the opposite way. Didn't look the numbers up myself but that seems to fit the caricature of how this was all gonna shake out.
noddy

Post by noddy »

she is not pro millitary dictatorship and blowing up villagers in rural pakistan

so yeh, she condems the israelis but the iranians and americans need to look the other way too :)
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoeHUnEjK2g

Australia is reportedly delaying military export requests from Israel.

This comes over mounting concerns of civilian casualties in Gaza amid war.

Reports said Israel has made several requests to Australia, but applications remain unanswered.

good noddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mj6OnsoKDQ