Gloom, Doom, or Boom? Finance and Economics

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Typhoon

Re: Gloom, Doom, or Boom? Finance and Economics

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Turkey
IMG_4349.jpeg
IMG_4349.jpeg (111.21 KiB) Viewed 3158 times
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:11 pm Turkey
IMG_4349.jpeg
Edit.

Some details.

FT | Turkish lira tumbles as Erdoğan backs more orthodox economic team
Currency falls by most since late 2021 after new finance minister promised more ‘rational’ policy.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

US commercial real estate.

WJS | Interest-Only Loans Helped Commercial Property Boom. Now They’re Coming Due.
Landlords face a $1.5 trillion bill for commercial mortgages over the next three years
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I can't help wondering why it all has to be so complicated. Comes off as a complexity by design and keeping those cards close to your chest.

Why not:

- Simply make it a requirement that banks should have a minimum of 25% own buffer capital. How this capital should be defined shouldn’t be too difficult. Pulling up more smoke screens is a bad excuus.

- Make sure the regulators are independent and in no cahoots with any banks, super pacs et-al. Put in some Nobel Prize winning economists there and let them create the HR to fill all positions for regulatory bodies. Total transparency, accountability, frequently updating the public what’s old, new, and why.

- Make sure that by law, CEOs and CFOs are obliged to have some of their own private capital as skin in the same game. It makes them less reckless and more considerate. Prudent. Responsible. For healthy selfish reasons.

- Put a max on bank size. There must be some simple metric for "size" to keep the financial ecology competitive and diverse.

- Resurrect the Glass- Steagall wall between commercial banking and investment banking. Such an operation I suppose is like operating Hamas out of Gaza to create a better reality afterwards: it can only happen with a lot of destruction first. Many vested interests will cry faul ie "financial genocide". It makes following the money easier when the dirty crybabies cry.

- Bankster prankster gangsters who are ffing around using complicated loopholes and opaque poo-products in a fog of purposely designed complexity i.e. sugar-coated dog-sh*t, should be tried in court and do big bad time in prison, Iceland style.
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2LN8JYBbN8

Qatar Halts LNG Shipments Via Red Sea After U.S. Strikes Yemen
Heracleum Persicum

1.png
1.png (65.82 KiB) Viewed 240 times
2.png
2.png (30.65 KiB) Viewed 240 times
3.png
3.png (50.86 KiB) Viewed 240 times

In the future it will be wars of economy .. competition .. fight for markets and market share

For that, "cost of doing business" is the "make or brake" .. meaning housing cost, commercial rents, wages must come down .. all central banks want that , but they want it happens "gradually" so that losses do not trigger collapse of banks etc

Don't hold your breath

Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2024/04/trump-pla ... -to-china/

Trump will devalue U$

The US trying this gambit would pour gasoline on inflationary pressures and risk the dollar’s status as a global reserve currency.

That such a maneuver might coincide with Trump plans for a 60% tax on all Chinese goods and 100% tariffs on certain auto imports would shake the Federal Reserve’s monetary cosmology.

Not a bad idea

Heracleum Persicum

Reality takin over .. Rate-cut hopes give way to questions about a Fed hike — and how much higher interest rates should go

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NVDA

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SMCI

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/SOXL

Tech fallin .. Commercial Real Estate in toilet .. interest rate going up and not down .. Trump devaluing $$

Traders Are Cashing Out of Markets En Masse

Traders Are Cashing Out of Markets En Masse

Traders just pulled billions out of stocks and junk bonds

Elevated market valuations are now stirring investor angst

The great market rally of 2024 looks dangerously close to unraveling as Wall Street’s once-invincible bull brigade begins to withdraw its winnings.
Nvidia shares fell 10% on Friday, the worst day for the chipmaker since March 2020..

Super Micro Computer, one of the vendors that build Nvidia-based servers, saw shares drop 23%
Heracleum Persicum

Dont know about crash but for sure the big boys will get a bit haircut, 30% -50% high probability .. Tech laying off en mass .. that AI run was sort of scam

Small caps the place 2B now
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-x4Q7u5H8

China Dumps U.S. Treasuries To Buy RECORD Amounts Of Gold As The U.S. Dollar Outlook Weakens

US confiscating $ 300 Billion Russian central bank money .. Chinese and Japanese and Indians and Arabs have to be full fledge IDI*TS to hold Dollars with FED