Ukraine

Typhoon

Re: Ukraine

Post by Typhoon »

The stark reality is that no one wants to be Russian, PR Chinese, or Iranian for all the reasons that you've listed.

These are countries that people escape, pardon me, emigrate from not to.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nuland quits her job as the Éminence grise of the Ukraine without notice, and the Sec State appoints John Bass to take over.

This is the same diplomat called in and told to drop everything and evacuate Afghanistan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-amba ... ook-2023-8
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Nuland quits her job as the Éminence grise of the Ukraine without notice, and the Sec State appoints John Bass to take over.

This is the same diplomat called in and told to drop everything and evacuate Afghanistan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-amba ... ook-2023-8
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:34 pm The stark reality is that no one wants to be Russian, PR Chinese, or Iranian for all the reasons that you've listed.

Indeed.Nice summary of same:

The Culture War Matters: Here is Why - Konstantin Kisin

Less clear however, is how to fight and win these culture wars.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Parodite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:48 pm
Typhoon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:34 pm The stark reality is that no one wants to be Russian, PR Chinese, or Iranian for all the reasons that you've listed.

Indeed.Nice summary of same:

The Culture War Matters: Here is Why - Konstantin Kisin

Less clear however, is how to fight and win these culture wars.

I didn't respond to the above post because the poster (who has repeated same argument in multiple occasions) thinks high GDP sign of high civilization.

Parodite, issue now world facing is not whether other people want or don't want to move to Russia or China or Iran .. those who going to West are "Refugee" fleeing West bombing them and making their lives miserable by sanctions and many other means.

Libyans drowning in Mediterranean on capsized dingy boats are not risking their life because they love Western democracy and liberalism and humanity, they running away from West destroying Libya
.. same with Syrians and others.

Yes, there is a Cultural clash ..

People in Russia, India, China, Iran, Japan, Indonesia, Africa are happy among and within their own culture .. AND .. they not into forcing people in Amsterdam or Paris or New York to live like in India or Moscow or Iran.

All they sayin to West is "get out of our lives".

Look now at Ukraine

Nearly 6.5 million refugees from Ukraine have been recorded globally (as of February 2024). Approximately 14.6 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in 2024.

Nuland fooled Zelenskyy into this disaster and now Ukrainian teachers are dishwashers in French and German restaurants (if lucky)

West, Carter and W. Bush, destroyed social and cultural fabric of 1000s of yrs Afghanistan excuse being wanting to bring "social Democracy" (W. Bush said so) to Afghanistan.

Heracleum Persicum

American Conservative
NATO Can Have Ukraine or the USA
— Not Both

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-senator-m ... to-1877569

"If Ukraine is in NATO, the United States should be out, plain and simple. We must draw a redline with NATO: You can have Ukraine or the United States," Lee wrote.

In clear text, to Europeans, you are on your own

Poor Germans were fooled.

Germans should let go of Macron and shake hand with Putin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:19 am .

American Conservative
— Not Both

"If Ukraine is in NATO, the United States should be out, plain and simple. We must draw a redline with NATO: You can have Ukraine or the United States," Lee wrote.

The Germans don't want to be Russian. No one does.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:56 pm

American Conservative
— Not Both

To that point:

Someone (the tweeter?) twice underlined the text to make a point; I think it would have been better made highlighting:

"After decades of Soviet domination, we are all afraid of Russia."

and the full two sentences here:

"It is important to remember that this is the first time in history that the Soviet Army [reads as interchangeable with the general history of the Russian army, especially in context of the earlier statements about post-communism and the soviet collapse] has withdrawn from territory peacefully. If Russia again adopts an aggressive foreign policy, that aggression will be directed towards Poland and the Ukraine."
Heracleum Persicum

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:59 am
Typhoon wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:56 pm

American Conservative
— Not Both

To that point:

Someone (the tweeter?) twice underlined the text to make a point; I think it would have been better made highlighting:

"After decades of Soviet domination, we are all afraid of Russia."

and the full two sentences here:

"It is important to remember that this is the first time in history that the Soviet Army [reads as interchangeable with the general history of the Russian army, especially in context of the earlier statements about post-communism and the soviet collapse] has withdrawn from territory peacefully. If Russia again adopts an aggressive foreign policy, that aggression will be directed towards Poland and the Ukraine."

In the world , and history , all smaller neighbours were afraid of their bigger and stronger neighbours .. this not a Russian or new phenomena but universal in all the world last many 1000s of years.

Texas was Mexico, so were many other US states .. AND ?

For Poland and Ukraine and Baltics and Finland .. AND IRAN .. best approach is, no matter what, to try to maintain "good relation" with next door Russia .. good relation the only guaranty .. yes, the relation will not be fair, but neither life nor world is fair.

Notion that smaller neighbours bring a strong bully to protect them against their bigger and stronger neighbour , ALWAYS , without exception ALWAYS , ends in disaster for them , ALWAYS

So, Walesa and Zelenskyy are idi*ts to bank their national security on America .. Any Nation which relied on America, was f*cked .. that will happen to Japan and Australia if they not wise enough.

US not in this for "fairness" or "humanitarian" reason .. it is all Dollar and Cents, national interest .. there no FRIEND in world relations, it all is "interest" .. interests shifts continuously, but Ukraine and Poland will be next to Russia even after 1,000 yrs (if they still around).

Europeans now realizing this and will rely on themselves, settle with Russia meaning comprehensive security arrangement with Russia.

US knows this, Trump knows this, Europe knows this, Russia knows this, China knows this .. and Mull*hs too know this

The sooner things realized, the painless this will become.

noddy

Post by noddy »

its a shame only the Frenchies and Poms understood what was really happening.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... s-ukraine/

too late now.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:10 am its a shame only the Frenchies and Poms understood what was really happening.

too late now.

Europe should have accepted the Russian proposal for a "comprehensive security agreement"

Instead

Europe fell into US trap starting war with Russia. Cheap Russian gas was replaced with expensive US LNG :lol:

NO .. not too late

IMVHO, once Trump reelected, West should settle with Russia and work out a "comprehensive security agreement", for both side.

NATO, as promised and agreed, retreat to German borders. :)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:04 am
noddy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:10 am its a shame only the Frenchies and Poms understood what was really happening.

too late now.

Europe should have accepted the Russian proposal for a "comprehensive security agreement"

Instead

Europe fell into US trap starting war with Russia. Cheap Russian gas was replaced with expensive US LNG :lol:

NO .. not too late

IMVHO, once Trump reelected, West should settle with Russia and work out a "comprehensive security agreement", for both side.

Appeasement of murderous megalomaniacs, such as Putin, never ends well for democracies.
Eventually the problem has to be dealt with in a far more costly manner.

Russian Offensive Campaign - Invasion - Assessment, March 14, 2024

The fossil fuels sanctions are dumb.
What the US should have done, as the largest oil and gas producer on the planet, is ramp up production and cause the price of oil and nat gas to collapse.
This would have hobbled the Russians and, as a bonus, the Iranians.

Unfortunately, the climate doom mongers hold sway in the current Obama, pardon me, Biden admin.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:04 am

too late now.

Instead

NO .. not too late

Appeasement of murderous megalomaniacs, such as Putin, never ends well for democracies.
Eventually the problem has to be dealt with in a far more costly manner.

Russian Offensive Campaign - Invasion - Assessment, March 14, 2024

The fossil fuels sanctions are dumb.
What the US should have done, as the largest oil and gas producer on the planet, is ramp up production and cause the price of oil and nat gas to collapse.
This would have hobbled the Russians and, as a bonus, the Iranians.

Unfortunately, the climate doom mongers hold sway in the current Obama, pardon me, Biden admin.

Putin.png
Putin.png (91.62 KiB) Viewed 145 times

.. troops regain initiative in Ukraine

As a human being, priority # 1 should be Ukrainian people and not what French, Brits or Germans want (to fight to the last Ukrainian)

Ukrainians are close with Russians since 1000 yrs, every Ukrainian has a Russian relative, lot of intermarriages etc etc

Russian economy doing much better than G7 ..

and :lol:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... y-us-city/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrE3yr4ss8U

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Yawn.

Arresting and/or murdering any opposition candidates is a tried and true method of winning sham elections employed by despots everywhere.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

My prediction is, unless Trump next POTUS, Russia will take all Ukraine

Reason is, West and NATO arming Ukraine NAZI brigade with cruise missiles to hit deep into Russia

Already started happening.

There no other solution for Russia except to "clean the barn" once for all.

Unfortunately

NATO ?

:lol: Nobody afraid of NATO (anymore), all talk, pretty much HOT AIR.

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

My equally uninformed prediction is Putin will take only the Black Sea areas. Polish ethnic areas will return to Poland. Kiev will become an independent, Orthodox Vatican. The farmland will be sharecropped by Blackrock. Trump will get a couple air bases for the USA.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:22 pm
My equally uninformed prediction is Putin will take only the Black Sea areas. Polish ethnic areas will return to Poland. Kiev will become an independent, Orthodox Vatican. The farmland will be sharecropped by Blackrock. Trump will get a couple air bases for the USA.

The American Conservative
The U.S. May Need to Maneuver Around NATO Article 5

President Trump was right :

We should not automatically protect an ally actively courting a nuclear showdown.

This no brainer .. should Latvian or Estonian president have the power to push US into a nuclear Armageddon ?

Everybody already knows "NATO Article 5" misunderstood.

One cannot name names, but I recently had some conversations in private with some northwestern European officials, and, more than at Trump or Biden, they are livid at their Baltic counterparts.

And for good reason, one might add. Never in recent memory have there been more hawkish and reckless protectorates. So much so that it appears to be almost a natural law that the smaller a protectorate located in close proximity of a peer rival, the greater the hysterical lunacy of its political leaders.
Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2024/03/europe-da ... -lost-war/

Told you Ukraine is finished, told you

Another disaster .. In Iraq case, Neocons pushed poor Bush over the cliff .. and in Ukraine Victoria Nuland pushed Europe (and Biden) over the cliff

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Reason is, West and NATO arming Ukraine NAZI brigade with cruise missiles to hit deep into Russia

Already started happening.

There no other solution for Russia except to "clean the barn" once for all.

Unfortunately

NATO ?

:lol: Nobody afraid of NATO (anymore), all talk, pretty much HOT AIR.

"Clean house"?

Russia is unable to progress along the current front.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 am .

https://asiatimes.com/2024/03/europe-da ... -lost-war/

Told you Ukraine is finished, told you

Another disaster .. In Iraq case, Neocons pushed poor Bush over the cliff .. and in Ukraine Victoria Nuland pushed Europe (and Biden) over the cliff

You really should have that "premature celebration" looked at.
Asia Times (Chinese: 亞洲時報), formerly known as Asia Times Online, is a Hong Kong–based English language news media publishing group . . .
Asia Times is not the same old Asia Times. Now it's nothing more than a mouthpiece for CCP agitprop.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Putler not much gained since 2014, but lost a lot. Finland, Baltics, Ukraine (while being raped) and Eastern European countries once under USSR soviet boots... never will they surrender to psycho-state Russia. Fight to last man and woman standing. They all want to be member of EU-NATO block. More Russians aware of criminal Putler gang that will intensify its repressive violence against citizens speaking out. Pattern always the same and end of dictator written on the wall already.

Middle and Western part of Ukraine's majority population wanted become part of EU and NATO; now not just a majority, it's all of them with a very deep hatred for Putin and what he stands for and did to them: murderous KGB USSR thug and rapist, i.e. the usual Czarist Cartel Mafia under a different name. Putin is just the latest Czarist Kingpin. His successor probably of same type. How can this CCM chain be broken? Weakest moment is around succession of power when economy is very weak with majority of population having strong negative sentiments towards the ruling class of thugs.

There is only so much propaganda can do and achieve. When the shelves in the shops are empty and everybody too scared to speak out the end is nigh. When there is misery and death to your left, to your right and right behind you, the only choice forward is a popular revolt. With the army doing the switch and choose for the people. The reason why armies do the switch at that point has little to do with remorse or sudden bouts of empathy and intelligence: when the host the Czarists and their military parasites are feeding on is seriously ill and at the brink of dying... also the army is soon without pay and food. If they round up the Czar and his gang, hand them over handcuffed to the angry massive Mob who want justice, peace and food on the table... they saved the host's life enabling it to recover and grow fat again and thank the military for it.

The good thing about armed forces is that they tend to be less ideological: as long as there are fat pigs around to hunt and put on the BBQ. The Chinese CCP learned that lesson well. The only way to keep central control is farming enough healthy pigs, keeping them well fed and preferably happy. A Farmer selling his cattle the idea he is their Messiah usually thrives. When that fails, the cattle will be turned into slaves who work at gun point. North Korea the final outcome. But Russians are on average too drunk and eccentric for a North Korea to emerge there. Russians always revolted against the previous Czar, which in and of itself speaks for them and is a reason for hope.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:06 am
Asia Times (Chinese: 亞洲時報), formerly known as Asia Times Online, is a Hong Kong–based English language news media publishing group . . .
Asia Times is not the same old Asia Times. Now it's nothing more than a mouthpiece for CCP agitprop.

Asia times now better than before , very unbiased , factual and real , not political

Excellent source for Americans and Europeans to get "Real News" about what is happening in the world.

West, US and Europe, their media, print and TV, FILTERED, and, SELF censored .. they now openly tow "Authority's line" and participate in "made up, manufactured" and "fake news".

Best to read and watch are 3rd party media , Times of India , Indonesia ..

West is playing a very dangerous game, agitating crazy people against Russia ..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17256.html

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:20 pm West is playing a very dangerous game, agitating crazy people against Russia ..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 17256.html
These ISIS terrorists are amateurish. Only 100 killed. That's a small drip with no effect. They should ask Ultra Terrorist Putler how he does it.

Adult civilians killed in Ukraine: 10.582
Children killed in Ukraine: 587

https://www.statista.com/statistics/129 ... asualties/

As for terrorists who love shooting themselves in the foot and provoking a much stronger army into retaliatory operations decimating their organisation and killing thousands of civilians on the fly because they hide under, behind and among them, you know where to get your advice.