Israel

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Israel

Post by monster_gardener »

Since the Forum is bound to get an Israel Thread, thought it best to be started by a friend even if he is to quote Hordak: "Weird..... Really Weird :wink:!!!
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener

Penguin Pesters a Patriot Lady.

Penguin Pesters a Patriot Lady.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/is ... n-1.404158
Israeli female soldier accosted for rebuffing Haredi bus segregation

Jerusalem resident Doron Matalon says ultra-Orthodox man, 45, chided her for not moving to back of bus, calling her 'gentile' and 'prostitute.'
By Oz Rosenberg

A day after a massive rally in central Israel protested gender segregation and discrimination in Israel, a female Israel Defense Forces soldier reported being accosted by a Haredi man on Wednesday over her refusal to move to the back of a segregated bus in Jerusalem.

According to the soldier, Doron Matalon, a 45-year-old man asked her to move to the back of the bus, threatening her, and calling her "prostitute."

"I didn't want to move back, both on principle and because there wasn't any room. It's always stuffy and disgusting in the back," Matalon said, adding that "everything was fine, I was almost at my stop, and then the conductors came on."

At that point, the IDF soldier said, the ultra-Orthodox man chastised a woman who had come over to the front of the bus to have her ticket checked, saying: "You don't have to come up front to check your ticket, a woman shouldn't move to this side of the bus."
Jerusalem segregated bus Emil Salman

"And then he turned to me," Matalon said, and said 'you too soldier, move back, and then he called me a prostitute." According to the IDF soldier, the man was soon joined by other religious men in the bus, who proceeded to yell out "prostitute," and "Shikse "(gentile woman).

Matalon said that at that point she "felt threatened and a huge commotion began. I yelled out for the conductor to come quick, and two male conductors rushed in. They pushed him away from me and said: 'Why are you shouting, she's a soldier,' but he continued to be abusive."

The bus was ordered to stop in the city's Levi Eshkol Blvd, where the conductors called the police. Eyewitnesses reported that the Haredi men continued his disruptive behavior even after a police officer arrived at the scene.

All those involved were taken to questioning, with the ultra-Orthodox man the only one to be arrested following the incident.

"This isn’t the first time this has happened, I just asked for help this time," Matalon said, adding that she had experienced "worse incidents on this line," including one in which she was shoved off the bus when her stop arrived."

"I'm slowly calming down, but I'm not over it yet," the IDF soldier said.

Police sources indicated that the suspected was to be held until Thursday, at which point he will face a court remand hearing.
Want to send Debbie ;) & Judy ;) to the back of the bus. Don't think so.... Glad he was arrested: maybe some Jael* :wink: time will open his mind :twisted:

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yael
AzariLoveIran

Re: Penguin Pesters a Patriot Lady.

Post by AzariLoveIran »

monster_gardener wrote:Penguin Pesters a Patriot Lady.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israeli-female-soldier-accosted-for-rebuffing-haredi-bus-segregation-1.404158

Jerusalem resident Doron Matalon says ultra-Orthodox man, 45, chided her for not moving to back of bus, calling her 'gentile' and 'prostitute.'
By Oz Rosenberg

A day after a massive rally in central Israel protested gender segregation and discrimination in Israel, a female Israel Defense Forces soldier reported being accosted by a Haredi man on Wednesday over her refusal to move to the back of a segregated bus in Jerusalem.

According to the soldier, Doron Matalon, a 45-year-old man asked her to move to the back of the bus, threatening her, and calling her "prostitute."

"I didn't want to move back, both on principle and because there wasn't any room. It's always stuffy and disgusting in the back," Matalon said, adding that "everything was fine, I was almost at my stop, and then the conductors came on."

At that point, the IDF soldier said, the ultra-Orthodox man chastised a woman who had come over to the front of the bus to have her ticket checked, saying: "You don't have to come up front to check your ticket, a woman shouldn't move to this side of the bus."

"And then he turned to me," Matalon said, and said 'you too soldier, move back, and then he called me a prostitute." According to the IDF soldier, the man was soon joined by other religious men in the bus, who proceeded to yell out "prostitute," and "Shikse "(gentile woman).

Matalon said that at that point she "felt threatened and a huge commotion began. I yelled out for the conductor to come quick, and two male conductors rushed in. They pushed him away from me and said: 'Why are you shouting, she's a soldier,' but he continued to be abusive."

The bus was ordered to stop in the city's Levi Eshkol Blvd, where the conductors called the police. Eyewitnesses reported that the Haredi men continued his disruptive behavior even after a police officer arrived at the scene.

All those involved were taken to questioning, with the ultra-Orthodox man the only one to be arrested following the incident.

"This isn’t the first time this has happened, I just asked for help this time," Matalon said, adding that she had experienced "worse incidents on this line," including one in which she was shoved off the bus when her stop arrived."

Police sources indicated that the suspected was to be held until Thursday, at which point he will face a court remand hearing.
Want to send Debbie ;) & Judy ;) to the back of the bus. Don't think so.... Glad he was arrested: maybe some Jael* :wink: time will open his mind :twisted:

:lol:

chief Rabbi of Israel, in Knesset, said, his dream is Islamic republic .. he said he envies Khomeini

monster_gardener

AzariLoveIran wrote:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/israeli-female-soldier-accosted-for-rebuffing-haredi-bus-segregation-1.404158

By Oz Rosenberg

chief Rabbi of Israel, in Knesset, said, his dream is Islamic republic .. he said he envies Khomeini

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Do you have a link for that. Sounds interesting.........

BTW Half a hat tip :wink: for this story: found it following another link of yours...........
Last edited by monster_gardener on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster_gardener

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/is ... n-1.404158

By Oz Rosenberg

Thank you Very Much for your post, Monster_Gardener :wink:

IMVHO the what probably saved this lady from the Penquins is that she was a soldier. Here in the States and apparently in Israel dissing a soldier without GOOD cause is a No No not a Mizvot :wink:

Often it seems that War/Death is the real equalizer. Note that Deborah, Jael and Judith all had it....a death/war/army connection...... Remembering how IMVHO the U.S. Military has been a force for especially racial equality especially once integration was ordered.........even before though..not smart to diss a vet who has a gun and knows how to use it....... to keep the Wolves/Werewolves of Wall Street at bay the people/sheeple need to be highly armed and willing to pull .............. Remembering the Russian tale of the peasant who choose Death as a G_dfather over both G_d (sets up rulers and inequality) and the Devil (leads people into evil) because Death makes all equal........ There is a Spanish version of this..........Ironic because the IDF soldier is named "Matalon" which in Spanish has a death element...............
AzariLoveIran

Re: Israel Thread

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Israeli democracy has finished its role, and it must disassemble and give way to Judaism

Israeli democracy must be dismantled and in its place a halakhic state, based on Jewish law, should be established ..

monster_gardener

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

Israeli democracy has finished its role, and it must disassemble and give way to Judaism

Israeli democracy must be dismantled and in its place a halakhic state, based on Jewish law, should be established ..

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari but.................

while laughing at nuts like this is appropriate...........

:shock: :evil: is more to the point as is hopefully this comment..........
Yes, Joe, there are indeed more similarities between the two truly monotheistic faiths and the one where the various divinities in the Trinity are relatives of each other. But the difference, since you ask, is that in most of the Muslim world Salafists and the like are the majority, while most Israelis consider this rabbi a nut.

* Nemesis
* 12:50

And unfortunately we/US have our own nuts to guard against from the blatantly annoying but probably harmless Westboro Baptist Church to IMVHO more sinister types like the late Roshdoony and his acolyte Gary North..............
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

monster_gardener ,

with all due respect

am bit confused

If inhabitants of Israel don't follow and do not believe in halakhic Judaism

if so ,

what is the justification & essence of a Jewish State ?

in that case what does it mean Jewish (state)

Islamic republic is ISLAMIC .. is not secular but an ISLAMIC, " Iranian Shia 12 Emami, Shia Jafari " with all rules and regulation, including stoning for adultery and 4 wife and unlimited concubine :D

but

why have a Jewish state when it not Jewish

one can not argue Moses gave this land to us (Russian and Khazari) and at the same time saying we do not believe in Moses :lol:

look , MG

told you many times

those Zionist neither believe in Judaism nor practice Judaism .. Judaism just an excuse , they could be Buddhist and same story would prevail

and @ the same time argue somebody (Moses) promised them Palestine (Roman name)

meaning

for Israel to have a case to defend, Israeli (non existent, in reality apartheid) democracy must be dismantled and in its place a halakhic state, based on Jewish law, should be established

IMO, the rabbi has a case .. that was all hoax

monster_gardener

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

monster_gardener ,

with all due respect

am bit confused

If inhabitants of Israel don't follow and do not believe in halakhic Judaism

if so ,

what is the justification & essence of a Jewish State ?

in that case what does it mean Jewish (state)

Islamic republic is ISLAMIC .. is not secular but an ISLAMIC, " Iranian Shia 12 Emami, Shia Jafari " with all rules and regulation, including stoning for adultery and 4 wife and unlimited concubine :D

but

one can not argue Moses gave this land to us (Russian and Khazari) and at the same time saying we do not believe in Moses :lol:

look , MG

told you many times

those Zionist neither believe in Judaism nor practice Judaism .. Judaism just an excuse , they could be Buddhist and same story would prevail

and @ the same time argue somebody (Moses) promised them Palestine (Roman name)

meaning

for Israel to have a case to defend, Israeli (non existent, in reality apartheid) democracy must be dismantled and in its place a halakhic state, based on Jewish law, should be established

IMO, the rabbi has a case .. that was all hoax

Consider the history...................

IMVVHO the most important criterion for who is a Jew is who the enemies of Jews consider to be Jews.........

and thus............

Probably the most important aspect of a "Jewish State" is that "Jews" are not dependent on the sufferance of hostile non-Jews as they historically have been in Europe and Middle East/Muslim world.............

And once achieved, ideally keep it that way for "Jews" of all sorts...........
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

monster_gardener wrote:.

IMVVHO the most important criterion for who is a Jew is who the enemies of Jews consider to be Jews ....

Yes, True

that is why said Zionist and not Jew .. Hebrew tribe people believing in Judaism good people

Bad people are the Zionist

Like mingling Chingiz Khan with Buddhism

Hans Bulvai

Post by Hans Bulvai »

Where is the outrage...

http://www.imemc.org/article/62791
Orthodox leader murdered during Christmas celebration in Jaffa
Sunday January 08, 2012 10:04 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC & Agencies

Orthodox Palestinian Christians in Israel had a somber funeral instead of a planned celebration on Saturday, which marks the day Jesus was born according to the Orthodox calendar, after a leader in the Orthodox community was killed on Christmas Eve.

Gabi Kadis (image by RFI.fr)

Gabi Kadis, the leader of the Orthodox Association, a lay organization of Orthodox Christians in Jaffa, was stabbed in the back by a man dressed as Santa Claus after leaving the church from a Christmas Eve service Friday night, according to local sources.

Israeli police say they have arrested six suspects, but no one has yet been charged in the case, and the motive for the stabbing remains unknown.

Tensions between right-wing Jewish extremists in Israel and Palestinian Christians and Muslims have increased in recent weeks, after a series of attacks on mosques and churches by the right-wing Jewish groups. So far, there has been no connection made between Friday’s stabbing and these recent attacks.

Kadis left the Christmas Eve mass at St. George Church, shortly after attending a service at a local mosque condemning the Israeli government’s recent decision to remove the loudspeakers from the mosque following a complaint by a friend of the Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman’s family.

At the assembly at the mosque, Kadis told the crowd “Today it’s mosque loudspeakers, tomorrow it will be church bells” – a reference to the area’s long-standing culture of respect for the three major religions that consider the land to be holy: Christians, Muslims and Jews. In the last sixty years since the state of Israel was created, however, the indigenous Christian and Muslim communities have been increasingly marginalized and forcibly displaced from their traditional holy sites and land.

A funeral for Kadis was held in Jaffa on Saturday afternoon, in lieu of Orthodox Christmas Day celebrations.
I don't buy supremacy
Media chief
You menace me
The people you say
'Cause all the crime
Wake up motherfucker
And smell the slime
monster_gardener

AzariLoveIran wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:.

IMVVHO the most important criterion for who is a Jew is who the enemies of Jews consider to be Jews ....

Yes, True

that is why said Zionist and not Jew .. Hebrew tribe people believing in Judaism good people

Bad people are the Zionist

Like mingling Chingiz Khan with Buddhism

that is why said Zionist and not Jew ..
Fair enough............ but see below......
Hebrew tribe people believing in Judaism good people
Sometimes............... Often even........ But not always.....

One of my big problems with Christian Reconstructionists/Dominionists like Rushdoony & Gary North is that they want to enforce the laws of the Tanakh full force in modern times: IOW something similar to Salafi Sharia with booze*: death penalty for disobedient kids but not drunkards ...........

Don't want to see that in Israel with our friend HAL9000 getting punished for having a ham sandwich: that's between him and G_d.

Once you have the prize, your problems change..............

Sometimes the keeping of freedom is even harder than the gaining thereof..........

Not just the external enemy who it is easy to oppose but also the internal opponent who is your fellow citizen maybe your relative.........

Just because you're Orthodox doesn't mean you have to be an icy Penguin :wink:

Zionism IMO is not in itself evil just as nationalism/patriotism IMVHO is not in itself evil....... though it can become so..........

Given the history of antisemitism in the ME and ESPECIALLY in Europe which had such hatred for any tinge of Jewish ancestry in people who were trying to be good citizens, Christians or otherwise, not even practicing Judaism, it was/is rational for Jews and those considered to be Jews to seek their own homeland.

IMHO the Jews have a right to have their/our state in Eretz Israel*/Palestine having gotten that right from the British Overlords of Palestine* & the UN and by right of war when the Arab States attacked but...............

IMVVHO it did not have to be in Eretz Israel/Palestine though religious tradition won out........

Herzl considered Argentina and promoted Uganda (again from the British Overlords) ..........

My personal preference might have been for the Australian/Tasmanian plans but that didn't happen..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_f ... sibilities

Given that the world may soon see "Masada Meets Madhi" ;) :twisted: :(

If I were living in Israel, I believe I would be willing to consider relocating.............. as you often say, for a price :wink:

Hopefully a high :wink: frontier price ......................

Orion Will Rise..................

G_d willing.........

Just a question of where and how...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Or ... pulsion%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Is ... ical_roots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Etymology
Last edited by monster_gardener on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster_gardener

Santa Claus Breaking Point

Hans Bulvai wrote:Where is the outrage...

http://www.imemc.org/article/62791
Orthodox leader murdered during Christmas celebration in Jaffa
Sunday January 08, 2012 10:04 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC & Agencies

Orthodox Palestinian Christians in Israel had a somber funeral instead of a planned celebration on Saturday, which marks the day Jesus was born according to the Orthodox calendar, after a leader in the Orthodox community was killed on Christmas Eve.

Gabi Kadis (image by RFI.fr)

Gabi Kadis, the leader of the Orthodox Association, a lay organization of Orthodox Christians in Jaffa, was stabbed in the back by a man dressed as Santa Claus after leaving the church from a Christmas Eve service Friday night, according to local sources.

Israeli police say they have arrested six suspects, but no one has yet been charged in the case, and the motive for the stabbing remains unknown.

Tensions between right-wing Jewish extremists in Israel and Palestinian Christians and Muslims have increased in recent weeks, after a series of attacks on mosques and churches by the right-wing Jewish groups. So far, there has been no connection made between Friday’s stabbing and these recent attacks.

Kadis left the Christmas Eve mass at St. George Church, shortly after attending a service at a local mosque condemning the Israeli government’s recent decision to remove the loudspeakers from the mosque following a complaint by a friend of the Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman’s family.

At the assembly at the mosque, Kadis told the crowd “Today it’s mosque loudspeakers, tomorrow it will be church bells” – a reference to the area’s long-standing culture of respect for the three major religions that consider the land to be holy: Christians, Muslims and Jews. In the last sixty years since the state of Israel was created, however, the indigenous Christian and Muslim communities have been increasingly marginalized and forcibly displaced from their traditional holy sites and land.

A funeral for Kadis was held in Jaffa on Saturday afternoon, in lieu of Orthodox Christmas Day celebrations.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Hans.....

Very sad about this cowardly murder...........

Santa Claus...........

My apologies................

My apologies again because this reminds me of "Point Break"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Break

but is not funny...................

Now remembering that slasher movie with a maniac in a Santa Suit..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Night,_Deadly_Night

Life imitating art and the world is the worse........
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Zionist White House address with Lew

Jewish community has White House address with Lew

By RON KAMPEAS/JTA

01/11/2012 12:37

Lew was chosen for his long years in government, skill as a multitasker, but Jews happy to have go-to man back in the White House.

US President Barack Obama Monday announced that Jack Lew, his director of the Office of Budget and Management - a Cabinet-level position - would replace William Daley as White House chief of staff.

Lew, 56, was chosen for his long years in government and his reputation as a skilled multitasker - he was top- budget cruncher for Bill Clinton before reprising the job for Obama - but Jewish officials were offering a sigh of relief for a subsidiary reason: Their who-we-gonna-call pleas were answered.

Since Dennis Ross, Obama’s top Iran adviser, announced his departure late last year, community officials wondered who was left to call in a White House that has hemorrhaged top Jews over the last year or so. Lew, an Orthodox Jew, is close to the community and is a go-to person for Jewish events in the capital.

“The reports that there's no one to talk to have always been exaggerated,” said Malcolm Hoenlein, the executive vice president of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations.

Hoenlein pointed to Peter Rouse, a counselor to Obama who has served as acting chief of staff, as someone who has always been accessible.

Still, Hoenlein added, “Jack being there will be beneficial, it will foster communication.”

Obama launched his administration with a strong contingent of Jewish advisers: In addition to Ross, David Axelrod was his top political adviser, Rahm Emanuel was his chief of staff and Daniel Shapiro handled the Levant desk at the National Security Council.

Emanuel quit in late 2010 to run for Chicago mayor, Axelrod left soon after to help run Obama’s re-election campaign and Shapiro is now in Tel Aviv as ambassador.

That left a perceived gap in the White House -- one that Lew would fill, although Jewish officials stressed that they did not expect the attention from a chief of staff that they received from mid-level staffers.

“That's not the role he's going to play,” said Abraham Foxman, the national director of the Anti-Defamation League, referring to the regular conference calls that Ross and Shapiro had with Jewish community leaders. “He will be an adviser to the president on all things and a gatekeeper, but to the extent the president will turn to him for his view, he has an understanding of the community and of its views.”

The Obama administration clearly wanted to push across the Jewish message; Shapiro Tweeted the news in Hebrew to his followers. Israeli ambassadors don't usually make a big deal of the appointment of a White House chief of staff.

Obama stressed Lew’s management savvy in announcing the appointment on Monday.

“Jack’s economic advice has been invaluable and he has my complete trust, both because of his mastery of the numbers, but because of the values behind those numbers,” he said.

Lew has become something of a go-to Obama administration speaker and guest for the organized Jewish community, particularly among Orthodox Jews. Most recently, he lit the “national menorah,” the giant hanukkia that graces the National Mall and is organized by American Friends of Lubavitch.

“As an American Jew, I can't think of anyone who has a deeper commitment to the United States as well as his own Jewish identity at the same time,” said Rabbi Levi Shemtov, who heads the Chabad group and noted that Lew occasionally stops by for Shabbat services. “His appointment obviously gives the White House an envoy to the Jewish community who is eloquent, respected, even beloved across the Jewish spectrum. That’s probably an added bonus rather than the core qualification.”

Lew interests Jewish audiences, in part, because of how he balances the 24/7 demands of being a top government official with the 24/6 Sabbath-observant lifestyle.

One incident involves a Shabbat call he received from President Clinton. He came home from synagogue and the phone rang. As was his practice, he waited until the answering machine clicked on to see if it was urgent enough to pick up. As it happened, it was a White House staffer telling him to ignore the earlier message from Clinton, who had been phoning from overseas and had forgotten that in Washington it was still Shabbat. The matter was not urgent enough to interrupt Lew's observance, Clinton told the staffer to tell Lew.

Going out of his way to keep Lew from breaking the Sabbath was a sign of the respect the president has for his observance, Lew tells people.

Another favorite line during his 1990s stint, when he lived in Washington - his family is now based in New York - was an exchange with clergy at Beth Sholom, a synagogue in Potomac, Md. Nathan Diament, who directs the Orthodox Union’s Washington office, recalled that a rabbi would suggest jokingly that Lew might want to run for synagogue treasurer. Lew would rejoin that directing the OMB was complex enough, thank you very much.

It’s a shtick that suggests a corny, old-fashioned sense of humor, but friends say it’s also one that is emblematic of his humility and cordiality.

“Everyone would recognize that Jack's management style and personality is noticeably different from that of the previous Jewish White House chief of staff,” Diament said, a reference to Emanuel’s abrasiveness.

An open question is how much harder it will be for Lew to balance family and Shabbat observance in his new role. He stays close to his daughter, Shoshana, who works at the Obama administration's Interior Department, but his wife and married son remain in Riverdale, N.Y., where they are active in the Hebrew Institute of Riverdale, in the Bronx borough of the city.

His previous stints - in addition to the OMB post, he was also a deputy secretary of state under Obama - involved managing a 9-5, Monday-to-Friday bureaucracy. Aides say there were occasions that necessitated work on Shabbat - for instance, during negotiations with Congress last year aimed at averting a government shutdown.

Running the White House. however, means dealing with crises that have a bad habit of happening on weekends.

“It's a reflection of this administration's comfort with him and his being Jewish,” Foxman said. “This is a job that is 24/7 - but if there's respect, it works.”

Well

Poor Joe, fucked to the balls

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

The interesting thing about Israeli fanatics, terrorists, and settlers is that they contribute almost nothing to Israel economically, and socially they are a massive drain on the nation. Mainstream Israeli society - so often heralded as a great success story in terms of economics and political culture - should work harder to curb these destructive segments of their population. Golda Mier's line about them being the soul of the nation couldn't be more wrong.

Compare with, say, Afghanistan where there is no robust civil society to challenge the likes of the Taliban, and therefore it is not surprising that they are able to run wild.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Indeed.

JTA | Growing gender segregation among Israeli haredim seen as repressing women
JTA SPECIAL REPORT: HAREDI IN ISRAEL

JERUSALEM (JTA) – On the No. 3 bus line in Jerusalem, women passengers pay their fare and walk directly to the back to find a seat.

Men, most of them haredi Orthodox with long sidecurls that brush the shoulders of their black wool suits, sit in the front section. Behind them, following a space of about two feet separated by the rear doors of the bus, sit the women and girls.

The Arab driver tersely explains protocol as he begins his route through a string of largely religious neighborhoods toward the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City.

“This is a ‘mehadrin’ bus,” he says, using the term for strictly kosher. “Women sit in the back.”

Even though an Israeli Supreme Court ruling has banned enforced separate seating, this is one of 63 private or public gender-segregated bus lines in Israel, according to Hiddush, an Israeli organization that advocates for religious freedom and equality.

“I wish all lines were like this,” said one haredi woman aboard the bus who appeared to be in her 60s. “This is about modesty and ideally how things should work in the Land of Israel. Chaos follows when men and women sit near one another.”

She added, “Baruch Hashem, maybe this is what will hasten the coming of the messiah."

The bus lines are one of the more visible examples of the growing segregation of men and women in the haredi Orthodox world, part of the larger, long-running battle in haredi society to keep outside influences at bay.

In Jerusalem, women have been excluded from billboard advertising so as not to offend haredi sensibilities, and a major haredi neighborhood enforced gender-segregated sidewalks over the Sukkot holiday.

Last Friday, hundreds of demonstrators, including Israeli opposition leader Tzipi Livni, protested the exclusion of women from public areas.
Rabbis and mad mullahs, mad mullahs and rabbis. Birds of a feather, flock together.

Why are ME religions so misogynistic?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Culture.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
monster_gardener

Typhoon wrote:Indeed.

JTA | Growing gender segregation among Israeli haredim seen as repressing women
JTA SPECIAL REPORT: HAREDI IN ISRAEL

JERUSALEM (JTA) – On the No. 3 bus line in Jerusalem, women passengers pay their fare and walk directly to the back to find a seat.

Men, most of them haredi Orthodox with long sidecurls that brush the shoulders of their black wool suits, sit in the front section. Behind them, following a space of about two feet separated by the rear doors of the bus, sit the women and girls.

The Arab driver tersely explains protocol as he begins his route through a string of largely religious neighborhoods toward the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City.

“This is a ‘mehadrin’ bus,” he says, using the term for strictly kosher. “Women sit in the back.”

Even though an Israeli Supreme Court ruling has banned enforced separate seating, this is one of 63 private or public gender-segregated bus lines in Israel, according to Hiddush, an Israeli organization that advocates for religious freedom and equality.

“I wish all lines were like this,” said one haredi woman aboard the bus who appeared to be in her 60s. “This is about modesty and ideally how things should work in the Land of Israel. Chaos follows when men and women sit near one another.”

She added, “Baruch Hashem, maybe this is what will hasten the coming of the messiah."

The bus lines are one of the more visible examples of the growing segregation of men and women in the haredi Orthodox world, part of the larger, long-running battle in haredi society to keep outside influences at bay.

In Jerusalem, women have been excluded from billboard advertising so as not to offend haredi sensibilities, and a major haredi neighborhood enforced gender-segregated sidewalks over the Sukkot holiday.

Last Friday, hundreds of demonstrators, including Israeli opposition leader Tzipi Livni, protested the exclusion of women from public areas.
Rabbis and mad mullahs, mad mullahs and rabbis. Birds of a feather, flock together.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Col. Typhoon.
IMHO close but not quite: there are female rabbis in Reform, Conservative and Reconstructionist Judaism and even a very few in Orthodox Judaism.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... rabbi.html

http://judaism.about.com/library/3_askr ... rabbis.htm

If you want to go WAY BAC :wink: Deborah is credited with the perhaps the oldest part of the TANAKH: that song about Sisera's failed Jail :wink: Break oops I mean Jael broke him :twisted:

And Huldah is credited with being a teacher of the Law and rabbi = teacher of the Law ................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huldah#Hul ... literature

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah#Th ... of_Deborah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WABAC_machine

My guess is that it has a lot to do with the fact that much of the competition for YHVH and whoever Allah is, came from female goddesses: Queen of Heaven, Astarte etc.......... The prophets in the OT/Tanakh complain about it constantly................

And 3 goddesses got Mohamed in AL-Lat :wink: of trouble :lol: :twisted: :lol: *.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Ve ... _narrative

You might be able to finesse a male god as being the same as yours with just a different name............. Not as easy to do that with a goddess............

*Salmon Rushdie too..................
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Culture.
Most cultures around the world have a long term trend of greater roles in public life for women.

Why is the ME notably different in trying to turn the clock back?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Bloomberg | Netanyahu Plans New Homes Near Illegal Outpost
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu proposed building homes for Jewish settlers on state- owned land in the West Bank to replace houses in the adjacent outpost of Migron, which a court has declared illegal.

Netanyahu discussed the proposal today at a Cabinet meeting in Jerusalem following an Israeli court order that the current homes must be demolished by March 31, his office said in a text message.
Netanyahu’s government said 10 months ago that all outposts like Migron that were built illegally on private Palestinian land would be removed by the end of 2011. Army efforts to evacuate the outposts have led to violent conflicts with settlers. Migron is home to about 50 families and is not among the approximately 100 settlements in the West Bank that have been authorized by the Israeli government.

The Palestinian Authority, the United Nations and the U.S. consider all Israeli settlements in the West Bank illegal. Israeli-Palestinian broke down in September 2010 after Netanyahu refused to renew a 10-month freeze on settlement-building and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas ruled out negotiations while West Bank construction continues.

“The settlements are illegal but Netanyahu is using this to try to legalize them at a time when he is being criticized by the whole world,” chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat said in a telephone interview.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Culture.
Most cultures around the world have a long term trend of greater roles in public life for women.

My best guess is poverty and powerlessness lead to a cultural amnesiac nostalgia.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Culture.

My best guess is poverty and powerlessness lead to a cultural amnesiac nostalgia.
However, the Haredi in Israel are neither impoverished or powerless.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

And outside of Israel (ME) they are a non-entity. You don't find Darby type Christians outside of the US either. They are a cultural mutation.

Teresa of Ávila
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Culture.

Two points here:

1. You see the same trends in Hindu and Sikh society, just to use one example, so it isn't an M.E. only thing.

2. Both in the M.E. and in other cases you're talking about cultural traditionalists and everyone else. It's more of a problem in the M.E. simply because there are more traditionalists, but the difference in in ratios not something inherent in the place itself.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

“Sweden, previously a calm country where there was no anti-Semitic problem just a few years ago, is a center of anti-Semitism,”

Asked about new cross-European trends of modern anti-Semitism, Kantor said that research, which he initiated by Tel Aviv University’s watchdog on European anti-Semitism, shows numerous Iranian-funded NGO’s are “behind the publication and encouragement of anti-Semitism.”

Where is HAL9000 :D

These evil Iranians driving our beloved Rhubarb out of Sweden :lol:

Come on,

Europe is vehemently anti Jew .. this issue not dealt with after the war, just swept under carpet

Évian Conference reflect the true sentiment still fully in tact

Rhubarb, behave, without Iranians, you probably would be now Mohamedaner :lol: