Neocons embracing the Milo Doctrine

Mr. Perfect

Neocons embracing the Milo Doctrine

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Soon only Democrats will be the only neocons the way this is going.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tac ... -clear-22/

I have the hard copy in my hands, not available completely online.

R Lee Ermey, that's right the Gunny is now promoting the Milo Doctrine.

Q: What do you think of McCain criticizing Obama for not providing air support in Syria?

A: We might as well bail out of the damn region and let them fight their own damned wars. They hate our guts. Look at Afghanistan where we're still fighting. And Pakistan. We're giving all those countries billions in aid and now we're fighting their wars for them too.
Lesson, don't let a community organizer run really anything more than a PTA.
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Re: Neocons embracing the Milo Doctrine

Post by Enki »

If the Republican party turns against foreign interventionism and the drug war, I might just become a Republican.

Of course, Obama STILL has prosecuted the Neo-Con agenda with infinitely more skill than his predecessor, and infinitely more skill than his current opponent.

But yeah, if we had someone saying, "Lets get out of there and let them handle their business.", I would take Republican politics a whole hell of a lot more seriously.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

One hopes.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

in wonder what that means for israel.
ultracrepidarian
Milo

Post by Milo »

noddy wrote:in wonder what that means for israel.
Israel does not need foreign troops on the ground and never has.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Milo wrote:
noddy wrote:in wonder what that means for israel.
Israel does not need foreign troops on the ground and never has.
It just needs foreign-designed and built equipment, foreign economic aid, and foreign-backed sanctions against certain rivals. And they still lost their last tangle in Lebanon.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

If the US govt not only removes all military presence in whatever form but also stops all economic and military aid to all countries in the region included Israel, it would be interesting to speculate on how the power map would look like. Assuming that the free market is not disturbed by government interferences like economic sanctions applied to any of the players. Maybe grosso modo not much would change? A decrease in tensions and violence is not very likely though under any circumstance. But it probably saves the US taxpayer some money in the immediate future.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Milo

Post by Milo »

Parodite wrote:If the US govt not only removes all military presence in whatever form but also stops all economic and military aid to all countries in the region included Israel, it would be interesting to speculate on how the power map would look like. Assuming that the free market is not disturbed by government interferences like economic sanctions applied to any of the players. Maybe grosso modo not much would change? A decrease in tensions and violence is not very likely though under any circumstance. But it probably saves the US taxpayer some money in the immediate future.
Don't disagree in general. The core of MD is that western interests are NOT well served through maintainance of most of the ostensibly 'friendly' regimes in the ME and they should be allowed to fall. It's opponents can't even articulate why they oppose it!

In pont of fact, having western forces cloistered and uniformed in the ME, while paying huge rents for the privilege, is merely another form of dhimmitude, tarted up to look like a show of strength for the western rubes. If we weren't there, Islamic factions would do most of the job for us for free!

Israel serves western interests as far as I'm concerned, so we get pretty good value for the money, for now.

I expect that no regime in the ME except Israel will be capable of, or motivated to, attack(ing) anyone but themselves within a couple of years anyway: Israel problem solved!
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I agree it is better not to interfere in the Meddle East. Not because governments will then fall so obviously, don't see that, but because it serves no ones interest. It is like building holiday resorts in areas prone to frequent wild fires.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

It's almost like certain influential people make money from meddling in the region, or receive money to encourage further meddling.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Thanks for reading my thread and posts Ibs.

It's not that much money.
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

But MP, I thought you loved those brown people. I remember last year you weeping copious tears of sorrow and compassion at the prospect of them being torn apart to shreds by the racist Democratic military political complex. But now your saying you prefer total war vs those brown people rather than what we have now?

I thought you valued the lives of those brownies, MP.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No, either or ams, either or. Entanglement ala Clinton/Bush/Obama, it no working. Miyagi says, left side, right side ok, middle of the road squish like grape.