Discussion of topics and moderation

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Mr. Perfect

Discussion of topics and moderation

Post by Mr. Perfect »

My comments, as they always are, were directly on topic.
Enki wrote:
It adds another layer to my thesis of the Republican party going into permanent decline. If Real ID, 100% ID laws go into effect, Republican voter suppression techniques will no longer work. On a level playing field the GOP is screwed.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Re: Voter ID laws

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Enki wrote: If Real ID, 100% ID laws go into effect, Republican voter suppression techniques will no longer work. On a level playing field the GOP is screwed.
Can you see ymix? Tinker brought this up not me. I responded to his topic, I did not change the topic.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Yep, I see it. I also saw that you went right for the part that allowed you to attack the Democratic Party and Obama. If you want, I can attach those posts to any one of your threads on "GOP vs. Democratic Party". They probably fit in everywhere.

Do you have anything to say about what looks like a GOP attempt to disenfranchise part of the citizenry of the USA?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes, it's baseless horsecrap not worthy of response.

So why would say Tinker's posts concerning the GOP not warrant their own thread?
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

There are a lot of posters here who say the same things, no matter the topic, in thread after thread. Mr. P is being unfairly singled out here... presumably because you've clashed with him in a few threads recently, and that ain't cool. 8-)
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Yes, it's baseless horsecrap not worthy of response.
So, nothing to say about the main point of this thread. Why am I not surprised?
So why would say Tinker's posts concerning the GOP not warrant their own thread?
I'll make a new thread for that. But you're not hijacking this one. Deal?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
YMix

Post by YMix »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:There are a lot of posters here who say the same things, no matter the topic, in thread after thread. Mr. P is being unfairly singled out here... presumably because you've clashed with him in a few threads recently, and that ain't cool. 8-)
I admit to losing my patience when I saw yet another anti-Obama rant from Mr. Perfect. We have enough threads on that. And I didn't want the discussion of voter ID laws to be buried under two-three pages of the same old back and forth. That ain't cool either.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wouldn't it be easier to just let things go as they are? Tinker and I and a few others lock horns from time to time, I haven't really had a problem with anything, and frankly nobody at all complains about the moderation here except Ibs for obvious reasons.

We can continue this conversation elsewhere, but it seems to me very difficult when people slam the gop or their personnel here all the live long day to be picking those out all the time. Eg, I have no problem at all with what Tinker said, it just seems like I should be able to respond to it. I don't have a problem with people slamming the GOP across threads as long as I get to respond to it.

I'm not a bad guy ymix. ;)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:There are a lot of posters here who say the same things, no matter the topic, in thread after thread. Mr. P is being unfairly singled out here... presumably because you've clashed with him in a few threads recently, and that ain't cool. 8-)
I admit to losing my patience when I saw yet another anti-Obama rant from Mr. Perfect. We have enough threads on that. And I didn't want the discussion of voter ID laws to be buried under two-three pages of the same old back and forth. That ain't cool either.
No hard feelings but frankly my policy is if someone else brings it up it';s fair game. The whole premise of the thread is the racist GOP for crying in the night, I did not take this political in the slightest, TInker did. Why can't I get tired of yet another "racist GOP rant"?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I mean this is pretty telling, from the outset I see yet another racist GOP rant (completely baseless) which you do not see, yet you see from me an anti-Obama rant that apparently came from nowhere. It didn't come from nowhere.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:No hard feelings but frankly my policy is if someone else brings it up it';s fair game. The whole premise of the thread is the racist GOP for crying in the night, I did not take this political in the slightest, TInker did. Why can't I get tired of yet another "racist GOP rant"?
If the rant is off-topic, let me know or use the report button. We have countless "Democrats + Obama = bad" threads. There's only one thread on the voter ID laws.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I mean this is pretty telling, from the outset I see yet another racist GOP rant (completely baseless) which you do not see, yet you see from an anti-Obama rant that apparently came from nowhere.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1191
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

But if the rant was in the OP how would someone know it wasn't part of the topic?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Simply stating that Republicans use voter ID laws to disenfranchise part of the population is a rant?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Oh, and don't worry. I'll move all these posts to another forum as well and leave the thread clean.
Skin Job

Re: Discussion of topics and moderation

Post by Skin Job »

None of my business, but there is an appearance of impropriety here. Ideally, mods remain above the fray, and from my pov this is not the case here.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Skin Job wrote:None of my business, but there is an appearance of impropriety here. Ideally, mods remain above the fray, and from my pov this is not the case here.
Agree . . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I also very much like the idea of using the [report] button [more on it here].

So if there are post that posters find offensive, please assist the mods by flagging them using the [report] button for review.

I think that this is the best - most democratic - approach.

TIA.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The mods have now reviewed and discussed this incident for future reference.

I trust that all the posters can put it behind us and move on to our usual and new debates.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.