The Next Four Years

Demon of Undoing

Re: The Next Four Years

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Trying to change tax policy to stop what's coming is like putting ArmorAll on your dash and doors to avoid having to to a valve job and lower end balancing. Like I said, long time coming. Unless they can go back in time and change huge, deliberate decisions on currency, education, military strategy, commercial direction, etc, well. Get your shoeshine box.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:yep, quaint national sterotypes "stiff upper lip wot wot" are only applicable to homogenous places and while its crude to draw parrallels between various different cultures, the japanese equivilent would only be real if there were large suburbs full of north koreans,eastern seaboard chinese and various pacific island groups affected by ww2 living there and underemployed and barely assimilated and dependant on government services.

im sure the japanese xenophobes and worry merchants would have more to feed on then.
You may have a point there.
noddy wrote:you only have to look to the european countries which have recently changed to a multiculture even approaching american levels like england or france to see rioting and the rise of the extreme nationalist locals... many of the others are close behind.

dont get me wrong, im a multiculture product and not against it but i dont kid myself for a second that a lot of our communities give a sh*t about any other group that isnt their own mob.
And another point here.
noddy wrote: their are so many dissonant combinations of people who used to be at war or are currently at war and only put up with each other due to prosperity that allows indifference.

their are also so many different states and counties to deal with - i know in australia that some of these will do just fine and all the cultures do get along and in others of them its barely contained hatred and it will probably go quite pear shaped, america seems to be just like this but more so.

luckily the one im in currently is one of the easy going places with all sorts getting along fine, plenty of trash in it but the worst would be increased breakins and late night street violence which im too old to be part of - i wouldnt say the same for the underemployed outter burbs of nsw or vic, some of them go pop in good times and nothing would surprise me about what happens in bad times.
When they riot, do they trash their own neighbourhood or go elsewhere?
noddy wrote:having said all that crap - i dont get the sense of barely domesticated labourer types in japan either, it could well be my ignorance, because even without the multiculture the anglosphere and european west have always carried alot of ermm, underclass of drunken labourer types that get ugly when the economics does
Many day labourers work in the construction industry. So they were especially hard hit when the real estate - construction bubble burst in the early 1990's.

[Homless dwellings along the Sumida river, Tokyo]

[Zero Yen House]

I don't recall any large scale riots by them. There have been a series of protests in Kamagaski, Osaka.

Also it's worth mentioning that today ~ 1/3 of youth in Japan work as freeters - part timers - without the benefits and security of [Japanese] full time employment.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:It bears mentioning, America, with our Balkanized and resentful cultural landscape, errrr I mean vibrant and diverse cultural landscape, is far less prepared for 58% unemployment or high inflation than most European countries. There are whole swaths of territory here in Los Angeles I wouldn't drive through without my car-mounted flame throwers if the welfare checks stopped showing up one day.
One thing I noted is that when there are underclass riots in the US, they appear to destroy the infrastructure in their own neighbourhoods rather than, say,
trashing Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive. Is this accurate? If I were rioting, I think I would target another high-profile neighbourhood other than my own.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

Typhoon wrote:

[Homless dwellings along the Sumida river, Tokyo]

[Zero Yen House]

I don't recall any large scale riots by them. There have been a series of protests in Kamagaski, Osaka.

Also it's worth mentioning that today ~ 1/3 of youth in Japan work as freeters - part timers - without the benefits and security of [Japanese] full time employment.

Damn...even Japanese homeless dwellings are neat and orderly...I've seen shittier mobile home parks in Alabama than these tents!
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:One thing I noted is that when there are underclass riots in the US, they appear to destroy the infrastructure in their own neighbourhoods rather than, say, trashing Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive. Is this accurate? If I were rioting, I think I would target another high-profile neighbourhood other than my own.
We've discussed this before. It was during the UK riots, if I remember correctly. The answer is that rich neighborhoods are usually far from the poor ones. The chances of reaching the rich neighborhood with a large group of angry and armed people without being intercepted and routed and close to zero. The chances of defeating the police, trashing the rich neighborhood and making it back free and alive are... kind of low.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Juggernaut Nihilism wrote:It bears mentioning, America, with our Balkanized and resentful cultural landscape, errrr I mean vibrant and diverse cultural landscape, is far less prepared for 58% unemployment or high inflation than most European countries. There are whole swaths of territory here in Los Angeles I wouldn't drive through without my car-mounted flame throwers if the welfare checks stopped showing up one day.
:lol:
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote:aka, we are all japanese now.
If this is the case we need to ask the Japanese how they manage to do it without CONSTANT PANIC.
Isn't panic a reaction that one chooses? I agree the MSM sells panic, and that there are lots of buyers, but the decision to buy into or not is up to each of us.

Panic does seem to be exciting, and does build commarderie in the sense of "Life sucks! We're all screwed! But at least we all have each other!...." so I guess if those are one's mental states.....

Panic does seem to appeal to some personality types more than others.

How bout it Typhoon, does the japanese MSM sell panic less agressively the the western MSM? Or or the Japanese people more reluctant to buy into the MSM narrative than westerners?
Perhaps しょうがない shouganai - it can't be helped [so there's no point in worrying about it - just get with one's own responsibilities] best sums up the Japanese view.

Here's the front page of the English translation of the Nikkei Shimbum [equivalent to the WSJ and the FT]

so posters can judge for themselves.

The only panic item is from the CNBC news feed: Nov.9 05:30 Great Crash by 2015, Says Dent

On the other hand, there is much concern in the press about the massive ever growing debt and other problems.

My impression, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, that selling panic is most prevalent in the US compared to other western media.
Perhaps it's the popularity of apocalyptic beliefs, both religious and secular, in the culture that makes for a receptive audience?

No one in Japan is talking about installing machine gun nests in their home as a precautionary measure against imminent societal collapse.
[Ref. Gloom, Doom, or Boom? Finance and Economics thread]. Not that it would be legal to begin with.

However, I don't think anyone in Spain, which has very serious economic problems, such as official 25% unemployment, is doing so either.
Same for Greece, with 58% youth unemployment, and presumably Portugal.

You are exactly right, Col Sun. The American response to these problems is unique. Far from tending ones own garden, as the Japanese do, or even organized political protests and street clashes as we see in Europe, Americans seem to accept, or even prefer the alleged looming collapse and ensuing all-out violence. Its what all of these people are collecting guns for.

"But you have there the myth of the essential white America. All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the flourishing into lust, is a sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, and a killer." --D.H. Lawrence

I'm going to disagree with Lawrence here as say that this isn't what the modern American is, but it is how he mythologizes himself.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

3 Strikes:Gardening, Longing for the Looming Collapse, Guns.

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
noddy wrote:aka, we are all japanese now.
If this is the case we need to ask the Japanese how they manage to do it without CONSTANT PANIC.
Isn't panic a reaction that one chooses? I agree the MSM sells panic, and that there are lots of buyers, but the decision to buy into or not is up to each of us.

Panic does seem to be exciting, and does build commarderie in the sense of "Life sucks! We're all screwed! But at least we all have each other!...." so I guess if those are one's mental states.....

Panic does seem to appeal to some personality types more than others.

How bout it Typhoon, does the japanese MSM sell panic less agressively the the western MSM? Or or the Japanese people more reluctant to buy into the MSM narrative than westerners?
Perhaps しょうがない shouganai - it can't be helped [so there's no point in worrying about it - just get with one's own responsibilities] best sums up the Japanese view.

Here's the front page of the English translation of the Nikkei Shimbum [equivalent to the WSJ and the FT]

so posters can judge for themselves.

The only panic item is from the CNBC news feed: Nov.9 05:30 Great Crash by 2015, Says Dent

On the other hand, there is much concern in the press about the massive ever growing debt and other problems.

My impression, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, that selling panic is most prevalent in the US compared to other western media.
Perhaps it's the popularity of apocalyptic beliefs, both religious and secular, in the culture that makes for a receptive audience?

No one in Japan is talking about installing machine gun nests in their home as a precautionary measure against imminent societal collapse.
[Ref. Gloom, Doom, or Boom? Finance and Economics thread]. Not that it would be legal to begin with.

However, I don't think anyone in Spain, which has very serious economic problems, such as official 25% unemployment, is doing so either.
Same for Greece, with 58% youth unemployment, and presumably Portugal.

You are exactly right, Col Sun. The American response to these problems is unique. Far from tending ones own garden, as the Japanese do, or even organized political protests and street clashes as we see in Europe, Americans seem to accept, or even prefer the alleged looming collapse and ensuing all-out violence. Its what all of these people are collecting guns for.

"But you have there the myth of the essential white America. All the other stuff, the love, the democracy, the flourishing into lust, is a sort of by-play. The essential American soul is hard, isolate, and a killer." --D.H. Lawrence

I'm going to disagree with Lawrence here as say that this isn't what the modern American is, but it is how he mythologizes himself.
Thank You Very MUCH for your post, Ibrahim.
Far from tending ones own garden,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wrong again, Ibrahim. As usual of late........ Strike One!!!

And I am not only the Member of the Monster ;) oops I mean Master Gardeners...... let along those who just do on their own.......

Americans seem to accept, or even prefer the alleged looming collapse and ensuing all-out violence.
Doubly Wrong.......... Strike Two!!!!

How about lobbying to get the Sinful Depraved Chaotic Killer Ape Monkey Race off planet in numbers sufficient to assure its survival against enemies foreign (Space Rocks) and domestic (Jihadis etc.)

Its what all of these people are collecting guns for.
Strike Three! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

And this is Baseball not Bowling ;)

Many reasons for the guns........ Besides the possible Ferfal :wink: oops I mean Fearful Argentinian Style collapse..... Guns can also be handy if customers of the White Nigger* Drug Dealer Down the Street get confused about his address....... Happened to a friend of mine........

*As in Chris Rock's funny and sadly accurate video........ White Niggers at about 5:52.......

f3PJF0YE-x4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
Last edited by monster_gardener on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The Obama era has been one of extreme white privilege. Whites have done better than any other group, blacks specifically have done worse. Everybody seems to like it. Obama's policy is to have the government specifically enrich white people at the expense of everyone else. White people seem uncomfortable with this for the most part, many scratching their head why everyone wants minorities to do so poorly, and tbh I can't make sense of it myself. On one level I think there are plenty of reasons to go along with this part of it if that is what minorities are asking for, if people want to live in deprivation I've learned at a certain point there is nothing you can do for them. The only whites that seem to support this are the richest ones, 8 or th top 10 white counties went Obama, maybe they really like the wealth showered on them. It sort of makes me uncomfortable, but hey, democracy.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
Typhoon wrote:One thing I noted is that when there are underclass riots in the US, they appear to destroy the infrastructure in their own neighbourhoods rather than, say, trashing Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive. Is this accurate? If I were rioting, I think I would target another high-profile neighbourhood other than my own.
We've discussed this before. It was during the UK riots, if I remember correctly. The answer is that rich neighborhoods are usually far from the poor ones. The chances of reaching the rich neighborhood with a large group of angry and armed people without being intercepted and routed and close to zero. The chances of defeating the police, trashing the rich neighborhood and making it back free and alive are... kind of low.
Either that or rioters are just stupid.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Either that or rioters are just stupid.
Either that or you're just bitter.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bitter at what? If rioters want to destroy their own neighborhoods why would that make me bitter? I would be bitter if I lived in a riot neighborhood I suppose. There has never been a riot within hundreds of miles of here, ever though so...
YMix

Post by YMix »

I mean the general tone of your posts since election night.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yes I've been bitter since 2008, I'm not sure what's notable about this particular comment when there are 4 years worth to choose from.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And let's be clear, if America starts to come back as the Democrats are claiming (we got a mini-goose of 20,000 jobs last month based on 50 billion a month in pumping to rich white people, which is pathetic except in the universe of lies), it's actually the worst possible scenario, because that will force the Fed to raise interest rates, raised interest rates will lead higher borrowing costs for the Government, and as that raises interest on the debt will rise, deficit will rise, gov't debt gets riskier, interest rates will rise, deficit will get bigger, gov't lending gets riskier, etc.

Have a big data pile on this will start posting some day.

Thanks Democrats. Thanks America for voting for more Democrats. Thanks.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

A lot of factors, maybe most prominently the media, have made it very unlikely that any rioters, in the heat of the moment would think of trashing the affluent neighborhoods.

It's sorta like the idea that you only fight with those you love: your only going to harm the boundaries of your world; and those "rich" folk may be apart of the "other" oppressing you and doing the stuff that makes you angry enough to riot but, they don't really exist in your world; you have no community with them....

...you need some middle-class people to start a riot, they'd be scary because they may target the rich, they know where they live and how to get there.
Juggernaut Nihilism

Post by Juggernaut Nihilism »

Typhoon wrote:
One thing I noted is that when there are underclass riots in the US, they appear to destroy the infrastructure in their own neighbourhoods rather than, say,
trashing Beverley Hills and Rodeo Drive. Is this accurate? If I were rioting, I think I would target another high-profile neighbourhood other than my own.
That assumes a certain level of political motivation or directed anger. It's nothing like that, though. Underclass riots in the US are mostly just a result of opportunity. A confrontation occurs somewhere and things get out of hand, you cross that critical threshold where a group of people realize that they outnumber the police, and people just hit up their local electronics store before the cops inevitably get things under control. It is base and animalistic, and it would be a mistake to treat the phenomenon as anything other than simple mob violence.

And, as Mr. Perfect alluded to, the average IQ of inner city African Americans is 75-80, depending on the city. We are talking about profoundly stupid people, for the most part.
"The fundamental rule of political analysis from the point of psychology is, follow the sacredness, and around it is a ring of motivated ignorance."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:A lot of factors, maybe most prominently the media, have made it very unlikely that any rioters, in the heat of the moment would think of trashing the affluent neighborhoods.

It's sorta like the idea that you only fight with those you love: your only going to harm the boundaries of your world; and those "rich" folk may be apart of the "other" oppressing you and doing the stuff that makes you angry enough to riot but, they don't really exist in your world; you have no community with them....

...you need some middle-class people to start a riot, they'd be scary because they may target the rich, they know where they live and how to get there.
I don't think anyone thinks 10% as deep as this, remember rioters are mostly young people who may not even know who the President of their country is or can find their country on a map. They were at a kegger or the local equivalent the previous weekend.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:A lot of factors, maybe most prominently the media, have made it very unlikely that any rioters, in the heat of the moment would think of trashing the affluent neighborhoods.

The important difference is between a spontaneous riot, which is usually self-destructive anyway (LA riots, Paris riots) and political violence like we've just seen in Cairo, Greece, Madrid, elsewhere in Europe and the ME, and which OWS flirted with for a while. The latter is somewhat organized and has a chance of targeting certain areas or landmarks. Your remark about the middle class vs those dumb working class and poor people misses the key distinction.

The turning point is, and has always been, when the police or military refuse to kill the poor on behalf of the rich, and stop opposing the protesters.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Watching a lot of folks who never owned a firearm post that they are now buying handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Folks who have never had a need for one now for some reason are compelled to go out and buy a weapon. That's sort of got me curious about things right now. They aren't doing it because they need the damn things they just keep talking about no longer feeling safe. When I ask them why they are no longer safe they can't be specific about any one thing they just don't feel like they are safe now. When all of the nut cases were out preparing for the end of the world and a US depression it sort of made sense because at least they had a reason albeit highly unlikely that they would need a firearm to fight off what ever it was they feared coming their way. Now they don't know what is coming their way and cant even really offer a reason for their fear and dread they just feel it.
Been busy doing stuff
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:

The important difference is between a spontaneous riot, which is usually self-destructive anyway (LA riots, Paris riots) and political violence like we've just seen in Cairo, Greece, Madrid, elsewhere in Europe and the ME, and which OWS flirted with for a while. The latter is somewhat organized and has a chance of targeting certain areas or landmarks. Your remark about the middle class vs those dumb working class and poor people misses the key distinction.

The turning point is, and has always been, when the police or military refuse to kill the poor on behalf of the rich, and stop opposing the protesters.
These days the poor are killing themselves without the rich even being made aware of their existence, so we've entered a new phase.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Watching a lot of folks who never owned a firearm post that they are now buying handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Folks who have never had a need for one now for some reason are compelled to go out and buy a weapon. That's sort of got me curious about things right now. They aren't doing it because they need the damn things they just keep talking about no longer feeling safe. When I ask them why they are no longer safe they can't be specific about any one thing they just don't feel like they are safe now. When all of the nut cases were out preparing for the end of the world and a US depression it sort of made sense because at least they had a reason albeit highly unlikely that they would need a firearm to fight off what ever it was they feared coming their way. Now they don't know what is coming their way and cant even really offer a reason for their fear and dread they just feel it.
That is a perfectly healthy thing to do. It takes time to process your conscious thought, that's why we have a subconscious, so you don't have to wait to figure things out. There are lots of reasons to arm oneself right now, just no one dares explain why.

Had a long conversation with a local SWAT member last week. Lots of reasons to be well armed.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Watching a lot of folks who never owned a firearm post that they are now buying handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Folks who have never had a need for one now for some reason are compelled to go out and buy a weapon.
Its called narcissism and sour grapes. People didn't get their way so (like me and ol' D.H. were just saying) they want to imagine they're going to need to shoot somebody over it.

Guns are talismans for Americans. You can buy guns in almost every country in the world, certainly in plenty of socialist hellholes like Norway or Canada, but for an American a gun is something magical, something that makes you safe or free just by its existence and your possession of it.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Ibrahim wrote: Your remark about the middle class vs those dumb working class and poor people misses the key distinction.
I didn't call them dumb, why do you?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Watching a lot of folks who never owned a firearm post that they are now buying handguns, rifles, and shotguns. Folks who have never had a need for one now for some reason are compelled to go out and buy a weapon.
Its called narcissism and sour grapes. People didn't get their way so (like me and ol' D.H. were just saying) they want to imagine they're going to need to shoot somebody over it.

Guns are talismans for Americans. You can buy guns in almost every country in the world, certainly in plenty of socialist hellholes like Norway or Canada, but for an American a gun is something magical, something that makes you safe or free just by its existence and your possession of it.
You say that like it's bad.