Assesing the American election, some preliminary observation

Nonc Hilaire

Re: Assesing the American election, some preliminary observa

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Jnalum Persicum wrote:.

Cuban-Americans stun Republicans - Traditionally right-leaning group goes for Democrats

More Cuban-Americans, once a reliable conservative bulwark in Florida, voted for Barack Obama in Tuesday’s election than Mitt Romney, underscoring the breadth of the demographic wave that engulfed the Republican party.

[..]

Exit polls in Florida by Fox News and the Pew Research Centre both recorded Mr Obama beating Mr Romney with Cuban-Americans by 49 per cent to 47 per cent.

[..]

“This marks a dramatic realignment of politics in that state,” said Jim Messina, the Obama campaign manager.

It is a change in the population. The moneyed, professional and sophisticated Batista era Cuban-Americans are dying off. They had a fierce hatred of Castro and sense of loss and displacement.

Your average Cuban-American today is much more Americanized and aggregated into the general Latino culture.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Jnalum Persicum

Post by Jnalum Persicum »

292866_10151130321546275_285426240_n.jpeg
292866_10151130321546275_285426240_n.jpeg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 928 times
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

Dear Marcus,

I made some observations about the election, and you objected to the tone and wording, although I do not recall you ever being so squeamish about conservative rhetoric over the years. In particular, Mr. Perfect's gloating about the Tea Party victories in 2010 did not seem to offend you. At that time I said that conservatives might lose Catholic voters, a segment of the electorate they must have to win elections, to much derision on the Spengler board. I think last Tuesday's results might have proved me right.

If you can refute any of the points I made, please do.

Angry White Men have been poisoning our public discourse for at least two decades with their self pity and resentment; has it not occurred to anyone that some of THE REST of us might have gotten fed up with being asked yet again to sympathise with the oafs and jocks who have on a personal level been doing their level best to make our lives miserable for years.

The Republican Primary ws a disgraceful exhibition and I make no apology for so saying in those words. The standard bearer, Mr. Romeny is not a fit man for high office. No amount of happy talk by the MSM was able to overcome the foul stench of Mr. Romney's personal and business bahavior.

There is no possibility of whitewashing Republican remarks on the subject of sexual assault. News flash, guys, It is A CRIME. Period. Just like any other assault on someone else's person is a crime. Did some insane person or group seriously think they might be able to decriminalize rape? :twisted:
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

I never thought that I wouldrecommend an article on Fox news, putting the recent GOP loss into perspective.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Yes. Insane people/groups KNOW they can decriminalize Rape..

Post by monster_gardener »

Nastarana wrote:Dear Marcus,

I made some observations about the election, and you objected to the tone and wording, although I do not recall you ever being so squeamish about conservative rhetoric over the years. In particular, Mr. Perfect's gloating about the Tea Party victories in 2010 did not seem to offend you. At that time I said that conservatives might lose Catholic voters, a segment of the electorate they must have to win elections, to much derision on the Spengler board. I think last Tuesday's results might have proved me right.

Angry White Men have been poisoning our public discourse for at least two decades with their self pity and resentment; has it not occurred to anyone that some of THE REST of us might have gotten fed up with being asked yet again to sympathise with the oafs and jocks who have on a personal level been doing their level best to make our lives miserable for years.

The Republican Primary ws a disgraceful exhibition and I make no apology for so saying in those words. The standard bearer, Mr. Romeny is not a fit man for high office. No amount of happy talk by the MSM was able to overcome the foul stench of Mr. Romney's personal and business bahavior.

There is no possibility of whitewashing Republican remarks on the subject of sexual assault. News flash, guys, It is A CRIME. Period. Just like any other assault on someone else's person is a crime. Did some insane person or group seriously think they might be able to decriminalize rape? :twisted:
Thank you Very Much for your post, Nastarana.
Did some insane person or group seriously think they might be able to decriminalize rape? :twisted:
Yes and not just think it.....

Insane people & groups KNOW they can decriminalize Rape.........

One example...........

Iran: Lowering the age for marriage to 9 years old because that was when Mohammed got it on with Aisha.........

And thus statutory rape to be with someone less than 9 years old....
These alarming figures were accompanied by an official statement from the Iranian parliament's legal affairs committee that the Islamic Republic will push to lower the legal marriage for girls to 9 (before they even reach puberty) from the current 13.

The legal affairs committee of parliament told the press that they regard the law that prohibits girls below the age of 10 from being married off to be "un-Islamic and illegal," referencing Islamic scripture to which describes the Prophet Muhammad -- the perfect example of all Muslims -- marrying a six-year-old bride, with whom he consummated the marriage when she was only nine years old.

Mohammad Ali Isfenani, the chairman for the legal affairs committee, said matter-of-factly: "As some people may not comply with our current Islamic legal system, we must regard 9 as being the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty and qualified to get married. To do otherwise would be to contradict and challenge Islamic Sharia law."
http://www.ibtimes.com/child-bride-prac ... e-9-760263

Then there is the 4 male witnesses being needed to prove rape rule.........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nastarans it pains me to do this, but you have quite a non-factual narrative going on here. Obama was the candidate of the rich, 8 out o10 of the richest counties went Obama, most of the rich are still rich because of Obama supported STPN, TARP, Stimulus, Fed action ie QE3, wherein Obama is pumping 50 billion dollars a month directly into the pockets of rich white people, hence the overwhelming rich vote. Nastaran, under Obama and his government intervention STPN/wealth redistribution the gap between between rich white people and poor non-whites is at record levels. Did you know that? It seems by your post that you didn't know that. Obama is the 1% President. He does their bidding with cheer. That's your guys, enriching the filthy white males and their Stepford wives. That's your guy, your policy.

In the mean time, blacks have been destroyed under Obama, doing worse than any other group, and white metrosexual Democrats seem very happy with this and are applauding it, asking for more. It makes no sense to me, but it seems to make great sense to Democrats.
Nastarana wrote:Dear Marcus,

Histrionic.
Like what.
Nastarans, no Republican called for the legalization of rape. It's very sad that you would say such a thing. Very sad.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Torchwood wrote:I never thought that I wouldrecommend an article on Fox news, putting the recent GOP loss into perspective.
This is a good article, thanks for posting it.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

4 words describe the illusion of our system...

Good Cop/Bad Cop

Romney/Republicans just played their parts as required.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So who is getting arrested?
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Obama the candidate of the rich? That's rich! Donations to the Obama re-election efforts were from small contributors. The rich guys were shelling out for Romney. Wall Street has turned on Obama. Don't take it from me, take it from fat old Jewish guys who like to compare Obama to Hitler. I think I'll take them at their word and follow the donation trail rather than give in to your weird conspiracy theories.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

8 of the 10 richest counties went Obama. Sorry Zack Morris. Rich white people are richer than ever after Obama, the gap between rich whites and poor non-whites is at record levels, as poor blacks are crushed and privileged whites are experiencing wealth intoxication beyond their wildest dreams as you pump 50 billion a month into the white privilege world. And both ends voted for more of the same. This is your legacy Zack Morris. The fruit of you efforts, poor blacks, rich whites. Own it.
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

Mr. Perfect, I didn't say "legalization", I said "decriminalization", which is exactly the impression created when politicians discuss the subject of sexaul assault without mentioning the little detail that it is a felony offense. No doubt your narrative has an alternative explanation for why somewhere around 60-70 percent of single women voted for the Democrat this cycle, which, given your known proclivities, I don't think I want to hear. Read the remarks of Republican, former WH staffer Karen Hughes in politico. She states that young women friends of her daughters were voting Democratic BECAUSE of the remarks of Santorum, Akin, et al.

Rich white people benefitting from Obama's admin? That must explain why rich white folks gave billions to Karl Rove's super pacs? Rove intended all along for Obma to win this cycle, thus paving the way for Jeb Bush in 16?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nastarana wrote:Mr. Perfect, I didn't say "legalization", I said "decriminalization", which is exactly the impression created when politicians discuss the subject of sexaul assault without mentioning the little detail that it is a felony offense.
This is completely false. You are dealing in falsehoods. Why are you doing that.
No doubt your narrative has an alternative explanation for why somewhere around 60-70 percent of single women voted for the Democrat this cycle, which, given your known proclivities, I don't think I want to hear.
I understand. That doesn't mean that you are telling the truth however.
Read the remarks of Republican, former WH staffer Karen Hughes in politico. She states that young women friends of her daughters were voting Democratic BECAUSE of the remarks of Santorum, Akin, et al.
I understand that. That doesn't mean people weren't lying to women. Lying often works, that's why people do it.
Rich white people benefitting from Obama's admin?
Yes. It is a fact. The gap between rich and poor has never been higher, and the rich are almost all white. Obama has pumped trillions in gov't money directly into the pockets of rich privileged whites, and virtually none to poor people. He is a genius so of course this was not on accident. And all of you voted for more of it.
That must explain why rich white folks gave billions to Karl Rove's super pacs?

Yes, a small portion. 2 of the 10 richest counties went Romney.
Rove intended all along for Obma to win this cycle, thus paving the way for Jeb Bush in 16?
I doubt it.