Announcements

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Typhoon

Announcements

Post by Typhoon »

Thread move or merges.

Maintenance.

Etc.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Annoucements

Post by Typhoon »

Merged three movie threads into one:

Movies: New Releases and Scenes from the Past
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexa Traffic Rank: 956,787
Now in the top 1 million sites. :wink:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

With this post: 956,786..........'>.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:

H1iR2Wi3u5o
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
H1iR2Wi3u5o
Indeed.

Current Alexa global rank: 906,826

Smokin'. :wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

1/ site ownership transfer completed

2/ phpBB upgraded to most recent release: 3.0.10
Odin!

Post by Odin! »

"Site ownership transfer completed"?

What has Tinker got you into?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Odin! wrote:"Site ownership transfer completed"?

Nothing to do with Enki/Tinker, rather a friend registered the site for me and helped me with the initial phpBB and Wordpress setup.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Full board back up done.
Odin!

Post by Odin! »

Typhoon wrote:
Odin! wrote:"Site ownership transfer completed"?

Nothing to do with Enki/Tinker, rather a friend registered the site for me and helped me with the initial phpBB and Wordpress setup.
Whew! :mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Banning

Post by admin »

Poster feck a.k.a. Odin! has been banned for sending e-mail to the admin [mistakenly to the wrong person -> forwarded] consisting of curses and threats if admin does not do x.

Copy of e-mail is available upon request.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Banning

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

admin wrote:Poster feck a.k.a. Odin! has been banned for sending e-mail to the admin [mistakenly to the wrong person -> forwarded] consisting of curses and threats if admin does not do x.

Caught with his Asgard down I guess. . .
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Marcus

Re: Announcements

Post by Marcus »

Well, it's not Loki he'll be missed . . . ;)
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Re: Banning

Post by Ibrahim »

admin wrote:Poster feck a.k.a. Odin! has been banned for sending e-mail to the admin [mistakenly to the wrong person -> forwarded] consisting of curses and threats if admin does not do x.

Plz post in Hell. Not because I don't believe you, but because I'm amused by meltdowns and freak outs.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

I liked the guy, he was Chaos, Inc; however, I did sometimes question his interpersonal skills.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Hmm, interesting. So Typhoon has banned 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 % more people than I ever did.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Enki wrote:Hmm, interesting. So Typhoon has banned . . more people than I ever did.
Didn't you ban ~? If you didn't, you should have. I kinda wonder whether Odin was indeed ~ . . can't be two guys that nuts out there, can there? Same enigmatic, wacko crap, same purposeful agitation, same condescension, same conceit . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:Hmm, interesting. So Typhoon has banned 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 % more people than I ever did.
Yes.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Marcus wrote:
Enki wrote:Hmm, interesting. So Typhoon has banned . . more people than I ever did.
Didn't you ban ~? If you didn't, you should have. I kinda wonder whether Odin was indeed ~ . . can't be two guys that nuts out there, can there? Same enigmatic, wacko crap, same purposeful agitation, same condescension, same conceit . .
No, I didn't ban ~.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Future thread cleanup

Post by Typhoon »

The cleanup of the social justice thread in the philosophy, however imperfect, is now done.

Given the limitations of the moderator tools and thus the time a cleanup takes,
any future thread that contains posts that do not meet the board code of conduct
will be completely split off at the 2nd post,
regardless of merit,
and sent straight to Hell.
Parodite

Re: Future thread cleanup

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:The cleanup of the social justice thread in the philosophy, however imperfect, is now done.

Given the limitations of the moderator tools and thus the time a cleanup takes,
any future thread that contains posts that do not meet the board code of conduct
will be completely split off at the 2nd post,
Sensible.
regardless of merit,
and sent straight to Hell.
Deep down I'm very superficial
admin
Site Admin

Pending server downtime for upgrades

Post by admin »

From the hosting company
We're pleased to inform you that the server hosting your onthenatureofthings.net website will be undergoing a major software upgrade, from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6, within the next 48 hours.

This upgrade includes newer software packages (including Python, Perl and gcc), as well as all the security and performance benefits that come along with CentOS 6.
In addition to this, the server will be redeployed with a different file system type simultaneously, further increasing performance.

Although a bulk of the upgrades to your server are being done with it online and functional,
in order to safely finalize these changes our Administrators will need to temporarily take your server offline in the early morning hours.
Barring any extenuating circumstances this outage should only last about 2 hours.
Early morning hours should be ~ UTC - 5 hours [EST].
YMix

Post by YMix »

I don't know if I can handle that. :?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Murphy always gets up at 05.00 am.
Deep down I'm very superficial