Hack Attack Notice

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Hoosiernorm

Re: Hack Attack Notice

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:His obsessions were religion, ethnicity, and race.
I thought I already said he was Canadian
Been busy doing stuff
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:2/ Please change your password again to one known only to you [and send me a PM once you have done it].
Did that yesterday and am now using a password known only to me . . all is well . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:
Typhoon wrote:2/ Please change your password again to one known only to you [and send me a PM once you have done it].
Did that yesterday and am now using a password known only to me . . all is well . .
Thank you.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Do you have his IP address? It may become necessary if we need to report him to the authorities or if someone needs to go to his home and shoot him in the face several times.
If it proves necessary.
This troll knows enough to use internet proxies to try and hide his real IP address [but not enough to be a poster of value] so tracking down him down is a bit more work.

At this point, he has done enough to press criminal charges and/or tell his mommy.
Or a random IP generator. That's what the random shopbots are using now so they load up your board with knock-off designer shoes and purses and misc. crap........
This particular troll/hacker was misusing the Tor anonymity network.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Do you have his IP address? It may become necessary if we need to report him to the authorities or if someone needs to go to his home and shoot him in the face several times.
If it proves necessary.
This troll knows enough to use internet proxies to try and hide his real IP address [but not enough to be a poster of value] so tracking down him down is a bit more work.

At this point, he has done enough to press criminal charges and/or tell his mommy.
Or a random IP generator. That's what the random shopbots are using now so they load up your board with knock-off designer shoes and purses and misc. crap........
Have you reported them to their service provider? That would help wouldn't it?
Been busy doing stuff
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
If it proves necessary.

The trick with Tor is you don't know who the ISP is and therefore the person using it. That is the whole point.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
If it proves necessary.

The trick with Tor is you don't know who the ISP is and therefore the person using it. That is the whole point.
Quite right. However, misuse of anonymous proxy servers, such as Tor, can be dealt with.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Received another one of those "change your password—click here" things this morning . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:Received another one of those "change your password—click here" things this morning . .
Thanks for informing.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Note the time . . just got another one . .
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
noddy

Post by noddy »

most email clients have an option to "show message headers" which are the mail server delivery information.

using this you can see who is actually sending this email and compare it against a legitimate email from this server.
ultracrepidarian
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

And another . .

noddy . . I'm using a Mac . . any ideas?
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
noddy

Post by noddy »

i havent used a mac in a lifetime so not off the top of my head.

which email client are you using ?
ultracrepidarian
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

noddy wrote:i havent used a mac in a lifetime so not off the top of my head.

which email client are you using ?

Mail
Version 4.5 (1084)
Copyright 1995-2011 Apple Inc.
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
noddy

Post by noddy »

Apple Mail 4.5

Open the message you want to obtain the header information for.
In the Mail menu bar click on Message and then View Long Headers
the bit you are looking for is the sections that say "Recieved from" which reveals the chain of servers involved in getting that message to you.

i will trigger a legitimate email from this site via a test private message.. typhoon may or may not be interested in the headers from the fake one.

being aware of this information you can minimize your vulnerability to such hack attempts.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Apple Mail 4.5

the bit you are looking for is the sections that say "Recieved from" which reveals the chain of servers involved in getting that message to you.

i will trigger a legitimate email from this site via a test private message.. typhoon may or may not be interested in the headers from the fake one.

being aware of this information you can minimize your vulnerability to such hack attempts.
Yes, I asked Marcus to forward me the e-mail and he kindly did so - I had a look at the header and took action.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:
Apple Mail 4.5

Yes, I asked Marcus to forward me the e-mail and he kindly did so - I had a look at the header and took action.

it will hopefully be useful to marcus then - if he is worried about if its real one or not he now has a way of checking.

learn a bit more and then the feds will arrest you for being a hacker :mrgreen:
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

I am not sure of what I am saying is happening .. but .. have a sense that something, sometimes a bit fishy

happened a few times, some words I wrote, when posted, were different or partly changed

I edited, and riposted .. would not change when riposted, still same problem .. finally I used other word

those words would have changed the intended meaning

meaning, looked like somebody was editing my posts

as said, am not sure, but had a few instances when I had feeling my posts being edited

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

I am not sure of what I am saying is happening .. but .. have a sense that something, sometimes a bit fishy

happened a few times, some words I wrote, when posted, were different or partly changed

I edited, and riposted .. would not change when riposted, still same problem .. finally I used other word

as said, am not sure, but had a few instances when I had feeling my posts being edited

Unless you received and clicked on one of the fake spoof e-mails [see start of this thread], your account is secure.

If you still have concerns, then change you password.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:

Unless you received and clicked on one of the fake spoof e-mails [see start of this thread], your account is secure.

don't remember receiving or clicking on anything

but

changed my password

Ibrahim wrote:

Ah, it appears either the moderators or the forum software edited quotes from the IDF soldier, replacing a certain popular expletive with "lavender." Well, I'm sure we can all figure it out.

My guess was right .. Zionist doing this :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:

Ah, it appears either the moderators or the forum software edited quotes from the IDF soldier, replacing a certain popular expletive with "lavender." Well, I'm sure we can all figure it out.
Automatic replacement of some expletives is now an automatic feature. Just keeping it surreal.
noddy

Post by noddy »

a lavender cherry blossom kitten of an idea.

:D
ultracrepidarian
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Lavender's Blue and the Brits........

Post by monster_gardener »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

don't remember receiving or clicking on anything

but

changed my password

Ibrahim wrote:

Thank You Very Much for your Post, Azari.

Nope.

It's the Brits............... ;) :lol:

Lavender's Blue
Silly, Silly ;)
Oops, sorry......... Dilly, Dilly.....

ayHoRtlnHao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHoRtlnHao

Hz7NafP839E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz7NafP839E

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_Blue
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Our very own hacker wannabe "Farcus" has finally figured out a new tack at social-engineering.

Sending fake e-mails of the form:
Hello,

The account owned by "[Your Forum Name]" has been deactivated or newly created, you
should check the details of this user (if required) and handle it
appropriately.

Use this link to view the user's profile:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=00

Use this link to activate the account:

ucp.php?mode=activate&u=00&k=XXXXXX

--
Thank you | The OTNOT mods
So should you receive such a fake e-mail, please ignore it and do not click on the links.

Your account, unlike Farcus' OCD suppression circuit, has not been de-activated.
YMix

Post by YMix »

This guy is persistent. Maybe we should let him back in, but restrict his posting privileges to Hell. :D
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.