Hack Attack Notice

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Typhoon

Re: Hack Attack Notice

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:This guy is persistent. Maybe we should let him back in, but restrict his posting privileges to Hell. :D
:lol:

Top marks for dogged determination.

I and at least one other poster receive ten's of such fake e-mails per day.

He's also trying to bother my friend in N Am who helped me to set up this website.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Typhoon wrote:
YMix wrote:This guy is persistent. Maybe we should let him back in, but restrict his posting privileges to Hell. :D

He's also trying to bother my friend in N Am who helped me to set up this website.
There's an easy way to block such crap if you're using a Mac: http://email.about.com/od/macosxmailtip ... X_Mail.htm
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

There's an easy way to block such crap if you're using a Mac: http://email.about.com/od/macosxmailtip ... X_Mail.htm
Useful info for Mac users.

In my case, all such junk e-mails are directed into the spam folder in my online Yahoo Japan account.

I keep the fake e-mails as evidence.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Typhoon wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

Ah, it appears either the moderators or the forum software edited quotes from the IDF soldier, replacing a certain popular expletive with "lavender." Well, I'm sure we can all figure it out.
Automatic replacement of some expletives is now an automatic feature. Just keeping it surreal.
Also, the word "Z i o n i s t" is replaced with "Carnie". Whose idea was that?

I don't get the joke. So they're like the people who work at, and travel with traveling fairs?

Also: loading forum pages has been really, really slow lately. Especially today.

Do you know why this is or whether it has anything to do with the hack attack.

Thanks.
cultivate a white rose
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Azrael wrote:. . loading forum pages has been really, really slow lately. Especially today.

Do you know why this is or whether it has anything to do with the hack attack.

Thanks.
Ditto . .
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Azrael wrote: Also, the word "Z i o n i s t" is replaced with "Carnie". Whose idea was that?

I don't get the joke.
I also find this strange. Its not a slur, profanity, or insult. Some people wear the label proudly. Are they coming for "Democrat" and "Republican" next?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

"Z i o n i s t" is most assuredly a label proudly worn by many, despised by others. Should be no need to censor its use.
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Azrael wrote: Also, the word "Z i o n i s t" is replaced with "Carnie". Whose idea was that?

I don't get the joke.
I also find this strange. Its not a slur, profanity, or insult. Some people wear the label proudly. Are they coming for "Democrat" and "Republican" next?
Don't think that it didn't cross my mind :twisted:

Anyways, thanks for the explanations.

Zionist has been removed from the list.

In return, I'd like to the people post to the appropriate thread in this "This Forum" section.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:.

all this was to bug Azari

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:.

Guess we will have to just call them Red Sea Pedestrians
Been busy doing stuff
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Wow, I never thought squiggy would crack like that.

But whatever happened to him he really went off the deep end a while ago and I always wondered, with all due respect Colonel, why you allowed someone whose sole purpose became to troll/terrorize Marcus. I know you have an open door policy and all, but the whole Farcus character was obviously designed to run Marcus off the board, and now that he could not do that, he has decided to take the whole board down itself.

I believed it to be a blemish.

And it is pretty clear now we got a guy who is truly, bitterly, butthurt.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Wow, I never thought squiggy would crack like that.

But whatever happened to him he really went off the deep end a while ago and I always wondered, with all due respect Colonel, why you allowed someone whose sole purpose became to troll/terrorize Marcus.
It's not clear to me that ~'s sole purpose was to harass Marcus.

He seemed to be equally bitter towards this mod, Mr. P. and yourself to name a few.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I know you have an open door policy and all, but the whole Farcus character was obviously designed to run Marcus off the board, and now that he could not do that, he has decided to take the whole board down itself.
Well, he has Willy E. Coyote failed at both.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:I believed it to be a blemish.
Being imperfect, this mod has plenty of blemishes.

Anyways, I suggest that the person best positioned to comment on how much Marcus was inconvenienced by ~ is . . . Marcus.
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:And it is pretty clear now we got a guy who is truly, bitterly, butthurt.
Given the number of gay dating sites ~ has signed up for using the board admin account e-mail address butthurt is probably the best description.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon wrote:Given the number of gay dating sites ~ has signed up for using the board admin account e-mail address butthurt is probably the best description.
:D
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Wow, I never thought squiggy would crack like that.

But whatever happened to him he really went off the deep end a while ago and I always wondered, with all due respect Colonel, why you allowed someone whose sole purpose became to troll/terrorize Marcus.
It's not clear to me that ~'s sole purpose was to harass Marcus.
He actually PMed me a few times poking fun at Marcus and providing what were ostensibly personal details about Marcus and his IRL identity. I replied that I wasn't interested in anyone's personal info and would not want mine shared on some anonymous forum either. He apologized and didn't contact me again, I considered the matter closed.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

~ liked guns, farcus was anti guns. I think farcus was amos/running turtle.

PS I have never understood the animus toward Marcus, he seems like a benign guy over all. To each his own.
Censorship isn't necessary