Afghanistan

Heracleum Persicum

Re: The Afghanistan Thread

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

manifestly encouraging

A US-China entente in Afghanistan

Beijing . . preparing for a more hands-on approach as Western forces withdraw, an increased role Washington is manifestly encouraging.

China has the resources that could make all the difference in a revival of the Afghan economy, and stability in the broader Central Asia is central to its own future.

well,

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

"Nation building"

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

I've seen that one before and I'm a little dubious about history-by-jpg. There were burkas in 1972, and there are women in Western fashions in Kabul today.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Downhill in Kabul... Uphill in Europe... High Cost....

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:"Nation building"

Thank you Very Much for your post, Typhoon.

1972............ :)

Right before the King was overthrown by his cousin.... :( :roll:

5 years later the Communists and later the Soviets took over............ :roll:

But all things considered, even Soviet Eastern Europe looked better than the 2012 photo......

Have often wondered if it were possible to do it over again.........

Might have been better to have done nothing......

Or maybe to have assisted....

The Russian Bears..... ;) :twisted:

Indirectly of course.....

But no aid for Betrayer of their Benefactor Son of a Bitch Afghan Arab Al Queda Tallywacker 2 legged False Dogz........

What we have spent there other than directly bombing Osama and his Bad Boyz and their bases seems to have been wasted....

Could be wrong...............

What was bad for the Agfhans seems to have been more or less good for the East Euros............

YMix has boots on the ground and may disagree???

Hard to say.........

IIRC back then the Soviets seemed to be on a roll.......

And we had Carter who seemed to be a mostly maladroit President.....

In retrospect, largely but not completely....

Zbigniew from Poland was plotting ZeeBig ;) :twisted: Revenge on the Russian Bears for the Dung :twisted: they did in Katyn Forest.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_B ... arly_years

Hard to say where we would be today.............

Things have been down hill in the pocket book Down in the Black Gang here in Uz.........

Since we "won"..........

Against the Bad News Bears ;)

But things could have been worse for Uz..........

Or so it seems in 2013
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Objections to U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Intensify

Look, guys, you gotto be on pot thinking after doin all those things to children, civilians, in wedding celebration or small girls pickin up wood, they still welcome you

All roads, libraries, hospitals, schools and universities are built by Iran .. All America built was Bagram Prison Complex :lol:

Imagine this, even the former (and present) CIA clown Karzai playin crazy wantin you out

US Commander in Afghanistan issues threat advisory after Karzai's anti-American speech

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

From now on I'm taking the "Beyond" part of "Bed, Bath and Beyond" more critically.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Downhill in Kabul... Uphill in Europe... High Cost....

monster_gardener wrote:

Don't know who was behind the cousin overthrowing the King

But

pretty much safe bet America was behind this .. CIA .. I would bet the farm CIA was behind it (same they did with Sihanouk, ruining Cambodia and making that genocide possible .. and, same they did with this i*diot Qatari (calling himself) Amir overthrowing his own father, this monkey total CIA tool)

The King would was sailing the Afghan ship "carefully" between Western and Eastern storm .. but .. CIA thought, f*ck the Afghan 1000s of years equilibrium, lets open a new front against Russians/communism from Afghanistan .. Russians said "NYET" and invaded Afghanistan 5 years later, America armed Wahhabi animals and and and .. and another case of .. America winning all the battles but losing the war (in Afghanistan)

You, guys, when you waking up ? ? ? American (military) power achieves nothing except creating hate for America for generations .. who benefits from it ?

Iran can fix all this .. Barak Hussein (also known as Obama) should repent, cake in hand, drop in Tehran

America @ Iranian side will win the world

Iran will help America again to gain moral high ground

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Drones are bad, but the medium is not the message.
Police: Four Children Killed in Afghan Night Raid
Defense Ministry Insists Everyone Slain Was 'Taliban'

Local police are confirming that a NATO-led night raid against the Logar Province left at least five civilians, including four children dead, and a number of others wounded.

Logar official Rais Seddiq confirmed that two of the slain civilians were killed immediately, and that three others died of their wounds in the hospital. The confirmation sparked an angry reaction from the Afghan Defense Ministry.

“All those killed were armed,” the ministry insisted, following up on the previous report that claimed 23 “Taliban” were killed and no civilians. The Taliban had insisted they only lost 12 members, but also reported civilian bystanders were killed in the attack.

Night raids have been hugely controversial in Afghanistan, with the Karzai government repeatedly attempting to ban them entirely, and NATO repeatedly claiming the reports of civilian deaths are overstated. The incident today may point to a split between Karzai and the defense ministry.
http://news.antiwar.com/2013/03/27/poli ... um=twitter
monster_gardener

Cussin' the Cussed Cousin of the King.......

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:

Don't know who was behind the cousin overthrowing the King

But

pretty much safe bet America was behind this .. CIA .. I would bet the farm CIA was behind it (same they did with Sihanouk, ruining Cambodia and making that genocide possible .. and, same they did with this i*diot Qatari (calling himself) Amir overthrowing his own father, this monkey total CIA tool)

The King would was sailing the Afghan ship "carefully" between Western and Eastern storm .. but .. CIA thought, f*ck the Afghan 1000s of years equilibrium, lets open a new front against Russians/communism from Afghanistan .. Russians said "NYET" and invaded Afghanistan 5 years later, America armed Wahhabi animals and and and .. and another case of .. America winning all the battles but losing the war (in Afghanistan)

You, guys, when you waking up ? ? ? American (military) power achieves nothing except creating hate for America for generations .. who benefits from it ?

Iran can fix all this .. Barak Hussein (also known as Obama) should repent, cake in hand, drop in Tehran

America @ Iranian side will win the world

Iran will help America again to gain moral high ground

Thank You Very Much for your post, Azari.
pretty much safe bet America was behind this .. CIA .. I would bet the farm CIA was behind it (
Nope.

The overthrow of the King brought Afghanistan closer into the Soviet orbit....

Remembering an article after the coup quoting the cousin saying that he liked to smoke his Russian cigarettes with American matches..... And the writer commenting that the Russian cigarettes had proved to be longer than the American matches...... ;) :roll:

My bet is KGB and/or the overweening ambition of the cousin.....

Lots of people died because of that ambition..........

Including an American Uz ambassador and the cousin and his family...........

And lots and lots of Russian Bears and Afghan Hounds........

Eventually a lot of Uz.........

And more Afghans..........

Thanks perhaps to one man.....

That cussed cousin...... :twisted: :evil:

Too bad the King who seemed to be doing a passable if not perfect job....... He had wasted some lives messing with the Chinese Dragosn..........

But a decent job otherwise for an Afghan rules..........

Wasn't able to keep his cussed cousin under control...............
monster_gardener

Do Tallywackers of the Taliban have a Taboo against attacks?

Ibrahim wrote:Drones are bad, but the medium is not the message.
Police: Four Children Killed in Afghan Night Raid
Defense Ministry Insists Everyone Slain Was 'Taliban'

Local police are confirming that a NATO-led night raid against the Logar Province left at least five civilians, including four children dead, and a number of others wounded.

Logar official Rais Seddiq confirmed that two of the slain civilians were killed immediately, and that three others died of their wounds in the hospital. The confirmation sparked an angry reaction from the Afghan Defense Ministry.

“All those killed were armed,” the ministry insisted, following up on the previous report that claimed 23 “Taliban” were killed and no civilians. The Taliban had insisted they only lost 12 members, but also reported civilian bystanders were killed in the attack.

Night raids have been hugely controversial in Afghanistan, with the Karzai government repeatedly attempting to ban them entirely, and NATO repeatedly claiming the reports of civilian deaths are overstated. The incident today may point to a split between Karzai and the defense ministry.
http://news.antiwar.com/2013/03/27/poli ... um=twitter
Thank You Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.
but the medium is not the message.
I am shocked that a Canadian woulds so disown Marshal McLuhan* ;) :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_McLuhan

Do the Tallywackers of the Taliban have a Taboo against attacks?

GOOGLE!

Seems not............
The Taliban fighters who launched an assault on the British base where Prince Harry is serving were wearing American Army uniforms in a well-planned and rehearsed assault, the Nato coalition has disclosed..........

The night time raid at Camp Bastion caused damage........
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -base.html

Seems they have no problem wearing US uniforms either......

Making them effective illegal combatant who could be treated like spies/saboteurs......

Wondering if the expectation is that Uz and allied troops should knock before entering and have a search warrant ready?

Or maybe they should be just armed with Batons like British Police Bobbies ;) once were...............

That Westerners be Boobies ;) like that when dealing with Bastard Sons of Bitches like the Tallywackers............

Note: This post Brought to you by the Letters "B" & "T"

*Maybe the solution is to drop old Televisions as Bombs on the Tallywackers..........

That would be a "cool" medium 8-) and thing to do wouldn't it.......... ;) :twisted: :lol:
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-paci ... 26374.html
NATO airstrike kills dozens in Afghanistan
Airstrike on a village in eastern Afghanistan leaves at least 18 people dead, including 10 children.
At least 18 people, including as many as 10 children, have been killed in an air strike in eastern Afghanistan.

Afghan officials said strikes happened overnight in Kunar province, during a joint operation between Afghan and NATO troops against Taliban fighters.

You paid for it, so enjoy.
monster_gardener

Likewise, Ibs.......... Likewise..........

Ibrahim wrote:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-paci ... 26374.html
Airstrike on a village in eastern Afghanistan leaves at least 18 people dead, including 10 children.
At least 18 people, including as many as 10 children, have been killed in an air strike in eastern Afghanistan.

Afghan officials said strikes happened overnight in Kunar province, during a joint operation between Afghan and NATO troops against Taliban fighters.

Thanks for your post, Ibs.

Images of some of those who jumped to their deaths to escape the flames at the World Trade Center September 11, 2001.

Courtesy of Al Queda, the Taliban, their Afghan supporters and Jihadi friends and sympathizers worldwide...........

Likewise, Ibrahim......... Likewise............

Disclaimer: Not all Muslims are Jihadi terrorists.... And neither are all Westerners, Crusaders without a Cause............
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Likewise, Ibs.......... Likewise..........

monster_gardener wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-paci ... 26374.html

Images of some of those who jumped to their deaths to escape the flames at the World Trade Center September 11, 2001.

Courtesy of Al Queda, the Taliban, their Afghan supporters and Jihadi friends and sympathizers worldwide...........

Likewise, Ibrahim......... Likewise............

Disclaimer: Not all Muslims are Jihadi terrorists.... And neither are all Westerners, Crusaders without a Cause...........

Monster , majority of world population (and many Americans) say, 9/11 was a false flag .. meaning American government did it to have an excuse to kill those children you see the pictures above

but

this beyond the point

Point is , the more children and woman killed by Americans, the less chance America can stay in Afghanistan

Can not imagine how America could stay in Afghanistan in mids of vicious enemy any direction one looks .. only real friend you might have is Iran, and you pissing off
Ahmadinejat

Well, Monster, you guys would be ahead having those Paki as enemy rather than as friends :lol: .. and .. those Persian Golf clowns or those Al Saud fossils quick sand

and

Kerry mistaken re Turkey .. not gonno work

Kerry urges Turkey-Israel to restore ties

“Israeli policy towards the Palestinians remains the Achilles heel of this process,” said Soli Ozel at Kadir Has university in Istanbul, referring to enduring doubts in Turkey and beyond about whether Israel seriously intends to address the Palestinian issue and whether the US will apply pressure for it to do so.

“This is the undeclared condition,” Mr Ozel continued. “Otherwise the Turks cannot continue to justify this reconciliation either to their own constituencies or to the larger Arab public to which they want to appeal.”

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Note monster_gardener defending the murder of children by NATO forces. Note also that he claims I directly supported the attacks of 9/11.

So far the most disgraceful and immoral post on this forum. Milo was banned for far less.
monster_gardener

Flyting: You Show Me Yours...And I'll Show You Mine - Enjoy

Ibrahim wrote:Note monster_gardener defending the murder of children by NATO forces. Note also that he claims I directly supported the attacks of 9/11.

So far the most disgraceful and immoral post on this forum. Milo was banned for far less.
Thanks for the post, Ibs.

I was going to reply here but since you seem to want to go flyting ;) , let's take this to Hel ;)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1498&p=51186#p51186

The thermals ;) there are extraordinary ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

I'm not reading more of m_g's trash. Precisely the reason I have him blocked is because his posts/arguments are so poorly written and nonsensical that they cannot even be fodder for debate/refutation.

Suffice to say that in the "current events" thread on Afghanistan I started talking about the deaths of large numbers of civilians, including ten children, that happened yesterday, and m_g's response is that this is justifiable because of 9/11. Not only is this immoral filth, its also painfully stupid.
monster_gardener

FATWA: NATO bombing Kosher by Islamic Law: Mo used Catapults

Ibrahim wrote:I'm not reading more of m_g's trash. Precisely the reason I have him blocked is because his posts/arguments are so poorly written and nonsensical that they cannot even be fodder for debate/refutation.

Suffice to say that in the "current events" thread on Afghanistan I started talking about the deaths of large numbers of civilians, including ten children, that happened yesterday, and m_g's response is that this is justifiable because of 9/11. Not only is this immoral filth, its also painfully stupid.
NATO bombing is Kosher :-), Halal or whatever by Islamic Law: Mohamed used Catapults where non-combatant women and children could be killed

Since evidently ;) you don't like my infidel posts, let's do it Islamic Style........

Analogy/Malakite-Hanafite Style to be specific............

In the Siege of Taif, Mohamed used catapult fire despite the fact that the projectiles could kill non combatant women and children........

In the time of Mohamed, catapults served the same function as artillery or aerial bombing does today.

Therefore by analogy, since Mohamed allowed catapults against locations that had non-combatant women and children, artillery and aerial bombing is allowed against locations that have non combatants, even women and children, if the object is to destroy the resistance of combatants there....

FATfreeWA ;) 2013-0407-01 issued by the Infidel Islamic Scholar Monster Gardener (Malikite & Hanifite schools) ;) 8-) :lol:

References:
Salman Muhammadi, from whose military plans the Muslims had availed at the time of the Battle of the Ditch, suggested to the Prophet that the fort of the enemy might be stoned by means of catapults. During the battles of those days a catapult served the same purpose as artillery serves in modern warfare. The Muslim officers erected a catapult under the guidance of Salman and stoned the towers and the interior of the fort for about twenty days.
http://www.al-islam.org/message/51.htm
In islamic law, their doesnt exists such a word called "non combatants".

Rather the word "man la yastahiqq al-qatl" (those who do not deserve to be killed”) is used by the scholars.

During the siege of taif, Muhammad used catapults/ballistics on an entire tribe, even though there was a high chance women and children would be killed indiscriminately/ unintentionally.

Because of this muslim scholars say the following:

Quote:
"One must go on jihad (i.e razzias or raids) at least once a year ... one may use a catapult against them when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children."[Al-Ghazali (Sufi Scholar), Kitab al-Wagiz fi fiqh madhab al-imam al-Safi'i]
Imam Hanifa (followed by asia's 700m+ muslims) believed you can use catapults/missiles , even if this kills:
Quote:
"women, children, the very elderly, the retárded, the blind, the disabled, and the chronically ill" [Ikhtilaf, pg 6-8, by Tabari]
Therefore allowing collateral damage/indiscriminate killings.

It should be mentioned that Islam does not allow to delibrately kill women and children (according to sahih hadith), but does allow to kill them indiscriminately, if they are nearby to the enemy:
Quote:
"It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: “They are from them”." [Sahih Muslim 19:4321 & Sahih Bukhari 4: 52:256]

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/31 ... ost27.html
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Worth noting that one of the "citations" used by child murder advocate m_g links to claims made on in web forum post by a banned member. This is why you can't really debate people like m_g.
monster_gardener

It's an Islamic site: Catapults & Artillery are equivalent..

Ibrahim wrote:Worth noting that one of the "citations" used by child murder advocate m_g links to claims made on in web forum post by a banned member. This is why you can't really debate people like m_g.

It's an Islamic site: Catapults & Artillery are equivalent......

Thanks for your post, Ibrahim.
links to claims made on in web forum post by a banned member.
Is it

http://www.al-islam.org/ ;) :lol: ?

That's an Islamic site.........
About Al-Islam.org

Welcome to Al-Islam.org. We invite you to begin a journey of clicks to explore this site thoroughly. We hope that this journey is a source of education and enlightenment. If you are not a Muslim, then let this site serve as a means of introducing Islam to you, and provide you with options for exploring the beauty of this religion further. If you are a Muslim, then let this site serve as a repository for advancing your knowledge about Islam further

And it's the reference that calls Mohammed's catapults equivalent to artillery.........

This is why you can't really debate people like m_g
Really?

Other people do it.

Some even win occasionally.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The faux concerns about the use of gas in the Syria revolt are apparently misplaced:

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Should we be more concerned about Karzai's bowel movements?

Is the CIA paying him every time he goes to the potty like a big boy?
cultivate a white rose
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Decent article from a journalist covering Afghanistan since 2007:

http://www.vice.com/read/this-is-what-w ... 0111-v20n5

Intro blurb:
I didn’t plan on spending six years covering the war in Afghanistan. I went there in 2007 to make a film about the vicious fighting between undermanned, underequipped British forces and the Taliban in Helmand, Afghanistan’s most violent province. But I became obsessed with what I witnessed there—how different it was from the conflict’s portrayal in the media and in official government statements.

All I had to do was trek out to one of the many tiny, isolated patrol bases that dot the barren, sunbaked landscape and hang out with British infantry troops to see the chaotic reality of the war firsthand: firefights that lasted entire days, suicide bombers who leaped onto unarmored jeeps from behind market stalls, IEDs buried everywhere, and bombs dropped onto Afghans’ homes, sometimes with whole families of innocent civilians inside.
Heracleum Persicum

Ambassador James Dobbins : .. " America's rapid success in toppling the Taliban and replacing it with a broadly based, moderate successor ... depended heavily upon the support American military and diplomatic efforts received from all the neighboring states, notably Iran."

[..]

In a stunning disclosure, Dobbins said that nonetheless, two months after president George W Bush trotted out the thesis of the "axis of evil", the Iranians approached Dobbins again on the sidelines of an international conference at Geneva with yet another proposal of collaboration.

This time it was about Iran participating in a program to train a new Afghan National Army under American leadership. Dobbins noted,

Iranian participation, under American leadership, in a joint program of this sort would be a breathtaking departure after more than 20 years mutual hostility. It also represented a significant step beyond the quiet diplomatic cooperation we had achieved so far. Clearly, despite having been relegated by President Bush to the 'axis of evil', the Khatami government wanted to deepen its cooperation with Washington, and was prepared to do so in a most overt and public manner.

But, Dobbins recalled that there were no takers in Washington for the Iranian proposal although he approached the then secretary of state, Colin Powell, and national security advisor Condoleeza Rice and was even briefed an inter-agency meeting attended by defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

Without doubt, what Dobbins brings into Obama's team is an invaluable insight into where things began going haywire for the US in Afghanistan, by overlooking "the impossibility of holding together disintegrating societies without the cooperation of adjoining states".

Dobbins concluded his testimony with the following advice to the Bush administration: "It's time to speak to Iran, unconditionally, and comprehensively."

Of course, Dobbins didn't carry sufficient weight within the Bush administration, and the diplomatic path he pursued with the Iranians ended in a cul-de-sac, almost inevitably. This is where Obama could make all the difference.

To be sure, Dobbins' selection as the special representative will be noted with interest in Tehran. The Iranian diplomats who dealt with him still have warm words to speak of him. They acknowledge him as a formidable champion of US interests and a tough negotiator, but also recognize him as a realist who has tried to understand without pride and prejudice the Iranian motivations too.

The heart of the matter is that the US has nothing to lose and everything to gain by reviving the collaboration with Iran over the stabilization of the Afghan situation. The peace talks with the Taliban have not taken off, and the Taliban spring offensive has begun. Five American soldiers were killed in an ambush on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Pakistan's strategic ambiguity has continued. The Afghan-Pakistani tensions are spiraling with the eruption of clashes between security forces on the Durand Line. The prospects appear more remote than ever that that Islamabad will permit any substantive direct talks to take place between the Taliban and Karzai's government. All this is when the US troop withdrawal is gathering momentum.

Suffice to say, an opening to Tehran can entirely change the matrix in favor of the overall US strategy in the period ahead. Iran is a stakeholder in the stabilization of Afghanistan. It enjoys considerable influence within that country.

If Dobbins is true to his word in his seminal 2011 monograph titled "Afghan peace Talks: A Primer", a substantial American military engagement is becoming necessary beyond the 2014 deadline now that it is clear that the negotiations with the Taliban are getting nowhere.

However, Dobbins also forewarned in the monograph that much water has flowed under the US-Iranian bridge and Tehran today is "likely to have a low level of trust in American intentions". This is how Dobbins estimated Iran's hardcore, "must have" objectives in Afghanistan:

1. The "eventual withdrawal" of American and International Security Assistance Force military and intelligence forces from Afghanistan;
2. A stable Afghanistan with a regime in Kabul that is friendly to Iran and not dominated by Pakistan or Pakistan's Taliban proxies.

Clearly, the Iranian objectives do not necessarily clash with Obama's Afghan strategy. But then, the big question remains, as Dobbins noted: "The rhythm of Iranian support for or obstruction of a peace process is more likely to depend on timelines external to Afghanistan, such as progress in Iran's nuclear program, competition between Iran and the Gulf states, and Iran's long-standing tensions with the United States."

:lol:

Dobbins concluded his testimony with the following advice to the Bush administration: "It's time to speak to Iran, unconditionally, and comprehensively."

W. Bush agreed to had over Iraq to Iran and leave (peacefully thanks to Iran)

Same script now in play in Afghanistan

Alternative would be, hand Afghanistan to Taliban & Paki alliance, nobody for sure wants that (specially neither Chinese nor the Russians)

Smart move

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.