Google Glass

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Heracleum Persicum

Google Glass

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

EtqvVQcdSN0
4EvNxWhskf8

Nonc Hilaire

Re: Google Glass

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

GoogleGlass has some valuable dedicated applications, but I don't see it succeeding as a consumer interface for Google apps. It could revolutionalize industrial inspection and sports training.

Huge consumer market for a discreet cloud-based, hands-free DVR, though.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Enki

Post by Enki »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:GoogleGlass has some valuable dedicated applications, but I don't see it succeeding as a consumer interface for Google apps. It could revolutionalize industrial inspection and sports training.

Huge consumer market for a discreet cloud-based, hands-free DVR, though.
Meta-tagging everything.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-575825 ... th-a-wink/
The next Google Glass owner who winks at you may actually be taking your picture.
New code cooked up by Google Glass developer Mike DiGiovanni enables the wink gesture in the high-tech specs.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

If you look at a person, Google Image search will give you their name, address, etc. Pretty creepy, actually.
cultivate a white rose
Enki

Post by Enki »

Seen this?

-Alexander Hamilton
Doc

Post by Doc »

Enki wrote:Seen this?

That is hilarious.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros