Dance

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Endovelico

Re: Dance

Post by Endovelico »

Swan Lake - Dada Masilo

3K5th7LI04A

Try and see it. It's absolutely amazing...
noddy

Post by noddy »

ywWBy6J5gz8
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

2txpgtIt4Gw
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

mBZAFJ-Q6Mw
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

dnDeo0yhIws
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Olga Roriz

Post by Endovelico »

An example of the interesting things being done by contemporary Portuguese choreographers. Pity I can't show you the whole thing...

d5sjQkGnNl0
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

eiYtQL5QVso
vlcDohaWmaU
ng4Nz_gxXuU

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

EAzYZ-E4l30
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

If you like dance, watch this...

ZrSAWua_azQ

So often we think that only science and technology come out of America. Well, there is very good art too. This is such an example. And Mia Michaels is indeed a very gifted choreographer.
Heracleum Persicum

2h2fdZ6XpR8
JItkRLVlf-c
dWIs89Pub0w
je0lFe0MHjU

kmich

Post by kmich »

ZATJk6Y__lo
Heracleum Persicum

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

NICE
Very good indeed. That's what American choreographers are very good at, and when they are successful it is really worth watching. European modern choreography is a quite different cup of tea but both can be very good.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

sNaau2uPFqI
Nonc Hilaire

Rèunion Island

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

-YcDaAidAd8
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

rCRP-5om_3Y
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
kmich

Post by kmich »

EuPfXQEhomo
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

mg6-SnUl0A0

Teresa of Ávila
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:114767889
Pretty cool! Although it is more visual effects than dancing...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

dDXjlILLFHA

Silent Hill a.k.a. I have the weirdest boner now right now.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Sadler's Wells +1
In the best tradition of Momix & Pilobolus.

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

3GSGAD7EtDU

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Russia ballet legend Maya Plisetskaya dies aged 89

Russian ballet legend Maya Plisetskaya has died in Germany aged 89, the director of the Bolshoi Theatre says.

Vladimir Urin says she died of a heart attack. "The doctors tried everything, but there was nothing they could do," he is quoted as saying by Tass agency.

Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his "deep condolences" to Plisetskaya's family and relatives.

Plisetskaya joined the Bolshoi in 1943, captivating audiences around the world with the purity of her performances.

In 1960, she became the Bolshoi's prima ballerina.

Among her acclaimed roles were Odette-Odile in Swan Lake, Aurora in The Sleeping Beauty and Carmen in Carmen Suite.

Plisetskaya left the stage aged 65, becoming a choreographer and giving master classes around the world.

She moved to the German city of Munich with her composer husband Rodion Shchedrin in 1991.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

Fayard and Harold Nicholas were a fantastic set of flash-dancers who performed as the Nicholas Brothers. Born seven years apart, the brothers performed for decades on stage and screen, later teaching dance to Michael and Janet Jackson, among many others. In the performance below from Stormy Weather, many of their trademark moves are on display -- jumping down stairs into splits, sliding up from splits without using hands, and gleefully jumping through orchestra stands, while tap-dancing in unison.

Fred Astaire once called this performance “the greatest dance number ever filmed.”

Mikhail Baryshnikov said, “Those guys are perfect examples of pure genius.”

zBb9hTyLjfM