Obama goes totalitarian

Mr. Perfect

Obama goes totalitarian

Post by Mr. Perfect »

As so many leftists before him. The unavoidable result of leftism. A philosophy where gov't has no limit. All they give you is sex and drugs. And truly you really don't need them for that.

What's next for Obama? Food testers, rolling this out to the public and putting Christians and conservatives on rail cars, to the applause of people like Berzer. It's not going to end the way you guys think.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/09/1 ... dyyRqxdA6E
In an initiative aimed at rooting out future leakers and other security violators, President Barack Obama has ordered federal employees to report suspicious actions of their colleagues based on behavioral profiling techniques that are not scientifically proven to work, according to experts and government documents.

The techniques are a key pillar of the Insider Threat Program, an unprecedented government-wide crackdown under which millions of federal bureaucrats and contractors must watch out for “high-risk persons or behaviors” among co-workers. Those who fail to report them could face penalties, including criminal charges.

Obama mandated the program in an October 2011 executive order after Army Pfc. Bradley Manning downloaded hundreds of thousands of documents from a classified computer network and gave them to WikiLeaks, the anti-government secrecy group. The order covers virtually every federal department and agency, including the Peace Corps, the Department of Education and others not directly involved in national security.

Under the program, which is being implemented with little public attention, security investigations can be launched when government employees showing “indicators of insider threat behavior” are reported by co-workers, according to previously undisclosed administration documents obtained by McClatchy. Investigations also can be triggered when “suspicious user behavior” is detected by computer network monitoring and reported to “insider threat personnel.”

Federal employees and contractors are asked to pay particular attention to the lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors – like financial troubles, odd working hours or unexplained travel – of co-workers as a way to predict whether they might do “harm to the United States.” Managers of special insider threat offices will have “regular, timely, and, if possible, electronic, access” to employees’ personnel, payroll, disciplinary and “personal contact” files, as well as records of their use of classified and unclassified computer networks, polygraph results, travel reports and financial disclosure forms.

Over the years, numerous studies of public and private workers who’ve been caught spying, leaking classified information, stealing corporate secrets or engaging in sabotage have identified psychological profiles that could offer clues to possible threats. Administration officials want government workers trained to look for such indicators and report them so the next violation can be stopped before it happens.

“In past espionage cases, we find people saw things that may have helped identify a spy, but never reported it,” said Gene Barlow, a spokesman for the Office of the National Counterintelligence Executive, which oversees government efforts to detect threats like spies and computer hackers and is helping implement the Insider Threat Program. “That is why the awareness effort of the program is to teach people not only what types of activity to report, but how to report it and why it is so important to report it.”

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/09/1 ... rylink=cpy
Censorship isn't necessary
Enki

Re: Obama goes SS/Gestapo

Post by Enki »

Yup in 1984 even the bureaucrats watching are being watched.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

What were you thinking was going to happen when you first put that yellow ribbon sticker on your bumper and put the little flag somewhere in your car?
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That sane people would stand united and see the effort through. There weren't enough sane people it turns out.

I think we all know though that this is part of why you voted for Obama. He just sort of has been unveiling it in an awfully embarrassing manner.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:That sane people would stand united and see the effort through. There weren't enough sane people it turns out.

I think we all know though that this is part of why you voted for Obama. He just sort of has been unveiling it in and awfully embarrassing manner.
Mr P,

Mission Accomplished

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... AA&dur=375

Alex.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Mr. Perfect wrote:That sane people would stand united and see the effort through. There weren't enough sane people it turns out.

I think we all know though that this is part of why you voted for Obama. He just sort of has been unveiling it in and awfully embarrassing manner.
Do you really think that things would be any different if the President was a Republican and not Obama? There is no solution but the election of someone from a party other than the Democratic or the Republican. Americans have the solution in their hands, but do they want to use it?...
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Federal employees and contractors are asked to pay particular attention to the lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors – like financial troubles, odd working hours or unexplained travel – of co-workers as a way to predict whether they might do “harm to the United States.” Managers of special insider threat offices will have “regular, timely, and, if possible, electronic, access” to employees’ personnel, payroll, disciplinary and “personal contact” files, as well as records of their use of classified and unclassified computer networks, polygraph results, travel reports and financial disclosure forms.
Like they said in the US...

Image[/centre]

Or, like they said in the USSR...

Do not chatter!

Don’t talk by phone much! A spy is nearby

Some will tell you that WWII has ended and we should lower our guard. Don't listen to those provocateurs!

The War against Terrorism will be forever.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

manolo wrote:

Mr P,

Mission Accomplished

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... AA&dur=375

Alex.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Endovelico wrote: Do you really think that things would be any different if the President was a Republican and not Obama?
Yes. But tbh this statement plays into this preposterous thinking from Cincinnatus that we shouldn't prosecute crimes because someone else may also commit them. Surreal.
There is no solution but the election of someone from a party other than the Democratic or the Republican. Americans have the solution in their hands, but do they want to use it?...
Americans voted for this just last November. The Obama voter vigorously supports this according to polls. This is the natural result of people who believe the government should have no limit, as liberals/progressives/Democrats believe.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alexis wrote: The War against Terrorism will be forever.
Liberals/Progressives/Democrats/Obama have been saying forever that there is no war on terror, or if there was it's over now and was caused by America in the first place and we deserved it.

This is not done to combat terror, it's done just for the heck of it. It is the natural result of people who believe the government should have no limit.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Federal employees and contractors are asked to pay particular attention to the lifestyles, attitudes and behaviors – like financial troubles, odd working hours or unexplained travel – of co-workers as a way to predict whether they might do “harm to the United States.” Managers of special insider threat offices will have “regular, timely, and, if possible, electronic, access” to employees’ personnel, payroll, disciplinary and “personal contact” files, as well as records of their use of classified and unclassified computer networks, polygraph results, travel reports and financial disclosure forms.
Like they said in the US...

Image[/centre]

Or, like they said in the USSR...

Do not chatter!

Don’t talk by phone much! A spy is nearby

Some will tell you that WWII has ended and we should lower our guard. Don't listen to those provocateurs!

The War against Terrorism will be forever.
Beautiful post!!!!

Obviously, humans are flawed and need to be watched, but where to find the angelic administrators? ;)

As long as things are cool in Oceania....... :D

When asked "Why do you think your ideology which has failed so many times before will work now?"
the Administrator replied "Cause my gang will do it better!"
Typhoon

Re: Obama goes totalitarian

Post by Typhoon »

Thread title changed in respect for the memory of the people killed by the SS/Gestapo.

re: Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Endovelico wrote:Do you really think that things would be any different if the President was a Republican and not Obama?
It was the same under the previous Republican administration. Some people are confusing technical advances with a policy difference between parties on this issue.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:Thread title changed in respect for the memory of the people killed by the SS/Gestapo.

US domestic spying is more like the Stasi anyway.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Thread title changed in respect for the memory of the people killed by the SS/Gestapo.

US domestic spying is more like the Stasi anyway.
If the Stasi had current technology available.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Actually I think the best thing we can do to respect their memory is to stop SS/Gestapo tactics where ever they arise. They are rising now.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Actually I think the best thing we can do to respect their memory is to stop SS/Gestapo tactics where ever they arise. They are rising now.
Mr P,

I think Obama should never have signed the Patriot Act into law.

Alex.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

manolo wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote: Actually I think the best thing we can do to respect their memory is to stop SS/Gestapo tactics where ever they arise. They are rising now.
Mr P,

Alex.
Why not? He obviously believes in its goodness...
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

manolo wrote:
Mr P,

Alex.
We're way past the Patriot Act, which Democrats have reupped over and over again. Way past.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Endovelico and Mr P,

I notice you can't say it. ;)

Alex.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:Endovelico and Mr P,

Alex.
:lol: I noticed too... ;)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Alex.
Say what? Obama did sign the Patriot Act.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/2 ... 67851.html

I wish he hadn't. He also sheparded this massive Prism thing. Are you unfamiliar with these issues?
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:

Alex.
Say what? Obama did sign the Patriot Act.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/2 ... 67851.html

I wish he hadn't. He also sheparded this massive Prism thing. Are you unfamiliar with these issues?
Mr P,

You might be slipping. The words were "signed the Patriot Act into law".

Alex.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I think you've slipped all the way in the water E. Obama did sign the Patriot Act. And supported it fully as a Senator. It is as much his law as Bush's. Regards.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I think you've slipped all the way in the water E. Obama did sign the Patriot Act. And supported it fully as a Senator. It is as much his law as Bush's. Regards.
Hi Mr P,

This is one of those forum picks that we all love so much. :)

Question: Who "signed the Patriot Act into law"?

Answer: ?

Clue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

Alex.