The Quran online

Ibrahim

Re: The Quran online

Post by Ibrahim »

Milo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Milo wrote: I'm not aware of any other great religion that abrogates most of its holy book:

(Botros vid)

"Abrogation" is often trotted about by Muslim-haters, and they typically understand this concept poorly or not at all.

Typically I've heard "abrogation" invoked by Muslim-haters in such a way that demonstrates that they don't even know that the chronological ordering of the Quran differs from the order in which it is printed. This is the level of commentator that is going to be impressed by some random Muslim-hating priest on YouTube.

"Abrogation" is something that is really only of concern to in-depth Islamic jurisprudence, or the online community of semi-educated Muslim-bashing hobbyists.
Ibrahim wrote:Specific cited quotations are necessary to support claims.

Well, Milo, you trotted it trotted it out. QED.

Cited quotations would come from primary texts, or perhaps commentary by respected scholars. Not posting random videos.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

LGi53TAOFXA
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

I'd like to see more primary sources and less youtube videos of random quacks or cranks talking.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Ibrahim wrote:I'd like to see more primary sources and less youtube videos of random quacks or cranks talking.
So provide them.. and stop whining.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Parodite wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:I'd like to see more primary sources and less youtube videos of random quacks or cranks talking.
I'm not whining, I'm asking for more of a challenge. I'm looking for a better class of bigot than is currently being provided.
Milo

Post by Milo »

Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:
I'm not whining, I'm asking for more of a challenge. I'm looking for a better class of bigot than is currently being provided.
In the entire time that you have posted, on 3 different boards that I know of, you have NEVER posted a source of any sort for anything.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Milo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:
In the entire time that you have posted, on 3 different boards that I know of, you have NEVER posted a source of any sort for anything.

You are a liar, Milo. I've posted suras from the Quran, and excepts from the works of Lewis and other authors, as well as simple links to wikipedia to inform people of the most basic historical outlines, on all three forums.

In short, you are telling a bald faced lie. Just as you lied when you claimed that I asked you not to respond to my posts, when if fact you elected to pretend I did not exist because I was always debunking your cut-and-paste racist propaganda.

Still searching for an intelligent bigot or racist. Maybe I'll find one someday.
Milo

Post by Milo »

Ibrahim wrote:
Milo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:

You are a liar, Milo. I've posted suras from the Quran, and excepts from the works of Lewis and other authors, as well as simple links to wikipedia to inform people of the most basic historical outlines, on all three forums.

In short, you are telling a bald faced lie. Just as you lied when you claimed that I asked you not to respond to my posts, when if fact you elected to pretend I did not exist because I was always debunking your cut-and-paste racist propaganda.
Then it should be easy for you to prove it.
Last edited by Milo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Milo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Milo wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Parodite wrote:

Than it should be easy for you to prove it.

Easily done.

I quote Lewis several times in this thread:
http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.ph ... is#p433266

In this thread I cite numerous historians regarding the Yarmuk campaign. (I was banned at some point during this thread, actually.)
http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=Lewis

Here I am citing the Quran:

http://spengler.atimes.net/viewtopic.ph ... ra#p436324

This is just a minute of searching over at SpengFor, but you are already discredited. You falsely claimed none, I've given examples. How many do you need?

Now retract your lie and apologize.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Sura 2:62:
As for the believers, for the Jews, the Christians and the Sabeans who believe in God and the Last Day, and who do righteous deeds - these have their wage with the Lord. No fear shall fall upon them, nor shall they grieve.
Of course, since the Quran is ultimately an account of what people do, think and feel, as also projected on the Godhead... the overal picture is all too human, i.e. mixed. Enightening new ideas and ways for the time, with the same old lavender on another day.

If however you put all those human aspects and behaviors into one box and tag it Mohammed or Allah, one cannot but conclude that the boxed character suffers from serious mood swings. It is what you can expect to happen if you lock him up!

Although some box themselves voluntarily:

“This world is a prison for the Faithful, but a Paradise for unbelievers”
- Mohammad

eipuJPgHFZk
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

AzariLoveIran wrote:LGi53TAOFXA
And he looks like Santa Claus. +1
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Parodite wrote:
Sura 2:62:
As for the believers, for the Jews, the Christians and the Sabeans who believe in God and the Last Day, and who do righteous deeds - these have their wage with the Lord. No fear shall fall upon them, nor shall they grieve.
Of course, since the Quran.....

The point of introducing this quote was to refute Milo's lie that I haven't cited any sources. Have successfully done that, I am not interested in your opinion of it. Your comments are based on nothing but your own biases, by your own admission.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
(youtube vid)

And he looks like Santa Claus. +1
I don't watch these youtube links most of the time, but I am aware of a number of rabbis or groups of rabbis who hold radical opinions, such as those strange ones who celebrate the Holocaust and pal around with Ahmadinejad at various anti-Semitic conferences. But it is instructive to note that one can, with little effort, find a few crazy rabbis who will say all sorts of things, and consider what this might mean for the value of other videos pertaining to other religions.

Peer-reviewed scholarship has its uses, to be sure.

Also, his beard is indeed very Santa-like. Crazy Muslim clerics tend to have beards more evocative of Gandalf, IMHO.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Ibrahim wrote:.
. . such as those strange ones who celebrate the Holocaust and pal around with Ahmadinejad at various anti-Semitic conferences.
Ibrahim , what is your definition of "anti Semite" ? ?

and

What is "anti semite"