Serbia

Azrael

Serbia

Post by Azrael »

Strauss-Kahn to Be Serbia's Economic Adviser

I am disgusted; but not all that surprised. Serbia is used to being treated like a whore. I guess this is the Stockholm effect in action.

I really hope they come to their senses and get some self respect.
cultivate a white rose
Endovelico

Re: Serbia

Post by Endovelico »

Azrael wrote:Strauss-Kahn to Be Serbia's Economic Adviser

I am disgusted; but not all that surprised. Serbia is used to being treated like a whore. I guess this is the Stockholm effect in action.

Maybe they have a regular supply of underage girls for the adviser...
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

That's probably the arrangement. The money he spends on underage hookers is probably propping up their economy.
cultivate a white rose
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Azrael wrote:.

Strauss-Kahn to Be Serbia's Economic Adviser

Serbs have very beautiful girls .. much better than Russian girls (Russian girls have a bit of that SLAVE look, a bit harsh and emotionless, Serbian girls are much more into it :) ) .. Strauss-Kahn will be @ the source .. the SOB smart guy

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I would guess that Strauss-Kahn is probably not the only man with a habit of using prostitute services.
Especially among the richer and more powerful... that is, those who can afford it.

Also, he is not the worse economist on the scene. It's under his leadership that the IMF published (February 2011) a plan to replace the US dollar as the world's foremost reserve currency, a quite sound idea indeed.
The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world's reserve currency.
The IMF said Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, could help stabilize the global financial system.
(...)
Dominique Strauss-Kahn, managing director of the IMF, acknowledged there are some "technical hurdles" involved with SDRs, but he believes they could help correct global imbalances and shore up the global financial system.
"Over time, there may also be a role for the SDR to contribute to a more stable international monetary system," he said.
The goal is to have a reserve asset for central banks that better reflects the global economy since the dollar is vulnerable to swings in the domestic economy and changes in U.S. policy.
(of course, under leadership of Strauss-Kahn's replacement Christine Lagarde, entering her job a mere three months afterwards, no further such dollar-replacement reports were issued by the IMF)

Bottom line for Serbia is that they get as government adviser a good economist with known and relatively common human weaknesses.

Not necessarily a bad deal.