Shots fired at the Capitol

Mr. Perfect

Re: Shots fired at the Capitol

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Endovelico wrote:From this side of the pond it looks like another example of excessive force being used in a situation where clearly no public person or institution was at risk. A mother of a 18 month old child was killed without any justification but the current police paranoia. I'm sure American citizens will feel now a lot more secure than before the incident...
That's a Democrat city for you.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

In all honesty where is the damning video. The video I saw she jumped a police blockade almost hitting officers and tore down the street. Now I'm not saying the shooting her was the best or only option, but she certainly put it on the table. Cars are far deadlier weapons than guns.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Juno wrote:
Enki wrote:Mr. Perfect and his Tea Party brethren have been telling us for a long time that if the electoral process doesn't go their way that they are going to start shooting people. Is this the beginning?

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... stody?lite
Tinker, I've made this same mistake. It was a lesson to me.

That poor woman did not commit a capital offense. There was no justification for those goons to use lethal force. I hope you will join me in calling for them to be tried for murder, or at a very minimum, manslaughter. I mean, if Obama had a daughter her age, she would look like that, do you agree?
Agreed.

I read an article, "Militants gun mother down in front of her child.", I thought it encapsulated the disconnect perfectly.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Maybe you can provide a link to that article as you prepare your apology.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

2nd hand info from a Secret Service vet of 10+ years...the Secret Service detail are calling the D.C. cops firing the shots "Takleberrys"...gun happy character from Police Academy movie. He said the CCTV showed she didn't "ram" the barrier by the White House, but at best bumped it. Oh, and at the second area of shooting by the Capital building she was literally already boxed in as barriers were up on both ends, so they had no need to keep shooting. Kind of restores my sense of sanity to know there are misgivings about this in at least the Secret Service.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Enki

Post by Enki »

cincinnatus wrote:2nd hand info from a Secret Service vet of 10+ years...the Secret Service detail are calling the D.C. cops firing the shots "Takleberrys"...gun happy character from Police Academy movie. He said the CCTV showed she didn't "ram" the barrier by the White House, but at best bumped it. Oh, and at the second area of shooting by the Capital building she was literally already boxed in as barriers were up on both ends, so they had no need to keep shooting. Kind of restores my sense of sanity to know there are misgivings about this in at least the Secret Service.
I agree.

It's funny because having seen how the DC police handle protests, it's so much less militant and insane than the NYPD, which makes the LAPD look like a bastion of restraint by comparison. I don't know why they went crazy that time.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Enki wrote:
cincinnatus wrote:2nd hand info from a Secret Service vet of 10+ years...the Secret Service detail are calling the D.C. cops firing the shots "Takleberrys"...gun happy character from Police Academy movie. He said the CCTV showed she didn't "ram" the barrier by the White House, but at best bumped it. Oh, and at the second area of shooting by the Capital building she was literally already boxed in as barriers were up on both ends, so they had no need to keep shooting. Kind of restores my sense of sanity to know there are misgivings about this in at least the Secret Service.
I agree.

It's funny because having seen how the DC police handle protests, it's so much less militant and insane than the NYPD, which makes the LAPD look like a bastion of restraint by comparison. I don't know why they went crazy that time.
They were afraid.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's interesting that a thread that started out impugning myself and the Teabaggers in murder is actually now turning into a Teabagger anti gubmint thread. Life is full of irony.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Juno wrote:I think he's embarrassed.
Looks like maybe not.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Anybody seen an apology from tinker yet.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Anybody see an apology?