The clash of civilizations | The new global axis of power?

This too shall pass.
Mr. Perfect

Re: The new global axis of power

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:
YMix wrote:Ah, so you back your silly assertion that France never fights back with a reference to present day gay marriage. :|
Homosexuality = cowardice, remember? We're talking about American conservative stereotypes here.
Aren't you stereotyping conservatives based on their stereotypes.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:You seem tremendously interested in everything I say ymix, you more than anyone else
So?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So let's just be honest about it. Then after the honesty bit we can explore it, why is it.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So let's just be honest about it. Then after the honesty bit we can explore it, why is it.
What does this have to do with the "new global axis of power"?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I don't know you inferred I was yawnworthy, I responded, you responded and here we are.

On topic the global axis of power is clearly US-France, I apologize I was wrong and you are right.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Your clownish exaggeration was yawnworthy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's not my clownish exaggeration. It was yours and I am learning to embrace it. When shown to be wrong I change course. Putin embarrassed himself on the world stage and the French are feared. I think we can put a bow on this thing.
YMix

Post by YMix »

My exaggeration regarding the Swiss-French thing was part of my point. Your OP claims that a simple war game is proof of encroachment. I brought up the Swiss war game as proof that it's not. You chose to focus on the military history of France.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

And you are totally right and I was totally wrong. Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory ymix. Or the other way around, I can never remember how that is supposed to be worded.
YMix

Post by YMix »

So you finally admit that the OP was dumb? Good to know.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I've been trying to tell you that for two pages. You were right and I was wrong. There is no reason to think anyone other than the US and France are the global axis of power.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:There is no reason to think anyone other than the US and France are the global axis of power.
Back to yawnworthy.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

You would think your victory would be met with triumph and exultation. Don't be a debbie downer.
YMix

Post by YMix »

What Do the Zapad 2013 Exercises Reveal? (Part One)

[...]

But the real scope of these operations did not end there. In Central Asia, a Russian-led multi-national exercise, Vzaimodeistiviye (“Mutual Action”), comprising forces of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) also took place at the same time (see EDM, September 26). Furthermore, Russia carried out concurrent joint exercises with Mongolia. And immediately after Zapad 2013’s conclusion, a Pacific Fleet exercise in Russia’s Primorye (Maritime) Province went forward, sending clear signals to China (FBIS SOV, September 7, 13; Suvorovskiy Natisk, September 7).

[...]
Central Asian encroachment. Mongolia is next.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I thought you were arguing that Russia is not a rising power.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

YMix wrote:
What Do the Zapad 2013 Exercises Reveal? (Part One)

[...]

But the real scope of these operations did not end there. In Central Asia, a Russian-led multi-national exercise, Vzaimodeistiviye (“Mutual Action”), comprising forces of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) also took place at the same time (see EDM, September 26). Furthermore, Russia carried out concurrent joint exercises with Mongolia. And immediately after Zapad 2013’s conclusion, a Pacific Fleet exercise in Russia’s Primorye (Maritime) Province went forward, sending clear signals to China (FBIS SOV, September 7, 13; Suvorovskiy Natisk, September 7).

[...]
Central Asian encroachment. Mongolia is next.
I don't know if all these weird foreign countries should even be allowed to have armies, let alone train those armies. Very disconcerting. Should probably build a few thousand more ICBMs, to be on the safe side.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I thought you were arguing that Russia is not a rising power.
I was arguing that one war game (because your article did not mention the others, lol) doesn't mean much by itself and that it's certainly not proof of encroachment.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Seems like ibs is disagreeing with you. Maybe this isn't going to how you planned it.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Seems like ibs is disagreeing with you. Maybe this isn't going to how you planned it.
You're avoiding my arguments and squirming. This is going exactly as it should. :D
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How is that possible. I already said you were right and I was wrong. Other people you seem to be having a hard time convincing, but when you're right you're right. Russia is plummeting on the world stage while OBAMA surges.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Keep it up, Mr. Perfect. Maybe people won't notice you have no arguments.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I would think that Russia would more concerned by the encroachment of China into Siberia.

Harvard Rev | Will China Colonize and Incorporate Siberia?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:Keep it up, Mr. Perfect. Maybe people won't notice you have no arguments.
Your arguments are my arguments. You won the debate. What else do you want me to do.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This thread is teetering on the edge of incivil.

Everyone should know better.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

A new Global axis of power; Putin on top

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's amazing to watch end times unfold before your eyes. Russia has long been assumed to be one of the end times players but it was hard to see how it would tie in to what will be a ME centric drama. Now it couldn't be clearer. Instead of an Eastern Europe centered federation gathering client states in the ME looks to be even better.

With it's existing portfolio of Iran and Syria as allies/client states, this pickup of Egypt not only adds to the Putin power play but really turns the page on the post 9-11 world. The old Western concern of a hostile and united ME rising up can be replaced with another concern, a Russian led coalition with appetites of it's own. With an already deballed Europe and a plummeting US President, Putin can fill the void without impedance.

We are now in a post Milo Doctrine world. It will end badly for people who live in nuclear strike target cities. New York for example.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6f10930c ... z2k7WzBtiH
The Russian foreign and defence ministers will travel to Egypt next week on a visit seen as signalling a growing rapprochement between the two countries as the military-backed authorities in Cairo reach out for new allies and seek to lessen dependence on Washington.

A Russian official spokesman said that Sergei Lavrov, the foreign minister, and Sergei Shoigu, the defence minister, would discuss issues touching on “military and technical co-operation” – seen as a Russian euphemism for arms sales.

Cairo’s relations with Washington, its primary aid donor and military supplier for four decades, have frayed since the coup in July that ousted the Islamist Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president.

As tensions with Washington increased over the summer, culminating in a US decision to withhold part of its annual $1.3bn in military aid, Egyptian officials started to hint that their country would seek a realignment in foreign relations.

Nabil Fahmy, the foreign minister, went to Moscow on one of his first trips abroad after the coup. The second of two “popular diplomacy delegations”, made up of intellectuals and public figures, is currently visiting Russia.

“Our government was always very apprehensive about the Muslim Brotherhood and might feel that with Abdel Fattah al-Sisi [the defence minister and de facto leader] in power, Egypt could resume its status as the leading Arab nation and help Russia restore its influence in the Middle East,” said Georgy Mirsky, a Mideast expert at the Institute of World Economy and International Relations at the Russian Academy of Sciences.

Though the US administration has been at pains to avoid labelling the change of leadership in Cairo a coup, criticism in Washington of the ousting of Mr Morsi unleashed in Egypt a torrent of nationalist and anti-US sentiment, amplified by a combative and partisan press. Some in the Egyptian media have gone as far as accusing President Barack Obama of close personal ties with Mr Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood.

Amid the nationalist frenzy and talk of US conspiracies against Egypt, rumours of an imminent visit by President Vladimir Putin – cast almost as a saviour coming to Cairo’s aid – began to circulate in the press and social media soon after the ousting of Mr Morsi.

But Badr Abdel Atty, Egypt’s foreign ministry spokesman, dismissed as “nonsense” any suggestion that Cairo sought “to replace one ally with another”. The strengthening relations with Russia, he said, were an attempt “to provide Egyptian political decision makers with alternatives in the national interest”.

“As far as Russia is concerned, we have had very strong historical relations since the fifties and sixties and we fought with Russian weaponry in the 1973 war [against Israel] ,” said Mr Abdel Atty. “So there is solid ground on which we can build for the future.”