Dance

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Typhoon

Dance

Post by Typhoon »

zau91aiQPDk
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Dance

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

NJe-CdWsICY

Futurism. Gotta love it.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: . . .

Futurism. Gotta love it.
Absolutely. Love prediction of the future from the past.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

K1Cfy4d9-to
ansuchin

Post by ansuchin »

Isan Dance in Khrua Vientienne. A decent restaurant in Sukhumvit. Great pong lang music. Lots of farangs, but we welcome you all. We really need your tourist money. The ant eggs an crocodile meat are quite nice. :D

yxD7U5yAX1s

Sword and Bird dance from Chiang Rai:

xmbfDqvCYnU
ความสงบ
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

aIX3ntiTV-g
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Pop Music Festival In São Paulo

cm7OJmvIrhs

:lol: :lol:

VohAxpboJAs

6JkJ1yjMKa4

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

interesting .. did not know one can inbed "vimeo" videos and how can be done .. interesting

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

6ydeY0tTtF4
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

interesting .. did not know one can inbed "vimeo" videos and how can be done .. interesting

Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo, and Youtube videos can be embedded.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NGdyaDnnrLM

35hCo_grAqw

nDOPNLzEFH0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

e4X5z8AQc3s

NKQyL9XCEA0
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

4h1ipObKYB4
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:4h1ipObKYB4
Anything that can't be made by flesh and bone dancers is not dancing, it's computer games... And, in fact, Norman McLaren is not a choreographer, he's a film maker. But it is visually interesting.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:4h1ipObKYB4
Anything that can't be made by flesh and bone dancers is not dancing, it's computer games...
Well, that's one perspective . . .
Endovelico wrote:And, in fact, Norman McLaren is not a choreographer, he's a film maker. But it is visually interesting.
Looked up Norman McLaren afer finding this work - impressed that this piece was created in 1968.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

8qOxWuh6UEY
orsWnYY0iLU
Antipatros

Post by Antipatros »

Love Lies Bleeding

http://www.albertaballet.com/page/elton/1000552
Love Lies Bleeding, a contemporary semi-abstract ballet set to 14 of the classic songs composed by Sir Elton John and Bernie Taupin will journey, through a series of theatrically dynamic tableaux, into the wild, dangerous and powerful world of pop music.

Set in a vast, dark and abandoned theatre littered with mementos, artefacts and the remembrances of its past glories, this ballet will poetically depict the dramatic landscapes of a monumental cycle of compositions which has deeply inspired billions of music lovers around the world.

Love Lies Bleeding will offer audiences an unadorned portrayal of the trials, the triumphs and the painful sacrifices made to attain and maintain the status of super stardom.

This major world premiere unites a powerful creative team of five designers with Alberta Ballet’s internationally acclaimed artistic director/choreographer Jean Grand-Maître.

Don’t miss your chance to be the first to experience the world premiere of Love Lies Bleeding, a ballet certain to rock the entire planet!
xuzZ6Y3LpvE

The preceding and three interview videos are collected here:

VIDEO: Showcasing Love Lies Bleeding

http://www.cbc.ca/live/video-showcasing ... eding.html

See also:

Be not too curious of Good and Evil;
Seek not to count the future waves of Time;
But be ye satisfied that you have light
Enough to take your step and find your foothold.

--T.S. Eliot
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Antipatros wrote:Love Lies Bleeding
Contemporary North American dance is so stereotyped and its language so predictable that I doubt it would be appreciated anywhere else in the world. At least not in Europe. Having said this, the dancers are very good, and they would deserve better choreographies.
Antipatros

Post by Antipatros »

Endovelico wrote:
Antipatros wrote:Love Lies Bleeding
Contemporary North American dance is so stereotyped and its language so predictable that I doubt it would be appreciated anywhere else in the world. At least not in Europe. Having said this, the dancers are very good, and they would deserve better choreographies.
I have no idea, and will take your word for it.

Anyone who would like to go beyond the brief snippets above may view more here.
Be not too curious of Good and Evil;
Seek not to count the future waves of Time;
But be ye satisfied that you have light
Enough to take your step and find your foothold.

--T.S. Eliot
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

rwgl4D4s-e4
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

ZkLrFpo0lHA
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

7vs-H7xLnrs
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

83EEIQFNedc