I DON'T PAY movement in Greece

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Enki

I DON'T PAY movement in Greece

Post by Enki »

tqeTGTU6FFg
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
AzariLoveIran

Re: I DON'T PAY movement in Greece

Post by AzariLoveIran »

somebody gotta pay, Enki

You mean "I DON'T BUT ANGELA PAYS" movement in Greece ? ?

Enki

Post by Enki »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

somebody gotta pay, Enki

*shrugs* It is what it is. The money men fucked up the monetary system. Just how it is.

I've been saying this is what's going to happen for years. ;) You been listening?

I told Mr. Perfect and Spengler years ago that if the money men erode the social contract, people will stop playing by the rules of that social contract. You don't owe me nothing? Well then, I don't owe you nothing.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Enki wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:.

somebody gotta pay, Enki

*shrugs* It is what it is. The money men fucked up the monetary system. Just how it is.

I've been saying this is what's going to happen for years. ;) You been listening?

I told Mr. Perfect and Spengler years ago that if the money men erode the social contract, people will stop playing by the rules of that social contract. You don't owe me nothing? Well then, I don't owe you nothing.

the million dollar question is, why Greece where it is ? ?

- Was wealth created but the society did not get it's fair share of it (Taxes not paid)

or

- Economy (entrepreneurs) could not create as much wealth as the society needed for a welfare state, labor demand

IMVVHO, the 2nd is true

Labor demand could not be met, so, the entrepreneurs took their capital and hid somewhere else and left the state to the dogs

noddy

Post by noddy »

the big question for a poor joe in greece is why the f*ck does he pay tax when his services are user pays and his tax money goes to making rich people richer.

this "i dont pay" is about toll roads and public transport and other symptons of the public private partnership corruption.

its quite simple for greek joe, banks go broke and taxes pay for local services, not the other way round and i agree.
ultracrepidarian
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

noddy wrote:.

the big question for a poor joe in greece is why the f*ck does he pay tax when his services are user pays and his tax money goes to making rich people richer.

this "i dont pay" is about toll roads and public transport and other symptons of the public private partnership corruption.

its quite simple for greek joe, banks go broke and taxes pay for local services, not the other way round and i agree.

AFAIK (as far as I know) , in Greece, nobody pays taxes (same in Italy)

so, no hurt feelin

noddy

Post by noddy »

http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... 47,00.html
This business owners' absolute refusal to pay any taxes resembles an uprising of the ownership class, rather than the working class, a rebellion of the self-employed business owners who have long been the backbone of Greek society. These are not the people who weaseled their way into Greece's oversized civil service; these are people who put their money in the private sector, working 12-hour days, seven days a week.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Excellente!!! I think thats a Greek word. I'm on Joe Greeks side.

The reversion to the mean continues.... as expected....

Within a year or so a lot more people will realize that those (politicians & voters) who believe in free lunches and square circles are irrational and that people who vote for politicians who promise the same are co-conspirators in their mutual misery and destruction.....

After a long period of self-delusion, the tuition costs are high.

Think I have seen this movie before...... time for the serious finger pointing to begin.....