Turnitinbot

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Doc

Turnitinbot

Post by Doc »

Noticed this user bot and got curious:

http://www.turnitin.com/
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Turnitinbot

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.
o_O
ultracrepidarian
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I thot u said Turing?.....'>>.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

noddy wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:My guess is no student is in any danger of getting busted for plagiarizing a OTNOT post.
o_O
The purpose of Turnitin is so professors and editors can upload term papers and submissions and have them screened for similarities to online postings. It's a way to catch students and authors who cut and paste the work of others.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:
o_O

The purpose of Turnitin is so professors and editors can upload term papers and submissions and have them screened for similarities to online postings. It's a way to catch students and authors who cut and paste the work of others.

:P
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?
I imagine it would compare two papers and give a percentage of the amount of the same content. For example if you took the common words between the two leaving out the obvious 'I' "the" 'of' ex-cetera there compared their placement then an instructor would know which papers to compare for content.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:But what if you changed the paper a bit, put it in quotes and wrote "Fixed" at the end? Would that work?
Turnitin gives a percentage of similarity score. Doing that might lower the percentage a bit, but would not eliminate flagging the plagarized document.

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

I'm so glad you people got my joke.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:I'm so disappointed you people didn't get my joke.{Fixed}
We got it Ymix. Unfortunately :P
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:I'm so glad you people DIDN'T get my joke.
fixed... ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:We got it Ymix. Unfortunately :P
:o

;)