Russian Orthodox church with 5 golden domes in central Paris

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Heracleum Persicum

Russian Orthodox church with 5 golden domes in central Paris

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The deal was sealed by Former President Nicolas Sarkozy.
His successor Francois Hollande’s government says it’s “determined” to see the monument erected

Look guys, why the west wants to stop Russia building a beautiful Russian Orthodox church with five golden domes in central Paris ? ?

Russians bought the land for $ 150 million 10 yrs ago and going to spend probably $ 200+ million for construction

What has this to do with NATO or Russian military buildup or these kind of lies ? ?

Reason West does not want Russia built a Russian Orthodox church with five golden domes in central Paris is West fears Russian culture

Where are the most beautiful Impressionist painting in the world, not in NY, not in Metropolitan Museum, not even in Paris .. but .. in
St. Petersburg Hermitage

And

B4 I forget, where are the most important post modernist painting in the world .. IN TEHRAN :D

Endovelico

Re: Russian Orthodox church with 5 golden domes in central P

Post by Endovelico »

In the not so far future only the Catholic and the Orthodox churches will remain from all Christian denominations. And probably they will come together again.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Putin loves to put his dick in many places and uses the ROC as a condom.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Parodite wrote:Putin loves to put his dick in many places and uses the ROC as a condom.
Great observation.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

At least it's not another mosque
Heracleum Persicum

Torchwood wrote:At least it's not another mosque

Pretty much all Spanish churches are built on Mosques

Interesting phenomena I recognized : all European Cathedrals, are "cold", SCAREY places, with all those "creators" on their exterior walls and very high and cold ceilings .. one get a cold scary feeling entering one .. question was WHY where they built that way ? .. a good (Jewish) friend explained, reason was, those Cathedrals were built to "scare" the commoners, the farmers into "submission", message being, be afraid of "all mighty", that guy with big sword on the top of the entrance and those creatures on the walls if you don't obey

In contrary, when one enters those Spanish mosque mesquitas in Cordoba and all over El Andaluse, one feels a sense of "tranquility" and peace .. in short, those mesquitas were a place to feel the "spirituality" and those cathedrals were the place to "FEAR" the almighty, this not so much a credit for Islam, but the culture and civilization of (IMO, Persian philosopher who brought to that time a deep culture and civilization), and, that is not a condemnation of Christianity but those "Phalange" Catholic mindset in "dark ages" of Europe

Drawing a line from Barcelona to Saragossa Madrid Lisboa, everything below that line is warm, happy, peaceful .. and .. everything above that line is cold, tryst and fearful

That is my observation after driving by car every inch of Iberian Peninsula 3 times last few yrs

In fairness, visiting Russian cathedrals in a few European cities, I had not same feeling as those Catholic cathedrals in many other European places

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:

Interesting phenomena I recognized : all European Cathedrals, are "cold", SCAREY places, with all those "creators" on their exterior walls and very high and cold ceilings .. one get a cold scary feeling entering one .. question was WHY where they built that way ? .. a good (Jewish) friend explained, reason was, those Cathedrals were built to "scare" the commoners, the farmers into "submission", message being, be afraid of "all mighty", that guy with big sword on the top of the entrance and those creatures on the walls if you don't obey

In contrary, when one enters those Spanish mosque mesquitas in Cordoba and all over El Andaluse, one feels a sense of "tranquility" and peace .. in short, those mesquitas were a place to feel the "spirituality" and those cathedrals were the place to "FEAR" the almighty, this not so much a credit for Islam, but the culture and civilization of (IMO, Persian philosopher who brought to that time a deep culture and civilization), and, that is not a contamination of Christianity but those "Phalange" Catholic mindset in "dark ages" of Europe

Drawing a line from Barcelona to Saragossa Madrid Lisboa, everything below that line is warm, happy, peaceful .. and .. everything above that line is cold, tryst and fearful

That is my observation after driving by car every inch of Iberian Peninsula 3 times last few yrs

In fairness, visiting Russian cathedrals in a few European cities, I had not same feeling as those Catholic cathedrals in many other European places

Entering the Great Mosque in Cordoba was one experience I will never forget. In my opinion the Catholic Church should give that mosque back to the Muslims in Spain and Turkey should be asked to give Hagia Sofia back to the Orthodox Church.
Heracleum Persicum

Endovelico wrote:

In contrary, when one enters those Spanish mosque mesquitas in Cordoba and all over El Andaluse, one feels a sense of "tranquility" and peace .. in short, those mesquitas were a place to feel the "spirituality" and those cathedrals were the place to "FEAR" the almighty, this not so much a credit for Islam, but the culture and civilization of (IMO, Persian philosopher who brought to that time a deep culture and civilization), and, that is not a contamination of Christianity but those "Phalange" Catholic mindset in "dark ages" of Europe

Entering the Great Mosque in Cordoba was one experience I will never forget. In my opinion the Catholic Church should give that mosque back to the Muslims in Spain and Turkey should be asked to give Hagia Sofia back to the Orthodox Church.

I always appreciated your view, Endo, and I fully second what you say

Turkey making out of that magnificent "Greek Orthodox patriarchal basilica" serving as an Eastern Orthodox cathedral and seat of the Patriarchate of Constantinople a ridiculousness poor mosque only brings a "disgrace" to all mosques, it should be given back to Greek Orthodox Church with a letter asking for forgiveness

The Church was dedicated to the Wisdom of God, the Logos, the second person of the Holy Trinity, its patronal feast taking place on 25 December, the commemoration of the Birth of the incarnation of the Logos in Christ. Although sometimes referred to as Sancta Sophia (as though it were named after Saint Sophia), sophia being the phonetic spelling in Latin of the Greek word for wisdom, its full name in Greek is Ναός τῆς Ἁγίας τοῦ Θεοῦ Σοφίας, "Shrine of the Holy Wisdom of God". Famous in particular for its massive dome, it is considered the epitome of Byzantine architecture and is said to have "changed the history of architecture." It remained the world's largest cathedral for nearly a thousand years, until Seville Cathedral was completed in 1520. The current building was originally constructed as a church between 532 and 537 on the orders of the Byzantine Emperor Justinian and was the third Church of the Holy Wisdom to occupy the site, the previous two having both been destroyed by rioters. It was designed by the Greek scientists Isidore of Miletus, a physicist, and Anthemius of Tralles, a mathematician.

The church contained a large collection of holy relics and featured, among other things, a 15-metre (49 ft) silver iconostasis. The focal point of the Eastern Orthodox Church for nearly one thousand years, the building witnessed the excommunication of Patriarch Michael I Cerularius on the part of Pope Leo IX in 1054, an act which is commonly considered the start of the Great Schism.

Amen

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

In contrary, when one enters those Spanish mosque mesquitas in Cordoba and all over El Andaluse, one feels a sense of "tranquility" and peace .. in short, those mesquitas were a place to feel the "spirituality" and those cathedrals were the place to "FEAR" the almighty, this not so much a credit for Islam, but the culture and civilization of (IMO, Persian philosopher who brought to that time a deep culture and civilization), and, that is not a condemnation of Christianity but those "Phalange" Catholic mindset in "dark ages" of Europe

Your impression might have been different in medieval times. People congregated outside the cathedrals in crowds with streets which served as sewers and were subject to early death from unknown causes. Inside the cathedrals were dozens of altars set up around the periphery, with multiple masses being said continually and simultaneously. They were vibrant and lively places. Poor people were rarely allowed into the cathedrals, much less intimidated. Alms were distributed on the steps.

Life itself was intimidating enough. Cathedrals were designed to protect the sacred space from human corruption, a holy and protective haven set apart from common life that one might aspire to.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:

Your impression might have been different in medieval times. People congregated outside the cathedrals in crowds with streets which served as sewers and were subject to early death from unknown causes. Inside the cathedrals were dozens of altars set up around the periphery, with multiple masses being said continually and simultaneously. They were vibrant and lively places. Poor people were rarely allowed into the cathedrals, much less intimidated. Alms were distributed on the steps.

Life itself was intimidating enough. Cathedrals were designed to protect the sacred space from human corruption, a holy and protective haven set apart from common life that one might aspire to.

Very much True ..

" People congregated outside the cathedrals in crowds with streets which served as sewers and were subject to early death from unknown causes "

Europe had no toilet until AFTER French revolution, 1789 .. not that there is no toilet in Versailles palace, but there is non in any European palaces of that time, no toilet in Schönbrunn Palace in Wien :) .. have not checked Buckingham Palace (yet)

Same with BATH .. Europeans did not wash themselves, hence "french perfume".

Not only Muslim had to wash themselves 5 times a day (each time B4 praying), but, Pomegranates had "public BATH" for 1000s of yrs, still today every neighborhood in Iran has public BATH

True, all that made traversing European streets of middle ages an adventure, balcony were used as toilet sh*ting down to the street (and wiping themselves with a hanging rope) .. Muslim El Andaluse brought toilet and BATH to Europe

and

IMO, there is a very profound reason why Christian Cathedrals are no place of Joy but Muslim Mosques a place of Joy, that goes to heart of Islam and Christianity

Christianity says we all sinners, Jesus paid and suffered for our sins .. hence, we must suffer and 4get about enjoying good things of life .. in that sense, Christianity "creates" a TRYST environment in life, hence tryst and fearful Cathedrals

On the other hand

Islam says, relaaax and enjoy life to the fullest .. no talk of any sin or paying for somebodies suffering etc .. visit Al Hambra than visit a Christian palace .. Al Hambra like being in Garden of Paradise, Christian Palaces a cold tryst place

This difference in Islam and Christianity very vivid in attitude re SEX.

Sex in Christianity is a (more and less) SIN .. sex should not be enjoyed but only a tool for making children .. puritan sex, or no sex at all

In Islam no talks at all about making children (in fact many teaching how to have sex and not make children :lol: ) .. in Koran, a woman's main job in life, main "assignment" is "provide enjoyment" to her husband .. enjoying life "explicitly" ordered in Islam .. hence, Mosques no place 2B tryst but happiness
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Cathedrals were designed to protect the sacred space from human corruption, a holy and protective haven set apart from common life that one might aspire to.
True, Christianity assume we all sinners, bad guys, "human corruption", hence "protective haven set apart from common life" .. Islam does not assume we all sinners, and, sets punishment for those ones who not a good guy and sin (could be said, not a religion of morality but a religion of clear cut laws :lol: .. forgiveness plays a central role in Christianity as we all sinners .. not so in Islam, you SIN (steal), you will be f*cked, wrist cut .. In Islam we all good guys, but must pay attention "devil" (Sheitaan) does not fool us (into sin), in Christianity we all sinners and must prove we not bad guys by accepting to "suffer" to prove we want to be a good guy

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

That was an amazing dumbfest of caricatures, HP.

I'm just sayin' look at 15th century architecture through 15th century eyes. It is interesting to follow the path of Christian architecture up to the present day and see how it has evolved along with the religion, but just dumping modern prejudices on ancient architecture isn't too productive.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:.

That was an amazing dumbfest of caricatures, HP.

I'm just sayin' look at 15th century architecture through 15th century eyes. It is interesting to follow the path of Christian architecture up to the present day and see how it has evolved along with the religion, but just dumping modern prejudices on ancient architecture isn't too productive.

:)

All I was trying to say, is, the architecture of each time mirrors the Zeitgeist, mindset, culture, philosophy of that time .. in middle age Europe was ruled by RCC, Christian church, and, above I explained how that RCC interpreted Christianity .. the architecture of that time created those cathedrals within that spirit .. I visited LUCCA, a real "depressing monument

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The tallest man-made structure on earth is the Burj Khalifa at 829.8m.

An impressive feat of engineering.

On the other hand, to put it in perspective, it's less than 1% to the edge of space.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

His successor Francois Hollande’s government says it’s “determined” to see the monument erected

Look guys, why the west wants to stop Russia building a beautiful Russian Orthodox church with five golden domes in central Paris ? ?

Russians bought the land for $ 150 million 10 yrs ago and going to spend probably $ 200+ million for construction

What has this to do with NATO or Russian military buildup or these kind of lies ? ?

Reason West does not want Russia built a Russian Orthodox church with five golden domes in central Paris is West fears Russian culture

Where are the most beautiful Impressionist painting in the world, not in NY, not in Metropolitan Museum, not even in Paris .. but .. in
St. Petersburg Hermitage
Debatable.
And

B4 I forget, where are the most important post modernist painting in the world .. IN TEHRAN :D

Ironic.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:The tallest man-made structure on earth is the Burj Khalifa at 829.8m.

An impressive feat of engineering.

On the other hand, to put it in perspective, it's less than 1% to the edge of space.
It's as beautiful as it is big. A wonder of the world.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:
Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

St. Petersburg Hermitage
Debatable.
And

Ironic.

A recovery the West has never forgiven Russia :)

Plain truth