Complaints

Code of conduct, technical issues and problems, suggestions, and/or complaints
Mr. Perfect

Re: The Tea Party vs. the GOP thread

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: This may sound unreasonable, however, the mods have actually have a life outside of their mod work on this board.

Once again, please note the top right "!" button which draws the mods attention to a post.

Please use it and send the mods a PM instead of whining off-topic in a thread.

One the other hand, one might think that you should be flattered that another poster bothered to describe your obsessive compulsion in labeling everyone and everything according to parochial US right vs left perceptions using such eloquent prose with reference to famous and/or influential historical figures. :wink:
Well, a personal surly attack can certainly be flattering, I did not intend to indicate otherwise. And there is actually a tremendously interesting topic within it that we may get to but,

the point rather is why there is some history of busy mods consistently stumbling across surly personal attacks from some people and not others. Just sayin.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Mr. Perfect wrote:.

.. why there is some history of busy mods consistently stumbling across surly personal attacks from some people and not others. Just sayin.

seconded :lol:

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: This may sound unreasonable, however, the mods have actually have a life outside of their mod work on this board.

Once again, please note the top right "!" button which draws the mods attention to a post.

Please use it and send the mods a PM instead of whining off-topic in a thread.

One the other hand, one might think that you should be flattered that another poster bothered to describe your obsessive compulsion in labeling everyone and everything according to parochial US right vs left perceptions using such eloquent prose with reference to famous and/or influential historical figures. :wink:
Well, a personal surly attack can certainly be flattering, I did not intend to indicate otherwise. And there is actually a tremendously interesting topic within it that we may get to but,

the point rather is why there is some history of busy mods consistently stumbling across surly personal attacks from some people and not others. Just sayin.
Bayesian probability using priors.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Complaints

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bias. Occam's razor.
Censorship isn't necessary
Heracleum Persicum

Where is Monster ? ? sort of missin him :)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Good observation. Hope that all is well with mg.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:

Sent mg e-mail but it bounced back.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I had an email for him, but I can't find it now. Anyone else have one for him?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

I had an email for him, but I can't find it now. Anyone else have one for him ?

I had also an email for him, can't find it

Sometimes, when one is on the road, one does not have time to post, happens to me sometimes .. but, Monster was always present

Hope he well

A very close friend of mine, month ago, phoned, we should go out for lunch, hr later, his wife phones and crying says he collapsed
dead, instead of lunch went for his funeral .. friends fallin dead left and right .. deleting so many from my addressbook that it's becoming scary

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Though his extreme politeness and puns might put some people off, it probably comes as no surprise to others that Monster Gardener is my favourite poster.

For starters, despite the frequent references to famous American made animated cartoons and popular songs and movies from the last half of the twentieth century, he appears to me to be among the few posters you run into these days who has actually read a lot of real books.

We share some reading experiences and have a similar sense of humour. It doesn't hurt that the target of his jokes tend to be the same people that I'd be targeting if I could tell a joke.

I sincerely hope that Monster Gardener is in good health and that he returns to entertain and enlighten us soon.
Marcus

Waste of time . . .

Post by Marcus »

Well, CS, you've bitched me out a couple times for inappropriate posts . . especially on the Philosophy forum. Check it out today . . :(

The deliberately provocative, childish nonsense currently posted there is, well . .
wreck.jpeg
wreck.jpeg (85.3 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Typhoon

Re: Waste of time . . .

Post by Typhoon »

Marcus wrote:Well, CS, you've bitched me out a couple times for inappropriate posts . . especially on the Philosophy forum. Check it out today . . :(

The deliberately provocative, childish nonsense currently posted there is, well . .
wreck.jpeg
Title of the thread you have in mind?
noddy

Post by noddy »

yo mamma, why she so fat and the metaphysical implications of her comly copiosity.

either that or religion ridicules in the blood sacrafice.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

That function that one can not see who is logged-in still not working .. repair comin ?

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

That function that one can not see who is logged-in still not working .. repair comin ?

Nope. It's available via the login/logout at the top right corner.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:

Nope Doesn't work. Also I am still getting logged out in the time it takes to write a longer post. If someone makes a post to the same thread while I am writing and get logged out everything I write gets lost unless I remember to save it outside the forum.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Nope Doesn't work. Also I am still getting logged out in the time it takes to write a longer post. If someone makes a post to the same thread while I am writing and get logged out everything I write gets lost unless I remember to save it outside the forum.
Well, that's a different issue.
I'm not sure what the issue is in your case. I do occasionally get logged out after making a post. However, the time limit on writing a post is set to infinity.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Well, that's a different issue.
I'm not sure what the issue is in your case. I do occasionally get logged out after making a post. However, the time limit on writing a post is set to infinity.
I noticed it a few months ago.
Endovelico

Re: France

Post by Endovelico »

TO EVERYBODY'S ATTENTION:

Typhoon has, once more, censured one of my posts. After having for several times called other people's ideas "looney tunes", he now censored one post in which I "dared" calling his statement on Sunnis and Shiites killing each other, a looney tune. Now we must be clarified: either calling another person's idea a looney tune is not admissible and thus is not admissible in any case - even if done by Typhoon - or it is admissible and this new act of censorship is inadmissible. But it seems our moderator gets a bit confused at times.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:
noddy wrote:fair enough, i cant really cant argue with this, its not russias fault it keeps attacking its neighbours and its frances fault because its run by the anglo's
One of the unintended consequences of the internet is that any looney tune can publish anything and gain an audience.

Also, pre-internet, one's crazy uncle was isolated to his own community, now such individuals can link up globally and achieve resonance.

The publishers are Zero Hedge, Infowars, and other such sites, are clever in this regard as they have figured out how to monetize this new phenomena.
That bit which I have coloured red, was not a general comment, it was aimed at comments made by Azari and by myself. Personally I have no problems with someone like Typhoon calling any of my ideas a looney tune, because he is so often off the mark that those comments are totally irrelevant. But then I want to have the same right to call some of his ideas looney tunes. But our mod seems to think he is above the rest of us...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:TO EVERYBODY'S ATTENTION:

Typhoon has, once more, censured one of my posts. After having for several times called other people's ideas "looney tunes", he now censored one post in which I "dared" calling his statement on Sunnis and Shiites killing each other, a looney tune. Now we must be clarified: either calling another person's idea a looney tune is not admissible and thus is not admissible in any case - even if done by Typhoon - or it is admissible and this new act of censorship is inadmissible. But it seems our moderator gets a bit confused at times.
If you're not happy with the moderation here and believe it to be too unfair and/or biased, you're quite welcome to find another forum to post.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:

If you're not happy with the moderation here and believe it to be too unfair and/or biased, you're quite welcome to find another forum to post.

Ibrahim was pissed off

and now Endo

soon we talking to the WALL

Aim of an Fora is have civilized talk .. and Endo one of most civilized, informed, to the point, factual, respectfull etc on this Fora .. he deserve better

Why not direct all the BS at Azari :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, CS .. be faire

And , don't 4get, a Fora is the "collective of the posters" .. Ibrahim was a treasure, Monster and Doc (and others) pissed him off with below the belt Islam-bashing, he left

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:

This Forum is a lot more than just you. There are people here with whom I like to exchange views and you have no right to decide on your own whether I'm welcome or not. You are authoritarian and intolerant of other people's views, and while I guess you are far too old to mend your ways, I would like to hear from the other members about this situation.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

This Forum is a lot more than just you. There are people here with whom I like to exchange views and you have no right to decide on your own whether I'm welcome or not. You are authoritarian and intolerant of other people's views, and while I guess you are far too old to mend your ways, I would like to hear from the other members about this situation.
We need more members, not fewer.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

We need more members, not fewer.

Yes, to have a viable, interesting debate with interesting subjects, fora needs more posters with different views .. personal sympathy (or lack of) should play no role as long as posters are polite and not personal and keep a certain level of debate.