The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

This too shall pass.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Look, guys , let's cut the crap

Syrian Kurds and Christians and secular westernized Sunni are the main supporters of Assad

‘ If the Kurds fall, then Assad will fall as well ’

That is why Turkey and America not defending Syrian Kurds (and Christians) .. America and Turkey are on ISIS side

Iran is defending Syrian Christians and Kurd :

Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham : “ Kobani is a part of Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and if this government makes a request and asks for any assistance, we are ready to help, ”

Doc, you have the mike :)

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Look, guys , let's cut the crap

Syrian Kurds and Christians and secular westernized Sunni are the main supporters of Assad

‘ If the Kurds fall, then Assad will fall as well ’

That is why Turkey and America not defending Syrian Kurds (and Christians) .. America and Turkey are on ISIS side

Iran is defending Syrian Christians and Kurd :

Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham : “ Kobani is a part of Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and if this government makes a request and asks for any assistance, we are ready to help, ”

Doc, you have the mike :)

Ok..... where do you want me to shove it?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:

China Just Overtook The US As The World's Largest Economy .. :lol:

Imagine, Doc, from Nixon in China to China overtaking America just 35 yrs

How many years you thinkin will take Iran :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:

I read in Russia today it would take 4 months. There after the Russian speaking part of Iran would go into revolt and demand independence.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Re: US losing the fight against ISIS

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: Since both approaches are ineffective, I can't see how one could be better than the other.
Nuclear Bombs worked very well against the Japanese. Very well.
Since 1980, writes Andrew Bacevich, the United States has invaded, occupied or bombed 14 nations in the Greater Middle East — Iran, Libya, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iraq, Somalia, Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Kosovo, Yemen, Pakistan and now Syria.

The cost: Tens of thousands of U.S. dead and wounded, trillions of dollars lost, hundreds of thousands of Muslim dead and wounded, millions of refugees, Christians foremost among them. And for what?

Are we better off now than we were 30 years ago, with the Middle East today on fire with civil, sectarian, tribal and terrorist wars?
http://www.unz.com/pbuchanan/can-americ ... years-war/
More proof that the Parodite-Wolfowitz-obama "strategy" can never work.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

kmich wrote:
Let’s bomb the Muslim world – all of it – to save the lives of its people.
"Saving the lives of it's people" is a secondary concern.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

I read in Russia today it would take 4 months. There after the Russian speaking part of Iran would go into revolt and demand independence.

You reading RT ? ? ? :lol: :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

You reading RT ? ? ? :lol: :lol:

No but it sounded about right. ;)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Iran and Russia to Syrian Kurds: Hurry up and die.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ghdad.html
Iraq asks for US ground troops as Isil threaten Baghdad

Islamic State jihadists move within eight miles of the Iraqi capital, sparking calls for America to return to the country

By Alastair Beach

6:18PM BST 11 Oct 2014

Iraqi officials have issued a desperate plea for America to bring US ground troops back to the embattled country, as heavily armed Islamic State militants came within striking distance of Baghdad.

Amid reports that Isil forces have advanced as far as Abu Ghraib, a town that is effectively a suburb of Baghdad, a senior governor claimed up to 10,000 fighters from the movement were now poised to assault the capital.

The warning came from Sabah al-Karhout, president of the provisional council of Anbar Province, the vast desert province to the west of Baghdad that has now largely fallen under jihadist control.

The province’s two main cities, Fallujah and Ramadi, were once known as “the graveyard of the Americans”, and the idea of returning there will not be welcomed by the Pentagon.

But were the province to be controlled by Isil, it would give their forces a springboard from which to mount an all-out assault on Baghdad, where a team of around 1,500 US troops is already acting as mentors to the beleaguered Iraqi army.

Iraqi government officials claim that while international attention has been focused in recent weeks on the Syrian border town of Kobane - where Kurdish fighters are still battling to keep advancing Isil gunmen at bay – Anbar province has been on the verge of collapse.

Government forces in the provincial capital Ramadi were holding out against the Isil offensive on Saturday, but US officials have warned that the city was in a “tenuous” position.

“I think it’s fragile there now,” said one senior US defence official, speaking to the AFP news agency. “They are being resupplied and they’re holding their own, but it’s tough and challenging.”

The surge of jihadi activity has also led to speculation that the group’s operation in Kobane was part of an elaborate decoy mission orchestrated by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the Isil ’caliph’.

Observers point out that while the capture of Kobane would not greatly increase Isil’s military clout, the capture of Ramadi or other cities in Anbar would be catastrophic both for the Iraqi government and Western hopes of attempting to contain the group.

Most of the Euphrates valley – which runs south east from Turkey through Syria, into Iraq and towards the capital – is now under Isil control. Were Ramadi to fall, jihadi commanders would control a vital supply chain running from Baghdad directly back to their Syrian headquarters in Raqqa. They would also control the Haditha dam, the second largest in Iraq.

“It’s not a good situation,” admitted one US official.

The region of Anbar remains haunted by the ghosts of America’s 2003 invasion. It was there, a year after the war started, that US troops fought the infamous Battle of Fallujah, an attempt to root out extremists which was described as one of the most brutal urban conflicts for American marines since Vietnam.

Anbar was also the cradle of the so-called “Sunni Awakening” movement – an attempt by the US to prise Sunni tribal chiefs away from the influence of Islamist insurgents wreaking havoc on occupation troops.

Many had sided with Sunni jihadists due to fears of being sidelined under a government of Shia Muslims, but were won over by power deals or payment.

Their disillusionment over recent years is one of the reasons why Isil, a Sunni group, has found such favour across vast swathes of Iraq.

If Barack Obama were to sanction a return of American troops to the province, it would mark a seismic shift in strategy. Following the bloody nine-year campaign initiated by his predecessor, George W. Bush, the US president made it a cornerstone of his administration’s policy to bring American troops home from the Middle East.

Iraq’s new prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, has repeatedly refused to countenance the return of foreign troops, while the White House itself has so far stuck to a selective campaign of air strikes, which launched six missiles against Isil forces on Friday and Saturday.

But rather than silencing calls for a boots-on-the-ground operation, the campaign has so far served to expose the limits of air power against a well-drilled army of battle-hardened militants.

Jets belonging to the US-led coalition have so far launched nearly 2,000 air strikes against Isil targets, dropping hundreds of bombs on convoys, encampments and other jihadi positions.

And yet still the group’s gunmen march on – both in Kobane and throughout Anbar province. It emerged on Saturday that one of the reasons why they were having only a limited effect was because of the lack troops on the ground to gather intelligence on targets and then guide the strikes in using laser technology.

Speaking to the Daily Beast website, US pilots warned that air strikes were being compromised as a result.

“The problem,” noted one pilot, “is that once you get American boots on the ground… one of those guys gets captured and beheaded on national TV.”

This week US Apache helicopters were forced to launch airstrikes against militants west of Baghdad, while yesterday a suicide bomber detonated his explosives belt in a northern Baghdad market, killing 11 people.

Some Iraqi officials believe an Isil assault to take Baghdad is still unlikely, given that around 60,000 government security personnel, including soldiers, police officers, and militiamen, are currently in position outside the city. But other satellite towns have already fallen, giving Isil launching points for suicide attacks and other assaults designed to spread panic among the capital’s residents.

“It’s not plausible at this point to envision Isil taking control of Baghdad, but they can make Baghdad so miserable that it would threaten the legitimacy of the central government,” said Richard Brennan, a former US department of defence policymaker.
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/14 ... ex-slaves/
ISIS jihadists offer Islamic justification for taking thousands of Yazidi women as sex slaves

Richard Spencer, The Telegraph | October 14, 2014 2:01 AM ET
More from The Telegraph
In this photo taken Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014, a 15-year-old Yazidi girl captured by ISIS and forcibly married to a militant in Syria sits on the floor of a one-room house she now shares with her family after escaping in early August.

AP Photo/Dalton BennettIn this photo taken Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014, a 15-year-old Yazidi girl captured by ISIS and forcibly married to a militant in Syria sits on the floor of a one-room house she now shares with her family after escaping in early August..

ISIS jihadists have tried to justify seizing thousands of Yazidi women in northern Iraq and offering them to fighters as sex slaves.

When stories of mass murder and enslavement first emerged in August there were suggestions they might be exaggerated.

Now, however, researchers who have talked to survivors and imprisoned women on hidden mobile phones believe that up to 5,000 men may have been shot dead and bulldozed into mass graves, and 7,000 women held in detention centres to be offered as slaves.

After capture, the Yazidi women and children were then divided according to the Sharia amongst the fighters of the Islamic State
Moreover, the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham has not only admitted taking the women, but issued a lengthy theological justification.

“After capture, the Yazidi women and children were then divided according to the Sharia amongst the fighters of the Islamic State,” says a new article in their English-language online magazine Dabiq.

When the jihadists attacked areas occupied by Yazidis, the West’s attention focused on tens of thousands of refugees who crowded the barren hills of nearby Mount Sinjar. But thousands more were captured in nearby villages.

AHMAD AL-RUBAYE/AFP/Getty Images

AHMAD AL-RUBAYE/AFP/Getty ImagesIraqis Yazidis, who fled their homes when Islamic State militants attacked the town of Sinjar, gather inside a building under construction where they found refuge on August 10, 2014 in the Kurdish city of Dohuk in Iraq's autonomous Kurdistan region. .

“My 13-year-old sister was separated from my family,” said one man, Ahmed Naif Qasem, who is staying in the town of Ba’adre. His parents, wife and extended family were seized from their home in Snuny, near Sinjar, and taken over the Syrian border to be converted to Islam at gunpoint.

When the family returned, his sister and his wife had been taken away. His wife was later allowed to rejoin her family after having been “treated badly,” but no one had seen his sister since.

What has happened to the women has been relayed in a series of phone calls from families, and in some cases by women and girls who managed to escape.

Bakat Khalaf, 60, another refugee in Ba’adre, said his 13-year-old niece had escaped seven weeks after being “taken away” but had so far been too distressed to describe what had happened to her. “She just cries when she tries to speak,” he said. Others escapers have told of being “married” to older jihadi leaders, in some cases raped, and made to watch acts of barbarity. Such stories have been confirmed by researchers from the United Nations. Matthew Barber, a scholar of Yazidi history at the University of Chicago who was in Kurdistan as the assaults happened, said he had a list of 4,800 names of women and children being held captive.

“In every place where Yazidi women or families are held, jihadists come and randomly select women that they take away,” he added. “A final total above 7,000 is perfectly feasible.”

The town of Tal Afar alone is thought to hold around 3,500 women and children in five detention centres. Others are being held in Mosul.

Much of the ISIS newsletter is devoted to theological justifications for the jihadists’ behaviour, citing the practices of the Prophet Mohammed and his Companions.

The article about the Yazidis, entitled “The Revival of Slavery before the Hour,” says that “well-known” rules are observed, including not separating mothers from their children.

The Dabiq article does not specifically say women are being sold for sex, but it says taking a maid as a concubine helps men avoid the sin of adultery, or of being alone with an unrelated woman. An open letter to ISIS by Islamic scholars last month took them to task over the Yazidis, insisting that: “The reintroduction of slavery is forbidden in Islam. It was abolished by universal consensus.”

The figures for men killed as ISIS took their villages are reminiscent of the Srebrenica massacre in the Bosnian civil war. The UN’s report says 250-300 men were killed in Mr Khalaf’s village, Hardan, including 10 by beheading; another 400 were gunned down in the village of Khocho; another 200 civilians were killed by ISIS shelling them as they left the village of Adnaniya; as another group of refugees reached the village of Qiniyeh, the men were separated from the women and children, and 70 to 90 of them were lined up by a ditch and shot.

On another road, witnesses reported dozens of bodies left behind, including those of four elderly men with disabilities, who had been shot dead.

In some massacres, the bodies were bulldozed into mass graves, survivors told The Daily Telegraph. In others, men were herded into Yazidi temples that were then blown up.

Mr Barber and Kurdish representatives said researchers believed 3-5,000 men had been killed.

The Yazidi religion is an offshoot of Zoroastrianism, and Yazidis are described as “devil-worshippers” by ISIS.
Heracleum Persicum

DT2GS1iyyUY
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Who is winning, who is losing, anyone know? Are we still fighting?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Never miss a chance for a small propaganda video, especially when you're digging a dumb IS fight out of rubble. Somebody posted a translation on another forum, so I'm reposting this here.

HP1lfgHp__4

0:00-0:26 - In the name of God, the most Merciful [...] I am a member of [brigade name], here we are fighting the IS, and God willing we will not let you take Ayn Arab [Kobane] and we are coming back to take all the land you have occupied. We are here in the east of Kobane where we have killed several IS and taken others captive.

0:48-1:49 - [Camera guy talking to FSA soldier digging around IS guy] "So he is your enemy, why are you going to free him from the rubble?" "First of all, I am [name] from [brigade], we want to show people what we are, and what they are. We want to show that we are not against human rights, we are helping this human...look at him, lift your head! This is a member of IS who was fighting us, we are not going to treat him [captive] the way they treat us [captives taken by IS]. We are going to dig him out of the rubble and send him to a hospital, and let him return to his family, so people know what they are and what we are. We of [brigade] are not against human rights [while pulling the IS guys hair up to make his face show]. Look, look at them coming to our country, to our lands, what brought you all the way here? What lie did Baghdadi tell you to make you come here? Say a few words to the camera before I get you out of here.

1:50-2:25 - [IS guy] "What can I say, by God, I'm too dazed" "Speak, speak a few words from your conscience, about how you would treat us in this situation and how we are going to treat you." [IS guy speaking incomprehensibly] "Getting me out of the rubble...many thanks to them, thank God..." "How do we behave and how do you behave?!" "...there is a difference..." "Is it a big difference?!" "A lot..." [Camera guy speaking] "Where are you from?" "I am from Tabqa." "What is your name?" "Abu Hamza al Tabqawi" "Your real name! Your real name!" "My name is Abdul Hadi.." "Abdul Hadi what?" "Mohammed..." "You are [part of] the new members that were sent from Tabqa?" "Yes.."

2:26-2:38 - [Soldier guy talking to audience now] "Look, look at him, people, people, is this a human?" [While showing his hair] "On your faith, is this a human?" [Cameraman] "Not really". [As camera pans out to show FSA soldier again] "And look at how nice we are!"

2:40-2:59 - [Camera man] "We are [brigade name] and we are going to rescue this IS captive from the rubble. The IS which talks about Islam all the time and yet left their friend here under the rubble, Islam which states not to leave your friends and comrades behind, but here they are leaving their comrade behind and running away".
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:Never miss a chance for a small propaganda video, especially when you're digging a dumb IS fight out of rubble. Somebody posted a translation on another forum, so I'm reposting this here.
Yes they are much too kind to the animal. Why are they making such a big deal about saving it.
HP1lfgHp__4

0:00-0:26 - In the name of God, the most Merciful [...] I am a member of [brigade name], here we are fighting the IS, and God willing we will not let you take Ayn Arab [Kobane] and we are coming back to take all the land you have occupied. We are here in the east of Kobane where we have killed several IS and taken others captive.

0:48-1:49 - [Camera guy talking to FSA soldier digging around IS guy] "So he is your enemy, why are you going to free him from the rubble?" "First of all, I am [name] from [brigade], we want to show people what we are, and what they are. We want to show that we are not against human rights, we are helping this human...look at him, lift your head! This is a member of IS who was fighting us, we are not going to treat him [captive] the way they treat us [captives taken by IS]. We are going to dig him out of the rubble and send him to a hospital, and let him return to his family, so people know what they are and what we are. We of [brigade] are not against human rights [while pulling the IS guys hair up to make his face show]. Look, look at them coming to our country, to our lands, what brought you all the way here? What lie did Baghdadi tell you to make you come here? Say a few words to the camera before I get you out of here.

1:50-2:25 - [IS guy] "What can I say, by God, I'm too dazed" "Speak, speak a few words from your conscience, about how you would treat us in this situation and how we are going to treat you." [IS guy speaking incomprehensibly] "Getting me out of the rubble...many thanks to them, thank God..." "How do we behave and how do you behave?!" "...there is a difference..." "Is it a big difference?!" "A lot..." [Camera guy speaking] "Where are you from?" "I am from Tabqa." "What is your name?" "Abu Hamza al Tabqawi" "Your real name! Your real name!" "My name is Abdul Hadi.." "Abdul Hadi what?" "Mohammed..." "You are [part of] the new members that were sent from Tabqa?" "Yes.."

2:26-2:38 - [Soldier guy talking to audience now] "Look, look at him, people, people, is this a human?" [While showing his hair] "On your faith, is this a human?" [Cameraman] "Not really". [As camera pans out to show FSA soldier again] "And look at how nice we are!"

2:40-2:59 - [Camera man] "We are [brigade name] and we are going to rescue this IS captive from the rubble. The IS which talks about Islam all the time and yet left their friend here under the rubble, Islam which states not to leave your friends and comrades behind, but here they are leaving their comrade behind and running away".
YMix

Post by YMix »

Daash = the Islamic State
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Heracleum Persicum

“extremist and racist” ideology of Saudi Wahhabis is the root cause of ISIS

ISIS terrorists are brainchild of Saudi Wahhabis, who excommunicate both Shia and Sunni Muslims.

Pointing to the foreign support for the ISIS terrorists, he said, “Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey supported the terrorists in Syria and Iraq.”

Maliki added that Turkey was one of the countries that meddled in the domestic problems of Syria, Iraq, Egypt and Libya, and is currently witnessing the consequences of this interference in its own internal situation.

He commended Iran’s influential role in the regional developments in ideological, political and economic terms, saying that the Islamic Republic has played a leading role in the preservation of the geographical borders of the region.

Maliki further pointed to the US-led airstrikes against the ISIS terrorists in Iraq and Syria and emphasized that security would not be restored by using military aircraft.

He said security can be only established through intelligence efforts and deploying fighters on the ground.

“The US cannot bombard terrorism,” the Iraqi vice president pointed out, adding that the US security theory is a failure.

“This US coalition has one problem: it is not based on an international decision and the Iraqi parliament’s consent and has been based on political calculations, whose dimensions will be revealed in future,” Maliki said.

seconded

noddy

Post by noddy »

its no conspiracy that all the radical schools are wahabbi funded, its just basic fact :/

damn shame we have anything todo with them.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

Jihadists in Syria write home to France: 'My iPod is broken. I want to come back'

Letters from French jihadists home to their parents have revealed the misery, boredom and fear suffered by Islamist recruits as the gloss fades from their big adventure.

In a series of letters seen by Le Figaro newspaper, some of the 376 French currently fighting in Syria have begged for advice on how to return. Others have complained that, rather than participating in a noble battle, they have been acting as jihadi dogsbodies.

"I've basically done nothing except hand out clothes and food," wrote one, who wants to return from Aleppo. "I also help clean weapons and transport dead bodies from the front. Winter's arrived here. It's begun to get really hard."

Another writes: "I'm fed up. They make me do the washing up."

One Frenchman whinged that he wanted to come home because he was missing the comforts of life in France.

"I'm fed up. My iPod doesn't work any more here. I have to come back."

A third wrote fearfully: "They want to send me to the front, but I don't know how to fight."

Others were concerned, more prosaically, about the nationality of their baby, which was born in Syria and so not recognised by the French state.

And Le Figaro said that, among Islamist commanders, it had been noticed that some of the French were beginning to want to leave. One Frenchman was rumoured to have been beheaded when he explained to the emir that he wanted to follow his friend who had already left.

"Everyone knows that, the longer these people stay there, the worse it will be because having watched or committed attrocities, they become ticking time bombs," said one lawyer, quoted in Le Figaro.

"But, when it comes to having a discussion about whether France is ready to accept repentants, no politician is willing to take the risk. Imagine if one of these ex-jihadis is involved subsequently in an attack?"

A group of lawyers in France are acting on behalf of the families of the young people to try and persuade the state to allow the jihadis to return. They told the newspaper that they are trying to make discrete contact with the anti-terrorist police, the directors of internal security and the office of the interior minister, Bernard Cazeneuve.

The lawyers said that nothing is ever agreed in advance, on behalf of the jihadis - and the advice is always: "Present yourself at the French consulat in Istanbul or Erbil (in Iraq). And then we will see."

Of the approximately 100 jihadists who have returned to France, 76 are in prison.

And the report said that Britain was known as the global leader in reforming jihadists - so much so that some within the French system were asking to be seconded to MI5 - "famed for their art of debriefing".

"Within the secret services, it's said that British jihadis are more interesting because they have a higher intellectual level than their French colleagues, who are more often donkeys," one expert told the paper.

The story of the French jihadis has parallels with that of an Indian man who spent six months fighting alongside Isis in Iraq, before becoming disillusioned with his job cleaning toilets, and returning to Mumbai.

Majeed, 23, was one of four young Muslim men from Kalyan, a city east of Mumbai, known to have journeyed to the Middle East to join the extremist outfit.

"There was neither a holy war nor any of the preachings in the holy book were followed," Majeed is quoted as saying during his interrogation. Islamic State "fighters raped many women there," he reportedly said.
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

I thank Iran for the assist.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Isis beheads 4 Christian children in Iraq for refusing to convert to Islam claims 'Vicar of Baghdad'
By Jack Moore - December 8, 2014 13:35 GMT

Islamic State (IS) militants have beheaded four Christian children in Iraq for not converting to Islam, according to one of the only Christian leaders in the country.

British vicar Canon Andrew White, based in Baghdad, claimed the beheadings occurred in a Christian enclave near Baghdad after IS took control.

"Things were bad in Baghdad, there were bombs and shootings and our people were being killed, so many of our people fled back to Nineveh, their traditional home," he told the Orthodox Christian Network.

"It was safer, but then one day, Isis – Islamic State. They came in and they hounded all of them out. They killed huge numbers, they chopped their children in half, they chopped their heads off, and they moved north and it was so terrible what happened."

White revealed the threats made by IS to the Christians, giving the ultimatum that they convert to Islam or face death.

He said: "They said to one man, an adult: 'Either you say the words of conversion to Islam or we kill all your children.'

"He was desperate, he said the words. And then he phoned, me and said: 'Abouna [Father], I said the words, does that mean that Yesua [Jesus] doesn't love me any more?' I said, "Yesua still loves you, he will always loves you.""

He then detailed how the four young Christians boys were killed by the terror group.

"Islamic State turned up and said to the children, you say the words that you will follow Mohammed," White said.

"The children, all under 15, four of them, said no, we love Yesua, we have always loved Yesua, we have always followed Yesua, Yesua has always been with us.

"They said: 'Say the words.' They said: 'No, we can't.' They chopped all their heads off. How do you respond to that? You just cry."
Shouldn't we be considering using neutron bombs on these guys?...

Just kidding, am I?...
Endovelico

Freedom of the Press as understood by some Muslim Countries

Post by Endovelico »

Obviously not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that most Muslims are afraid of terrorists. That's what feeds Islamophobia...
Doc

Re: Freedom of the Press as understood by some Muslim Countr

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:Image

Obviously not all Muslims are terrorists, but it seems that most Muslims are afraid of terrorists. That's what feeds Islamophobia...
The idea of terrorists is indeed to terrorize Islamic people as much as anyone else.
YMix

Post by YMix »

The War Nerd.
The War Nerd: Why did Mohammed Emwazi become Jihadi John?
By Gary Brecher

Everybody knows by now that Jihadi John, that masked man with the bowie knife and the London accent, is actually Mohammed Emwazi, a rich boy from Maida Vale, one of the poshest neighborhoods in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Why, oh why, would a rich boy from a nice home go on to make snuff movies? That’s the whine you hear from the press. As always, first thing to do is question the question; why wouldn’t he? He’s famous, isn’t he? The hero of his own movie, “and the papers want to know whose shirts he wears,” as the feller said. It’s a classic male fantasy, and gore is a classic feature of those fantasies. What astonishes me is that so few middle- and upper-class Muslim kids are succumbing to it.

True, Mr. Emwazi is unlikely to spend his thirtieth birthday aboveground, but that idea probably doesn’t register with him. It usually doesn’t, with young males who catch Protagonism. And Emwazi has a bad case. According to Islamic State defectors, he gets the full velvet rope treatment, second only to the self-crowned caliph, Al Baghdadi, on IS’s A List, which features pretty much the same stuff you get on the Western A-List: Blacked-out SUVs, an endless supply of concubines, and a camera crew following your every move.

In other words—and it’s laughable, mang, that I even have to say this—in other words, Emwazi isn’t a victim. There are lots of victims in his rise to stardom, Kurds and Shia and Yazidii, but this vain fool isn’t a victim.

[...]

This gets us down to the accursed business of profiling. Like I’ve said before, it’s very hard to make anything like a “foreign-fighter” profile, because the variations, country to country and even city to city, are huge. There are contingents like the guys from Derna in Libya who are classic poor, tough, rebel kids, and then there are the Saudis, who tend to be pampered rich kids raised on Wahaabi bigotry.

There are bored Belgians, sick of living in a world where everything is permitted and eager for some macho authoritarianism, and Tunisian men who’ve never had a decent job and are happy to make some money carrying a gun and scaring the rich, snotty, cosmopolitan, bikini-wearing, beachfront French-speaking elite back in Tunis.

There are, believe it or not, ex-cops from North Carolina with an interest in bodybuilding, and rich kids from Egypt, also with an interest in bodybuilding; there are Australian pimps and thugs, and a lot of ordinary young men, quasi-jocks, the middle of the curve. Almost the only common feature of all these profiles is that they hark back to a day when men ruled and women obeyed; beyond that, it’s impossible to get much of a fix on the whole miscellany of dreams and grudges pouring into Syria.

If we narrow it down to UK volunteers going to Islamic State, you get a more manageable sample, but not one that helps understand Jihadi John much. Most UK volunteers are from Pakistani or Bangladeshi families, rather than Kuwaiti like Emwazi.

[...]

So what’s going on with the Yemen link? Yemen is poor, tough, desperate, “unspoiled” in the very worst sense of the word. It’s the Old Testament, where girls are given away at an early age and clan hatred is law—which is why it would do America’s Christians a world o’ good to spend some time there, especially as a village girl. Atheism would be rampant the very moment they stepped outside the security zone in Oklahoma City.

[...]
I heartily agree with that last paragraph.