Kurdistan

Endovelico

Kurdistan

Post by Endovelico »

Kurdistan, maybe the only hope for a modern, secular Muslim country in the Middle East.

Kurdish women fighters.
Azrael

Re: Kurdistan

Post by Azrael »

Possibly; but what about Tunisia?
cultivate a white rose
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Kurdistan could become the Muslim's version of Israel, minus the religious fringe and minus Israeli aggressiveness. Unfortunately a reactionary Turkey is doing all it can to prevent a Kurdish state from coming into existence. Time for Europe and the US to give the idea of Kurdistan its full backing.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

2EnWzbQ-qok

A different way of being Muslim. It may be crazy, but I feel incredibly proud of those girls. For those who mock revolution, maybe they should realize that the aim of revolution is to make builders out of predators. Those girls in the video are helping achieving that... I hope they all survive...
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

!Viva Kobane!
cultivate a white rose
Typhoon

Kurdistan

Post by Typhoon »

VOA | Biden: US Recognizes Kurdish Threat to Turkey

Isn't there anyone of influence in the US State Department that understands any regional conflict?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote:.

VOA | Biden: US Recognizes Kurdish Threat to Turkey

Isn't there anyone of influence in the US State Department that understands any regional conflict ?

A yr B4 Shah fell, Carter in Tehran said Iran was the symbol of security and tranquility, praising Shah.

Now published evidence show, same time Carter was saying this to Shah, he was preparing Shah's fall.

Meaning, Turkey should pay attention, West could be warming up to a Kurdish Nation .. if so, Turkey would be the biggest loser .. Iran could be even a winner.

Maybe, next is KSA/Turkey to fall.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Typhoon wrote:VOA | Biden: US Recognizes Kurdish Threat to Turkey

Isn't there anyone of influence in the US State Department that understands any regional conflict?
From the article, this gem by Biden: "(Islamic State fighters) are not the only existential threat to the people of Turkey. The PKK is equally a threat"

By the same principle: "Iran is not the only existential threat to Syria. The Islamic State is equally a threat"
Or: "Turkey is not the only existential threat to Saudi Arabia. Iran is equally a threat"

... the reality of course is that IS is not a threat at all to Turkey. It's an ally of convenience, against Kurds.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

- Geographically:

- Demographically, we're speaking of close to 30 million people. An imprecise estimate, population in all concerned countries is not exactly known, fact which I can imagine must be compounded by mixed marriages... probably more than a few Turks / Iranians / etc. count both Kurds and non-Kurds in their ancestors.

- Militarily, Syria's and Iraq's Kurds have won victories against the I.S. They benefited from US and allied air support, but those victories were theirs nonetheless. There would seem to be better military performance among them than among most other Middle-Easterners.

- From the human point of view, Syria's Kurds are the only rebel group who respects minorities - e.g. Christians. Reason why Assyrian Christians are fighting along them against the I.S. While Iraq's Kurds have welcomed Christian and Yezidi civilians fleeing persecution by I.S. Acting this way, these Kurds are giving themselves a good name.

Some Kurdish militias in Iraq / Syria include women fighters. Which clarifies even further where these Kurds are standing regarding the interpretation of Islam as a jihadist ideology.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Alex, beauty of the above map is, Kurds "ethnically" neither Arab (In Iraq), nor Turk, but Persian

Kurd, Azarbaijan, Taleshi (northers Iran, Caspian) are same "genetic thread" .. Kurdish language is "Pahlavi Persian", Original Persian language .. "MED & PARTH" comet to mind :D
Hmmm yes. They are Pomegranates, just as much as Brits are Germans. Or Swedes are British.
Or French are Italians. Just as Brazilians.

But of course, all people speaking a Germanic language should be recognized as same "genetic thread" as Germany, which is their true Mother country.
Hey, ye Americans of English language, you heard that? In fact, you're Krauts! And them Froggies are Romans! :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

:lol:

Quite.
_____

The US supporting a ally-in-name-only, Turkey, against the Kurds reminds me of the US supporting the reestablishment of colonial occupation of SE Asia by the Dutch, French, and British after WWII.
And we all know how well that turned out . . .

As Iraq is a completely artificial construct, it only makes sense that the Kurds have their own independent nation.

The US, by again being clueless fuckw*ts with regards to regional history and politics, are only making the situation worse.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:Re Kurd, not sure how deep your knowledge is regarding Kurds, but, a quick look @ WiKi tell all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurds
They are culturally and linguistically closely related to the Iranian peoples[45][47][48] and, as a result, are often themselves classified as an Iranian people.
Which was precisely my point, HP :)

Kurdish is an Indo-European language of the Iranian subgroup. Just like English, Dutch, Swedish are from the Germanic subgroup.

And I agree with you: Kurds are Iranians in fact... Just as much as English-speaking Americans and Brits are in fact Germans! :lol:

I'm sure quite a lot of our American contributors will be delighted to recognize below the rightful leader of their country. Hey, MG, Mr P, Simple Minded, y'all guys, you copy? :lol:

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:
And I agree with you: Kurds are Iranians in fact... Just as much as English-speaking Americans and Brits are in fact Germans! :lol:

I'm sure quite a lot of our American contributors will be delighted to recognize below the rightful leader of their country. Hey, MG, Mr P, Simple Minded, y'all guys, you copy? :lol:

:lol:

Please be patient, we need more time. We're slowly working our way towards a European level of sophisticated leadership......

http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/white-ho ... coni/?dcz=

Personally, I think Trump has better hair.

BTW, either "you guys" or "all y'all" is sufficient. ;)
YMix

Post by YMix »

I think Alexis meant "ja'wohl".
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This thread is about a possible Kurdistan,

not Greater WhateverFuckistan.

Further off topic posts will be summarily deleted.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote:.

This thread is about a possible Kurdistan,

not Greater WhateverFuckistan.

Further off topic posts will be summarily deleted.

A debate on a "Kurdistan" is a debate about Turkey, Syria, Iran, Mesopotamia

That would lead us to NATO, as this would stipulate disintegration of Turkey, one of main pillar of NATO (in these days of antagonism towards our beloved Putin :lol: )

Meaning, so far, things riming

Not sure what you gettin @ CS !

noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote:
As Iraq is a completely artificial construct, it only makes sense that the Kurds have their own independent nation.

The US, by again being clueless fuckw*ts with regards to regional history and politics, are only making the situation worse.
most of 'kurdistan' is in turkey and iran, so the americans and azari are quite right to point out its not so simple as the bit in iraq.

which isnt to say they desperately want to recreate the persian empire.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

most of 'kurdistan' is in turkey and iran, so the americans and azari are quite right to point out its not so simple as the bit in iraq.

which isnt to say they desperately want to recreate the persian empire.
Agreed.

However, Mods would be more tolerant if the topic of Great WhateverFuckistan had not been completely overdone in various unrelated threads.
noddy

Post by noddy »

you know you cant resist.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Gay Kurdish warrior beefcake? Those prissy briefs, greaves and the cape should be a big hit at the club on Saturday night.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Gay Kurdish warrior beefcake? Those prissy briefs, greaves and the cape should be a big hit at the club on Saturday night.
I think he's a representative of Greater WhateverFuckistan.

The long lost 7th, er, member of the Village People.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Gay Kurdish warrior beefcake? Those prissy briefs, greaves and the cape should be a big hit at the club on Saturday night.
I think he's a representative of Greater WhateverFuckistan.

The long lost 7th, er, member of the Village People.
Point of order. Posts regarding Greater WhateverFuckistan go in the EU gun control thread :lol:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

:wink:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

https://news.yahoo.com/iraq-kurd-leader ... referendum
Baghdad (AFP) - Iraqi Kurdish leader Massud Barzani has declared that the "time has come" for the country's Kurds to hold a referendum on statehood, a move likely to raise tensions with Baghdad.

But even if the various political challenges to independence are resolved, the major economic problems the region faces due to low oil prices are another bar to Kurdish independence.

"The time has come and the conditions are now suitable for the people to make a decision through a referendum on their future," Barzani said in a statement released Wednesday.

"This referendum would not necessarily lead to (an) immediate declaration of statehood, but rather to know the will and opinion of the people of Kurdistan about their future," said Barzani, who has remained in power despite the expiration of his term as president.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.rt.com/news/331711-erdogan- ... ian-kurds/

"Islamic State has military bases in Turkey, and is using it as a corridor. Turkey currently plays a role similar to the one Pakistan played in the 1980s. When the Soviet forces were stationed in Afghanistan, jihadists arrived there through Pakistan, along with the money and arms," Abd Salam Ali noted.

"Now Turkey is exactly the same corridor [for militants in Syria], and it plays its own game. But Kurds appeared to stand in [Ankara's] way. They have forced IS away from Rojava [also known as Syrian Kurdistan]. There's only one piece left, a 90km-long territory between the Kurdish towns. If we force IS out of there and reconnect the Kurdish cantons, Turkey won't be able to influence [the situation in Syria]."

“While the Turkish authorities appear determined to silence internal criticism, they have faced very little from the international community. Strategic considerations relating to the conflict in Syria and determined efforts to enlist Turkey’s help in stemming the flow of refugees to Europe must not overshadow allegations of gross human rights violations. The international community must not look the other way,”