America’s economic miracle

Now, what news on the Rialto?
Typhoon

Re: America’s economic miracle

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Haha. That's why the GOP has a commanding lead over obama in polls on the issue of economy, and will win a decisive victory in November. Good stuff Zack Morris.

This was what was actually foreseen Zack Morris. Let me know if you need help reading the chart. Please share some commentary.

Source: Zero Hedge

Really?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The source is the WH. Zerohedge just published it. This chart has been common knowledge for years and been posted to this forum dozens of times. As someone said, we rank and file conservatives have put up with so much ignorance from other people.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:No, not really. It can mean a lack of demand due to a weak global economy. And that's a bad thing.
Please run on high oil prices, please please please.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: Not surprisingly, this was also the worst recession since the Great Depression, proving nothing. Oh, and BTW, most of the damage was caused within the first couple of years, when this was all Bush's fault. Neener neener!
But why did you make it worse for blacks than any other group Zack Morris? What did they ever do to you. Why do they continue to do worse than any other group. Under obama.

You gave trillions of dollars to rich white people in the first few years, why none to blacks then, why none now.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote:No, not really. It can mean a lack of demand due to a weak global economy. And that's a bad thing.
Why did you create low global demand.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Zack Morris wrote: Not surprisingly, this was also the worst recession since the Great Depression, proving nothing. Oh, and BTW, most of the damage was caused within the first couple of years, when this was all Bush's fault. Neener neener!
But why did you make it worse for blacks than any other group Zack Morris?
For the same reason blacks did worse than any other group under Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II.
What did they ever do to you.
Wrong question. The correct question is: what did they ever do to the Republican Party that warranted abandoning them completely and embracing Southern racists?
Why do they continue to do worse than any other group. Under obama.
The same reason they did worse under every other President.
You gave trillions of dollars to rich white people in the first few years, why none to blacks then, why none now.
An unfortunate continuation of the inertia of Bush-era policies that did the same.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Zack Morris wrote: For the same reason blacks did worse than any other group under Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II.

The same reason they did worse under every other President.
Let's say you are right;

What is the reason?
Wrong question. The correct question is: what did they ever do to the Republican Party that warranted abandoning them completely and embracing Southern racists?
If you get to abandon black people you have to let other people do it to.
An unfortunate continuation of the inertia of Bush-era policies that did the same.
No, obama giving rich whites all the money had nothing to do with Bush.

Why did you guys give all the money to rich white people, and none to black folks? What did they ever do to you?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Will return soon with a new euphemism.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Economist | Fedspeak
IN George Orwell’s "1984", there was "oldspeak", "duckspeak", "doublespeak" and "newspeak". In modern central banking, there is "Fedspeak". One of the Federal Reserve’s principal means of communicating its views on monetary policy is to issue a press statement after its regular Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) policy meetings. These statements have become longer and more complex, according to a recent report by Rubén Hernández-Murillo and Hannah Shell of the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis, perhaps contradicting their original purpose. The authors use the Flesch-Kincaid grade level, which evaluates how difficult a passage is to read based on sentence length and the number of syllables per word. The score itself corresponds to the number of years of education (in terms of American grade levels) you would need to understand the text. Statements made by the FOMC during the notoriously verbose Alan Greenspan’s tenure as chairman were in fact rather concise—on average, they were just 210 words, with a reading level of 13.6, suitable for second-year university students.

A noticeable uptick in the complexity of the FOMC statements occurred shortly after the Fed announced the start of quantitative easing in late 2008. As its balance-sheet ballooned, so too did the length of its press statements. Twice during this period the Flesch-Kincaid reading level reached 20, suggesting that Fed-watchers would need four years of postgraduate education just to parse what was going on—an onerous hurdle for a press statement that is meant to inform the public. . . .
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:Economist | Fedspeak
IN George Orwell’s "1984", there was "oldspeak", "duckspeak", "doublespeak" and "newspeak". In modern central banking, there is "Fedspeak". One of the Federal Reserve’s principal means of communicating its views on monetary policy is to issue a press statement after its regular Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) policy meetings. These statements have become longer and more complex, according to a recent report by Rubén Hernández-Murillo and Hannah Shell of the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis, perhaps contradicting their original purpose. The authors use the Flesch-Kincaid grade level, which evaluates how difficult a passage is to read based on sentence length and the number of syllables per word. The score itself corresponds to the number of years of education (in terms of American grade levels) you would need to understand the text. Statements made by the FOMC during the notoriously verbose Alan Greenspan’s tenure as chairman were in fact rather concise—on average, they were just 210 words, with a reading level of 13.6, suitable for second-year university students.

A noticeable uptick in the complexity of the FOMC statements occurred shortly after the Fed announced the start of quantitative easing in late 2008. As its balance-sheet ballooned, so too did the length of its press statements. Twice during this period the Flesch-Kincaid reading level reached 20, suggesting that Fed-watchers would need four years of postgraduate education just to parse what was going on—an onerous hurdle for a press statement that is meant to inform the public. . . .
Does the Japanese public understand that the US QE4 is requiring Japan to purchase the new issuances of US debt?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Economist | Fedspeak

Does the Japanese public understand that the US QE4 is requiring Japan to purchase the new issuances of US debt?
It's generally well known that Japan is one of the two major holders of US govt debt and,
with about 60% of US govt debt foreign held, a major supporter of the US govt in all it's aspects.

Interesting that "Belgium" is 3rd and Caribbean banking centres are 4th.