The Baltics

Typhoon

The Baltics

Post by Typhoon »

Lithuania's first LNG terminal ends Russian grip on Baltics
The arrival of Lithuania's first liquefied natural gas terminal will sever Moscow's grip on gas deliveries to the Baltic states.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Re: Lithuania on a slippery slope

Post by Doc »

I am sure official mouth piece of Qum, press TV has all kinds of things to say. Whether it is the truth or not is entirely a different matter.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:

I am sure official mouth piece of Qum, press TV has all kinds of things to say. Whether it is the truth or not is entirely a different matter.

Doc, Azari never posts something that is not checked from reliable source

Defense News and DefenseNews.com are produced by Gannett Government Media (GGM), the world's leading publisher of news about military and government.

KIEV, UKRAINE — Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite on Monday promised military assistance for Ukraine as she slammed Russia’s alleged “terrorist” interference in a separatist insurgency in eastern Ukraine.

Grybauskaite, one of Ukraine’s strongest backers in its bid for closer ties with the West, promised that the Baltic state would use “all support available” to help Ukraine militarily at a meeting with President Petro Poroshenko in Kiev.

PressTv is a government source .. they can not lie, and, they don't

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:
Doc wrote:

Defense News and DefenseNews.com are produced by Gannett Government Media (GGM), the world's leading publisher of news about military and government.

KIEV, UKRAINE — Lithuanian President Dalia Grybauskaite on Monday promised military assistance for Ukraine as she slammed Russia’s alleged “terrorist” interference in a separatist insurgency in eastern Ukraine.

Grybauskaite, one of Ukraine’s strongest backers in its bid for closer ties with the West, promised that the Baltic state would use “all support available” to help Ukraine militarily at a meeting with President Petro Poroshenko in Kiev.

Another government source

yfAeMtcURg0

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

yfAeMtcURg0

Chemical Ali was a good friend of Rumsfeld

IXWdBi6fw_k

W. was right with WMD, chemical (and Bio) weapons, America had the "receipts" :lol:

Come on, Ayatollahs don't lie .. don't tel me you don't believe Khamnei's "FATWA" not wanting Nuke ! ! ! ! :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

yfAeMtcURg0

Chemical Ali was a good friend of Rumsfeld

IXWdBi6fw_k

W. was right with WMD, chemical (and Bio) weapons, America had the "receipts" :lol:

Come on, Ayatollahs don't lie .. don't tel me you don't believe Khamnei's "FATWA" not wanting Nuke ! ! ! ! :lol:

Rumsfeld was a bad friend compared to the Soviet Union, France, And China...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIPRI_Arms ... _by_source

Don't see the US listed as selling Saddam anything besides a few, mostly light Helicopters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIPRI_Arms ... by_country
Typhoon

Re: The Baltics

Post by Typhoon »

This thread is about the Baltic nations in Europe.

BBC | Lithuania joins Baltic neighbours in euro club
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Typhoon wrote:Lithuania's first LNG terminal ends Russian grip on Baltics
The arrival of Lithuania's first liquefied natural gas terminal will sever Moscow's grip on gas deliveries to the Baltic states.
Anything that may remotely cause any harm, no matter how small, to Russia is always received with much fanfare by our good ole Typhoon!... A bit mean spirited, isn't it?... :?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Lithuania's first LNG terminal ends Russian grip on Baltics
Anything that may remotely cause any harm, no matter how small, to Russia is always received with much fanfare by our good ole Typhoon!... A bit mean spirited, isn't it?... :?
Ceterum censeo, Ruthenia delenda est.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Typhoon wrote:Ceterum censeo, Ruthenia delenda est.
I presume you meant Russia delenda est.

That's the objective the US have set themselves on, at least as regards Russia's economy. However, I wouldn't count the chickens on that one... :)

Regarding what I imagine, jokes aside, to be your real position, that is the desire to see Vladimirus Putin out of power, it's useful to note the following, extracted from Vicipaedia:
Vladimirus Vladimiri filius Putin (Russice: Владимир Владимирович Путин, tr. Vladimir Vladimirovič Putin; natus 7 Octobris 1952 Leninopoli) est rerum politicarum peritus Russicus, praeses Foederationis Russicae annis 2000–2008 et ab anno 2012. Annis 1999 - 2000 et 2008 - 2012 fuit minister primus Russiae.

Vladimirus Putin annis 1970–1975 in facultate iuridica Universitatis Publicae Leninopolitanae studuit. Illo tempore, creatus est sodalis Factionis Communisticae Unionis Sovieticae, cuius sodalitas ad prohibitionem suam (anno 1991) mansit.

Annis 1975–1990, Putin in Commissione Securitatis Publicae Unionis Sovieticae laboravit. Deinde quosdam locos tenuit, e.g., in administrationibus Petropolitana et Foederationis Russicae. A die 25 Iulii 1998 director Officii Securitatis Foederalis (Федеральная служба безопасности, ФСБ, tr. Federal'naja služba bezopasnosti, FSB), et a die 29 Martii 1999 etiam secretarius Consilii Securitatis Foederationis Russicae fuit, quae officia ad diem 9 Augusti anni 1999 tenuit, postquam praeses Consilii Ministrorum (i.e. minister primus) Russiae factus est.

Die 26 Martii 2000, Putin electus et 14 Martii 2004 reelectus est praeses Russiae. Die 7 Maii 2008, secundum Constitutionem Russiae, tempus maximum imperii eius ut praesidis finitum est. Eadem die factus est praeses factionis Russiae Unitae (Russice: «Единая Россия», tr. Edinaja Rossija), in quo officio a die 26 Maii anni 2012 mansit. Postridie minister primus Foederationis Russicae factus est. Die 4 Martii 2012 iterum praeses Russiae electus est, die 7 Maii eodem anno inauguratus.
;)
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Alexis wrote:
Regarding what I imagine, jokes aside, to be your real position, that is the desire to see Vladimirus Putin out of power...
As much as that may displease us, Putin is the type of leader most peoples would like to have. Contrarily to common belief, democracy is not natural to the human species, authoritarianism is. We like to be relatively free as far as our day to day life is concerned, but taking part in government through elections isn't very important. We want to be relatively well ruled, we don't want to be bothered about it. Democracy is too labour intensive for our taste. As long as Putin does not interfere too much with people's lives and enables Russians to have an acceptable living standard, he will be loved and will remain in power as long as he wishes. And that would be true in any other European country. Trouble is authoritarian rulers do not stay benign for long...
Heracleum Persicum

Putin will target the Baltic next

. . “There are lots of worries. I’m worried about Putin. There’s no effective control of the border, I’m worried about his pressure on the Baltics, the way he is testing Nato, the submarines and aircraft.”
Asked if the world was facing a new Cold War, he said “It is warming up, you have tanks and armour rolling across the Ukrainian border and you have an Estonian border guard who has been captured and not yet still returned.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ael-fallon

Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia

Only way to avert a disaster for Europe, is NATO pull back to where Baker/Gorbi had agreed

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Putin threatens an ex-girlfriend with a gun and tells her new boy friend to handover his and back off. HP, Putin's private ars rimmer, can't wait to see his Master gang raping the Baltics once again.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:Putin threatens an ex-girlfriend with a gun and tells her new boy friend to handover his and back off. HP, Putin's private ars rimmer, can't wait to see his Master gang raping the Baltics once again.
This comment is a model of objectivity... And I thought Northern Europeans were rational people, contrarily to us emotional Southerners... :twisted:
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Putin threatens an ex-girlfriend with a gun and tells her new boy friend to handover his and back off. HP, Putin's private ars rimmer, can't wait to see his Master gang raping the Baltics once again.
This comment is a model of objectivity... And I thought Northern Europeans were rational people, contrarily to us emotional Southerners... :twisted:
My analogies are fitting the facts, your and HPs cheerleading of Putin fits counter-factual hysteria. 8-)
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
My analogies are fitting the facts, your and HPs cheerleading of Putin fits counter-factual hysteria. 8-)
On this issue I have always dealt with facts, and nothing else. I would have been very embarrassed if I had posted anything as delirious as your text...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:My analogies are fitting the facts, your and HPs cheerleading of Putin fits counter-factual hysteria. 8-)
On this issue I have always dealt with facts, and nothing else. I would have been very embarrassed if I had posted anything as delirious as your text...
But you are not willing to re-open the case with me and check together the facts of what happened in the Ukraine starting with the Maiden protests and that US-staged "coup" which is nonsense. US and EU supplied various opposition groups with money and moral support. But did they support the bad apples among those opposition groups like the neo-Nazi/fascist elements specifically? Or did most money go to the better and good apples in fact? Did they provide weapons to the fascist gangs that started shooting during the post-Maiden uprising? If so.. did they order/want them to go on a shooting spray? Did they know it was planned.. and did they look the other way? And what was the role of Putin's FSB secret service agents who were present too? False flags or not a tactic applied only by Zionists and American Century hawks... assholes everywhere love to use it when they come in handy.

I'm pretty sure you haven't spent much time investigating any of this, you just like to kick US ass whenever and wherever possible. I don't know.. maybe you just had some bad marriages and need to vent your frustration. ;)
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:My analogies are fitting the facts, your and HPs cheerleading of Putin fits counter-factual hysteria. 8-)
But you are not willing to re-open the case with me and check together the facts of what happened in the Ukraine starting with the Maiden protests and that US-staged "coup" which is nonsense. US and EU supplied various opposition groups with money and moral support. But did they support the bad apples among those opposition groups like the neo-Nazi/fascist elements specifically? Or did most money go to the better and good apples in fact? Did they provide weapons to the fascist gangs that started shooting during the post-Maiden uprising? If so.. did they order/want them to go on a shooting spray? Did they know it was planned.. and did they look the other way? And what was the role of Putin's FSB secret service agents who were present too? False flags or not a tactic applied only by Zionists and American Century hawks... assholes everywhere love to use it when they come in handy.

I'm pretty sure you haven't spent much time investigating any of this, you just like to kick US ass whenever and wherever possible. I don't know.. maybe you just had some bad marriages and need to vent your frustration. ;)
Stratfor Chief's "Most Blatant Coup in History" Interview
http://russia-insider.com/en/2015/01/20/2561

[George Friedman, the well-known American political scientist, recently visited Moscow. Stratfor, the private analytical and intelligence agency which he directs, is often referred to in the US as a "shadow CIA." In an interview with "Kommersant" he talked about what goals the United States is pursuing in Ukraine, and explained why these goals are incompatible with Russian interests.]

(...)

KOMMERSANT: And with regard to Russia, what tactics do they use?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: The fragmentation of Europe is accompanied by a weakening of NATO. European countries, in essence, have no [real] armies of their own. In the North Atlantic Alliance the United States is the only country that is strong in military terms. Against the background of the weakening of Europe, the comparative power of Russia has grown significantly.

Russia's strategic imperative is to have as deep a buffer zone on its western borders as possible. Therefore, Russia has always been particularly concerned about its relationship with Belarus, Ukraine, the Baltic States and other countries in Eastern Europe. They are of great importance for Russia's national security.

At the beginning of this year there existed in Ukraine a slightly pro-Russian though very shaky government. That situation was fine for Moscow: after all, Russia did not want to completely control Ukraine or occupy it; it was enough that Ukraine not join NATO and the EU. Russian authorities cannot tolerate a situation in which western armed forces are located a hundred or so kilometers from Kursk or Voronezh.

The United States, for its part, were interested in forming a pro-Western government in Ukraine. They saw that Russia is on the rise, and were eager not to let it consolidate its position in the post-Soviet space. The success of the pro-Western forces in Ukraine would allow the U.S. to contain Russia.

Russia calls the events that took place at the beginning of this year a coup d'etat organized by the United States. And it truly was the most blatant coup in history.

KOMMERSANT: You mean the termination of the agreement of February 21, or the entire Maidan?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: The whole thing. After all, the United States openly supported human rights groups in Ukraine, including financially. Meanwhile, Russia's special services completely missed these trends. They didn't understand what was taking place, but when they did realize what was going on they were unable to take action to stabilize the situation, and then they misjudged the mood in East Ukraine.

KOMMERSANT: In other words, the Ukrainian crisis is the result of the confrontation between Russia and the United States?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: Here you have two countries: one wants a Ukraine that is neutral. The other wants Ukraine to form part of a line of containment against Russian expansion. One cannot say that one party is mistaken: both are acting based on their national interests. It's just that these interests don't jive.

For the Americans, as I have said, it's important to prevent the emergence of a hegemon in Europe. But recently the U.S. has begun to worry about Russia's potential and its intentions. Russia is beginning to move from the defensive position that it has held since 1992 in the direction of the restoration of its influence. It's a matter of the fundamental divergence of the national interests of two great powers.

KOMMERSANT: What actions on the Russian side could have caused the United States to become wary?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: Russia had begun to take certain steps that the United States considered unacceptable. Primarily in Syria. It was there that Russians demonstrated to the Americans that they are capable of influencing processes in the Middle East. And the US has enough problems in that part of the world already without the Russians.

Russians intervened in the process in the Middle East among other reasons because they had hoped to get leverage to influence US policy in other areas. But they miscalculated. The United States thought that it was Russia's intent to harm them.

It is in this context that we should be evaluating the events in Ukraine. The Russians, apparently, simply have not calculated how seriously the US side might perceive their actions or the extent to which they can easily find countermeasures. It was in this situation that the United States took a look at Russia and thought about what it wants to see happen least of all: instability in Ukraine.

KOMMRERSANT: So you think Ukraine is a form of revenge for Syria?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: No, not revenge. But Russian intervention in the process in Syria, while the United States was still addressing the problems in Iraq, and was in negotiations with Iran ... In Washington, many people have the impression that Russian want to destabilize the already fragile US position in the Middle East - a region that is of key importance for America.

About this question there were two different points of views in Washington: that the Russian were just fooling around, or that they have found a weak point of the US and were trying to take advantage of it. I'm not saying that Russia's intervention in the Syrian conflict was the cause of the Ukrainian crisis, that would be a stretch. But this intervention tipped the balance of opinion in Washington in the direction of the opinion that Russian is a problem. And in that case what does one do? Not confront them in the Middle East. Better to pull their attention away to a problem in some other region.

Now all of this is a bit oversimplified, obviously it is all more complicated than this in practice, but the cause and effect relationship is as I just described it. As a result, the bottom line is that it is in the strategic interests of the United States to prevent Russia from becoming a hegemon. And it is in the strategic interests of Russia not to allow the United States to come to its borders .....

KOMMERSANT: What, in your opinion, is the idea behind the US sanctions? Russian authorities say that the US wants to bring about regime change.

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: The purpose of the sanctions is to -- with minimal damage to the US and with a somewhat larger damage to the EU -- hurt Russia in order to make it capitulate to US demands.

The sanctions demonstrate the power of the United States. And the United States are happy to make use of that power against countries who lack the means to adequately respond to it. It is also an opportunity to "line up" the Europeans. I do not think that the United States' main purpose is regime change in Russia. The main goal was to limit the Russian authorities' room for maneuver, which is indeed what we are witnessing. But here other factors also played a role, such as, for example, the slowing down of the Russian economy, and falling oil prices.

KOMMERSANT: In Russia, many say that oil prices have dropped thanks to a US conspiracy with countries in the Persian Gulf.

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: It is always easier to explain a difficulty by reference to someone else's deliberate actions. But a number of countries, including China, India and Brazil, have reduced their forecasts as regards their rate of economic growth. And Europe by the way has a zero growth. What is more, a revolution in the petroleum sector is taking place, the amount of available oil is growing.

A fall in oil prices was inevitable. What else did you expect? But you have built your economic strategy not only on high oil prices, but on the export of energy resources as such. That made you vulnerable! You should have used the last 10-15 years of high earnings from selling energy resources to diversify the economy, but your government did not do this.

KOMMERSANT: Can we expect US-Russian relations to improve after the next presidential election in the US?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: In Russia you overly personify American politics. In the US the president is only one of the institutions of power, he is not all-powerful. Obama is also bound hand and foot, as were his predecessors. If in the Middle East groups like the "Islamic State" are rapidly gaining momentum it doesn't matter whether the US President is a Democrat or a Republican -- he will have to hit them hard.

And no American president can afford to sit by idly if Russia is becoming more and more influential. Russia's actions in the Middle East, or, say, in the case of granting asylum to Edward Snowden were perceived in the US as being directed against US interests. Any US president would have to react to it. About three years ago, in one of my books, I predicted that as soon as Russia starts to increase its power and demonstrate it, a crisis would occur in Ukraine. It was obvious.

KOMMERANT: Howrealistic do you think is Russia's rapprochement with China?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: China has a lot of problems of its own now -- declining growth, high inflation and unemployment. There is no point expecting gifts from Beijing. And the construction of a pipeline to China, on which the Russian authorities will have to spend a significant amount of money, is unlikely to have any sort of tangible impact on the Russian economy.

KOMMERSANT: What's your sense of how the situation in the Ukraine will develop further?

GEORGE FRIEDMAN: Russia will not make concessions in the Crimea, that is obvious. But I imagine it will face serious problems with getting supplies to the peninsula. And yet Moscow cannot retreat from a number of its requirements with respect to Ukraine. It cannot allow Western military forces to be located on Ukraine territory. This is a nightmare in Moscow, and limits its room for maneuver.

The US will need to make a strategic decision, not now but in the future, either to intervene more actively in events in Ukraine, which is fraught with difficulties, or to build a new alliance -- within NATO or outside of NATO -- with the participation of Poland, Romania, the Baltic States and, for example, Turkey. This is already happening, slowly but it is happening. And this will be something that Russia will not accept -- a "cordon sanitaire." It's not that the US needs to have control over Ukraine; for them the important thing is that it not be controlled by Russia.

Much will depend on Kive.The government in Kiev is the Ukraine's weak point. If it fractures - something which, surprisingly, is not what we observe, then Russia will try to turn this to their favor.

But the main question is whether Russia itself can come through in one piece. It is now facing many of the factors that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union: the lack of an effective transportation system; a skeptical attitude towards the capital in many regions, from the Caucasus to the Far East; but the main thing is that there is an economy that can only function under certain circumstances -- namely, high energy prices. You have only one product, and today there is an excess of it on the global market.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:
Stratfor Chief's "Most Blatant Coup in History" Interview
http://russia-insider.com/en/2015/01/20/2561
The actual content of the interview does not justify the title.. lol

Aside good advice for Russia to diversify its economy, pointing out that the falling oil prices are not a conspiracy but a natural result of the market.. not much of interest is there. The only possible reference this "Most Blatant Coup in History" is where he refers to the West paying money to oppositions groups who demanded more democracy and free speech.. Yes, what a terrible coup it was. :lol:
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

82% of Lithuanian viewers support Russia
February 25, 2015

(Translated by Kristina Rus)

Lithuanian TV station TV3 held a survey which aimed to discredit Russia, but the results were just the opposite.

The viewers were asked: "Do you see a growth in Russian propaganda in Lithuania?".
Lituania.JPG
Lituania.JPG (30.99 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
The vast majority of viewers (82%) replied that "It is not propaganda. Russia is telling the truth". 12% of viewers agreed with the channel. The others didn't notice much at all.

These results even confused the news anchor Renata Shakalite-Yakovleva, who didn't know how to comment on it, and quickly passed the word to a colleague. Then she finally said "technicians of the portal are very suspicious of the active response to the survey."

The survey was timed with the statement of the Department of State Security of Lithuania that intelligence agencies are observing Russia's increasing efforts to incite the information war.

http://fortruss.blogspot.pt/2015/02/82- ... ussia.html
I guess this will totally confuse our East Asian, who is going in a hurry to buy The Economist and see if they have an explanation... :D
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
February 25, 2015

Lithuanian TV station TV3 held a survey which aimed to discredit Russia, but the results were just the opposite.

The viewers were asked: "Do you see a growth in Russian propaganda in Lithuania?".
Lituania.JPG
The vast majority of viewers (82%) replied that "It is not propaganda. Russia is telling the truth". 12% of viewers agreed with the channel. The others didn't notice much at all.

These results even confused the news anchor Renata Shakalite-Yakovleva, who didn't know how to comment on it, and quickly passed the word to a colleague. Then she finally said "technicians of the portal are very suspicious of the active response to the survey."

The survey was timed with the statement of the Department of State Security of Lithuania that intelligence agencies are observing Russia's increasing efforts to incite the information war.

I guess this will totally confuse our East Asian, who is going in a hurry to buy The Economist and see if they have an explanation... :D
Juat another example of Putin beating up on a little country. Trying to intimidate. Putin's hackers strike again just like they did in Estonia. There is no way NO WAY that poll is correct.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Parodite wrote:The actual content of the interview does not justify the title.. lol
There, let me help you on that. :D

It's in the middle of the text. George Friedman is saying: "Russia calls the events that took place at the beginning of this year a coup d'etat organized by the United States. And it truly was the most blatant coup in history."

Let us say you had read the interview by Endo "too rapidly", shall we?

Let us say that ;)

In no case would I dare to suggest that maybe-possibly-who knows you might not actually have read the text before answering. No, never. Nor would I write the words "Master Fail". Nay, I'm not that kind of guy :) ;)
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Speaking during a visit to West Sussex, Cameron underlined his intention to keep pressure on European Union partners to maintain the sanctions regime against Russia despite the ceasefire agreement.
(...)
“I am afraid that would be a terrible mistake and Britain has been leading the argument in Europe saying Russia’s behaviour in Ukraine has been completely unacceptable and consequences must follow that in terms of sanctions.”
Michael Fallon and David Cameron are definitely British Patriots.

More precisely, they are Grrr-Waf-Waf patriots. :lol:

However, that is not so important. To be blunt, the position of Britain on that crisis is not very important. Regarding Western Europe, it's Germany and France calling the shots, trying along with Russia to have the ceasefire in Ukraine hold and to terminate the Ukrainian civil war that way. Success is not certain, but Britain is not in any position to seriously hinder the attempt, no matter how much noise it produces about imaginary Russian threats to Baltic countries.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:
February 25, 2015

Lituania.JPG

One of the advantages of living and working overseas, versus going overseas on colonial mis-adventures, is the one meets and works with many different kinds of people without being obliged to kill them.

Chicago, when I lived and worked there, then had the largest population of people of Lithuanian descent outside of the country itself as I came to learn.

One of the yachtsmen I crewed for, during my free time, was of Lithuania descent* and through him I met a colleague at work who was from Lithuania who also became a friend.

*Incidentally, his brother's wife was Japanese.

Years later, after attending a conference in France, I visited my friend in Vilnius, Lithuania. I also visited the city of Kaunas and the seaside resort of Palanga.
Spent about one week there in total. In Vilnius, I visited the former head quarters of the KGB and viewed their torture and execution chambers.

So naturally I e-mailed and asked my Lithuanian friend about the about the incident you are referring to.

He kindly sent me the following

http://www.lrytas.lt/pramogos/tv-kinas/ ... aganda.htm

along with an English translation.

The relevant part is

"Atlikus tyrimą paaiškėjo, kad vos per keletą minučių iš vieno kompiuterio IP adreso buvo prabalsuota net 7438 kartus.
Tai sudaro net 67 proc. visų apklausoje registruotų balsų."

"Upon investigation, it was found that in course of several minutes 7438 votes originated from a single IP address.
This constituted 67 percent of all the registered votes."

So Doc's theory is correct.
One would have to be gob-smacking pig-ignorant of European and esp Baltic history to think otherwise.

My friend also recommended the following film The Other Dream Team

PKjEcZoQ2Qc

which accurately captures the sentiment of Lithuanians through the 20th century history of their national sports obsession.

Travel, as opposed to reading looney fringe blogs on the internet, broadens the mind. I can recommend it.