Which country?

Alexis

Which country?

Post by Alexis »

Time for a little break... time for old pictures from the 1960s! :D

Time for a guess game also: but which country is this?

This beauty is green mini-skirt... what nationality?

These young students, young men and young women working and having fun together... which country?

This course at Medecine Faculty, where all are studying with open face and visible hair, all together on the same banks... which nation?

And now for a look at the beautiful face and hairs of Miss 1967! Yes, but... Miss Which Country 1967?

Youngsters having fun and dancing in the capital... Are we in Paris? Roma? Buenos Aires, London?

The answer can be found right there.
Alexis

Re: Which country?

Post by Alexis »

Yes : that country is Iran!

F...ing ayatollahs, islamists, and all the other Pharisees and associated hypocrites!

Nothing made it necessary for Iran, nor for any other of the countries they put under their control, to follow their imaginings and pronunciations.

Nothing in their traditions, their religion, their culture, their peculiar ways of seeing the world, forced them to fall victims to these men.

Nothing was written in advance.

... Yet the reactionnaries, the rancid and the hypocrites did succeed.

A lesson to remember: therefore, it can happen elsewhere.

A reason for hope, too. If such things were possible, they can be again.

Those who believe Islamic countries can only either be Islamists, or abandon Islam, are in the wrong: it is not true that the Muslim religion would have but one interpretation, that of the legalists, the fiqh doctors, all the hypocrites and Pharisees against whom Christ himself was prophetizing
(which doesn't prevent Christians to also produce this type occasionnally...)

(Matthew 23:23-28)
23 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: judgment, mercy, and faith. These ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
25 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
27 “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye are like unto whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but are within full of dead men’s bones and of all uncleanness.
28 Even so, ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

But maybe we shouldn't forget that those modern and secular looking Iranians were but a very small percentage of the overall population. It is always hard for the tail to wag the dog, and I guess the Iranian dog got tired of being wagged by such a short tail... Let's hope the tail is growing and will end up infecting the dog...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nice Posts Alexis. Right on the mark. Too bad AZ can't read these as the ahollahs have probably issued a fatwa calling for your and anyone that reads them deaths.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Doc wrote:Nice Posts Alexis. Right on the mark. Too bad AZ can't read these as the ahollahs have probably issued a fatwa calling for your and anyone that reads them deaths.
I'm quite sure Azari was part of that very small minority and that you are telling him nothing new. The difference could be that Azari is also very much aware of the majority's feelings in Iran and that rule by the elite has certain limitations...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:Nice Posts Alexis. Right on the mark. Too bad AZ can't read these as the ahollahs have probably issued a fatwa calling for your and anyone that reads them deaths.
I'm quite sure Azari was part of that very small minority and that you are telling him nothing new. The difference could be that Azari is also very much aware of the majority's feelings in Iran and that rule by the elite has certain limitations...

And I am telling you that Iran is ruled by the elitists of Qom. Who think nothing of cheating their fellow Iranians to their own financial benefit
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

And I am telling you that Iran is ruled by the elitists of Qom. Who think nothing of cheating their fellow Iranians to their own financial benefit
A theocracy works only as long as a majority of people feel that religion is a priority. Inevitably Iranians are going to decide that there are other more important things in life than trying to second-guess their God's will...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:

A theocracy works only as long as a majority of people feel that religion is a priority. Inevitably Iranians are going to decide that there are other more important things in life than trying to second-guess their God's will...

They work so long as a sizable number of people are willing to act like thugs and infringe on the inherent human rights of those that disagree. If someone took your daughter to prison and raped her because she did not agree with the way she was told to dress, how would you feel about that?
Torchwood

Post by Torchwood »

So, this is one of the few threads that Azari has not posted on...

Afghanistan then and now

Doc

Post by Doc »

Torchwood wrote:So, this is one of the few threads that Azari has not posted on...

Afghanistan then and now

I read somewhere just the other day that Since the US invasion millions of Afghan Girls have gone to school where before the Invasion basically none were allowed to go.

On the down side
n83tPuur81w
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

This is totally unfair. The west had their own masked faces who had trouble cutting loose because of cultural expectations.
noddy

Post by noddy »

:-)
ultracrepidarian