Dealing with Muslim extremism in Europe

Typhoon

Dealing with Muslim extremism in Europe

Post by Typhoon »

Regretfully, this topic may require a trans EU thread.

Belgian police kill two in counterterror raid
More anti-terrorist raids were underway in the Brussels region and Verviers; guns, explosives, and police uniforms found in terrorists' apartment.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Dealing with Muslim extremism in Europe

Post by Typhoon »

CSM | Police arrest suspects across Europe in rush to minimize terror threat
BRUSSELS — French, German, and Belgian police arrested more than two dozen suspects in antiterrorism raids Friday, as European authorities rushed to thwart more attacks by people with links to Islamic extremists in the Middle East.

Rob Wainwright, head of the police agency Europol, told The Associated Press that foiling terror attacks has become "extremely difficult" because Europe's 2,500-5,000 radicalized Muslim extremists have little command structure and are increasingly sophisticated.

Highlighting the fears, a bomb scare forced Paris to evacuate its busy Gare de l'Est train station during Friday morning's rush hour. No bomb was found.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Dealing with Muslim extremism in Europe

Post by Typhoon »

On the other hand, some perspective is necessary:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=28b_1421201170