Dictators and ill health

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
manolo

Dictators and ill health

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Adolf Hitler was famous for his many health problems, from bad teeth, flatulence and gastric trouble to the later more serious maladies, possibly Parkinson's disease. Mussolini was not far behind him, again with gastric trouble. Mussolini's doctors feared cancer but a bevy of experts ended up with a diagnosis of acute gastritis. Oddly enough these attacks occurred when he had just seen Hitler or was on his way to a meeting with the same. Francisco Franco suffered with Parkinson's disease for many years, although he successfully hid this from his public.

It seems that the responsibilities of dictatorship are not easy, particularly on the stomach, although Stalin eased his stomach with fine Georgian country wines, until the final, fatal, stroke. There have been some rumblings from North Korea recently on the topic of a healthy or unhealthy young dictator in that happy land. Rumours are that he may be suffering from obesity related problems through the love of Swiss cheese.

So my question relates to dictatorship. Could it be that the onerous responsibilities of such a heavy, self imposed, millstone might have effects on the health? Leaders in Western democracies are at least saved by the bell of limited terms and many have gone on to lead happy lives in their post leadership times. For dictators it seems the only way out is death.

Is dictatorship worth it? Even for the cheese?

Alex.
Simple Minded

Re: Dictators and ill health

Post by Simple Minded »

manolo wrote:Folks,

.....So my question relates to dictatorship. Could it be that the onerous responsibilities of such a heavy, self imposed, millstone might have effects on the health?.....

Alex.
Alex,

Based on the people I know, self-imposed millstones are a necessary agent of personal growth. Once they exceed their pain threshold, they often wise up!

Oh the chosen burdens of trying to save people from themselves. Seems like karma or cosmic justice to me. Those who feel no pain as a result of their actions often self-destruct.

Dictator ship might not be worth it for the cheese, but you didn't mention the sex! ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
manolo wrote:Folks,

.....So my question relates to dictatorship. Could it be that the onerous responsibilities of such a heavy, self imposed, millstone might have effects on the health?.....

Alex.
Alex,

Based on the people I know, self-imposed millstones are a necessary agent of personal growth. Once they exceed their pain threshold, they often wise up!

Oh the chosen burdens of trying to save people from themselves. Seems like karma or cosmic justice to me. Those who feel no pain as a result of their actions often self-destruct.

Dictator ship might not be worth it for the cheese, but you didn't mention the sex! ;)
Indeed. Mao is reputed to have greatly enjoyed the maidens.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Simple Minded wrote: Dictator ship might not be worth it for the cheese, but you didn't mention the sex! ;)
SM,

Yes, that leaves Mussolini, but I've done better than him all told. Maybe not as good as Berlusconi, who was no dictator.

Alex.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote: Indeed. Mao is reputed to have greatly enjoyed the maidens.
Folks,

For a man who never brushed his teeth, that is some accolade.

Alex.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

manolo wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Indeed. Mao is reputed to have greatly enjoyed the maidens.
Folks,

For a man who never brushed his teeth, that is some accolade.

Alex.
From accounts, the maidens did not have a choice.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Indeed. Mao is reputed to have greatly enjoyed the maidens.
Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac...... especially for those who know they possess it.

Did he just type Afrodisiac? :o Racist!