Cat News and Mews.........

This too shall pass.

Cat Questions

Do you like cats?
18%
Do you dislike cats?
3%
Do you own/parent/serve one or more cats?
14%
Do your cats have long hair?
6%
Do your cats have short hair?
14%
Do your cats like catnip, cat thyme, silver vine etc.?
12%
Are your cats purebred?
2%
Are your cats mixed breed?
15%
Do/have you parent(ed) an unusual cat.. Manx, Sphinx, Munchkin, Polydactyl, Rex, Handicapped. Blind, missing limbs, over 15 years old, other........
8%
Has one or more of your cats held political office?
8%

Total votes: 65

Typhoon

Re: Cat News and Mews.........

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Cat Beserker against the Giants...Re: Cat News and Mews.....

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:Image
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Typhoon.

Funny pic ;)

Cat Beserker vs. the giants...... ;)

The image does not display in the post for me but the link works fine. May be a problem on my end.

Here is the link in case anyone had a problem.

http://postimg.org/image/geba8r7c1/
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
YMix

Post by YMix »

“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
monster_gardener

Senior Cat Rescue: FrankiesFelineFund.org

Thank You VERY Much for maintaining the Forum, Admins Typhoon & YMix

A cat rescue society specializing in senior cats.......
Our Mission

To promote the welfare of abandoned elderly and special needs cats by finding homes either through adoption or our senior to senior foster program. We also assist elderly and low income cat owners with veterinary expenses.
http://www.frankiesfelinefund.org/
Here are just three of the many reasons that Senior Cats make great pets!

1) They have already learnt their manners! They know how to use a litterbox and not to scratch your furniture because they have already been trained. The have generally grown out of the phase where they use your hands as toys or pounce on your feet under the covers.

2) They are much more low maintenance than younger kitties! They don't need as much high-energy play as a kitten (and kittens need a LOT of high energy play!!!) - mostly they're looking for a cozy lap to curl up on and a nice friendly hand to give their bellies a loving rub.

3) Their personalities are already developed. Unlike with a kitten, when you don't necessarily know whether your new pet is going to be hyper, mellow, friendly, distant, needy, aloof, etc. with an older cat, what you see is what you get! (Except for the fact that these guys are often stressed-out because often their life has been overturned by the death or move of a previous owner, and once you take them home with you they are apt to become more relaxed, happy and comfortable!)

Here is a poem we think encapsulates the very special experience of adopting a senior cat...

One By One

One by one, they pass my cage,
A little old cat, wizened with age.
Way past his prime, can't run and can’t play.
They shake their heads slowly and go on their way.

I once had a home, I once had a bed,
A place that was warm, and where I was fed.
Now my muzzle is gray, and my eyes slowly fail.
Who wants a cat so old and so frail?

My owner decided I didn't belong,
I got in his way, my attitude was wrong.
Whatever excuse he made in his head,
Can't justify how they left me for dead.

When I had come to the end of my rope,
You looked at my face, and I finally had hope.
You saw thru the gray, and the legs bent with age,
And felt I still had life beyond this cage.

You took me home, gave me food and a bed,
And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head.
We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low,
You love me so dearly, you want me to know.

I may have lived most of my life with another,
But you outshine them all with a love so much stronger.
And I promise to return all the love I can give,
To you, my dear person, as long as I live.

I may be with you for a week, or for years,
We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears.
And when the time comes that God deems I must leave,
I know you will cry and your heart, it will grieve.

And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new,
My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.
And then I will brag to all who will hear,
Of the person who made my last days so dear.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Kleptomaniac cats in Christmas stocking stash hunt

They may look innocent enough but these two felines are responsible for a mini crime spree in the east of England.

Christmas is a gift for Theo, a three-year-old Siamese cross belonging to Rachael Drouet and Paul Edwards from Ipswich.

He is a seasoned cat burglar, regularly bringing home "treasures" from neighbours' houses.

But this year, Theo has really got into the spirit of Christmas.

He has forsaken his usual diet of clothing, phone chargers and other cats' toys for a selection of Christmas decorations which his owners believe he is pilfering from their neighbours' trees.

Meanwhile, in Luton, Denis, a three-year-old moggy whose cat burgling antics have been well-documented on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, is expected to get into the Christmas spirit once the big day is over, according to his owner Lesley Newman.

She said her cat prefers to steal underwear, but usually brings home gifts of Christmas wrapping paper - minus the contents - after the big day.

Denis's penchant for purloining pants is matched by his love of shoes, paintbrushes and Barbie dolls.

Mrs Newman believes Denis climbs up neighbours' rotary washing lines and pulls items of clothing off before carrying them home through his cat flap.

After trying, and failing, to find the owners of most items, Mrs Newman now keeps a large box of Denis's finds in her loft.

Returning their cats' stolen goods to the rightful owner is a challenge for both sets of owners.

Pleas on Facebook go largely unanswered and confronting possible "victims" is not always easy.

"It's a bit embarrassing to have to knock on neighbours' doors - especially the ones I don't know so well - and ask them if this chewed up thing covered in saliva and cat hair was once hanging on their Christmas tree," Miss Drouet says.

Theo's latest finds include woollen Santa and snowman decorations - clearly from the same set - and an angel which he brought into the kitchen and quickly separated it from its feather "wings".

Miss Drouet says while she appreciates Theo's gifts, she would "prefer an iPad".

She believes his cat burgling is the nearest her pet can get to catching live animals.

"The thing is, Theo's absolutely rubbish at catching normal 'cat prey'," she says.

"He's really a bit of a stupid cat, and definitely not firing on all cylinders to be honest.

"He's got a real thing about rubber and latex gloves. He seems to have some strange fetishes."

She adds: "Usually he takes a break over the winter, preferring to spend up to 22 hours on the sofa, so we thought we were home free.

"Then in the space of a few days these Christmas decorations appeared."

Denis also shows no sign of giving up his life of crime, which he has been perfecting since he was a kitten.

"He never brings home prey, just the other things he takes a fancy to and I really don't think he's ever going to stop," Mrs Newman says.

She says she makes up for Denis's criminal ways by donating money from advertisements on his YouTube channel to a cat rescue charity in Bedfordshire.

"He's raised about £5,000 for them so far," she says proudly.

Mrs Newman says she is waiting for Denis to bring home some jewellery.

"I'll be happy as Larry if he does that," she says.

"But he's definitely gearing up for Christmas and has brought quite a few things home this week.

"Bless his cotton socks. He's so proud of his 'finds'."
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YRbakPKgU5Y
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Beware of a Cat’s Bite

In a three-year retrospective study published in the February issue of The Journal of Hand Surgery, researchers reviewed records of 193 people who came to Mayo Clinic Hospital with cat bites to the hand.

Thirty-six victims were immediately admitted to the hospital, where they stayed an average of three days. Another 154 were treated with oral antibiotics as outpatients, although 21 of them eventually had to be hospitalized. Complications included nerve involvement, abscesses and loss of joint mobility.

The most common cause of infection was Pasteurella multocida, an aggressive bacterium found in the mouths of many animals and up to 90 percent of healthy cats. Amoxicillin is commonly used to treat it.

“Redness, swelling, increasing pain, difficulty in moving the hand and drainage from the wound are all signs that there may be an infection and that treatment should be sought,” said the senior author of the study, Dr. Brian T. Carlsen, a hand surgeon at the Mayo Clinic.

“The tendon sheaths and joints are superficial in the hand, and cat bites penetrate easily, seeding those spaces with the germ, ” he added. “Once it’s in there, it can grow quite rapidly in fluid-filled spaces that don’t have blood circulation, and surgery is often required. That’s an important message: don’t ignore a cat bite.”

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

yqP3hbWblpA
monster_gardener

Typhoon wrote:yqP3hbWblpA
Thank You VERY MUCH for your post and maintaining the Forum, Typhoon.

WoW!

An amazing cat!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

monster_gardener

The Biggest Cat Box in the World......

Thank You VERY MUCH for your post and maintaining the Forum, Typhoon.

;) :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

monster_gardener

Electric Cat Generator.....

Thank You VERY MUCH for your post and Maintaining the Forum, Typhoon.

POOR Kitty! :shock: :evil: :(

Predicting a breakdown once Kitty loses consciousness....

Hope it happens at an very inconvenient time.... :twisted:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

ermaigerd this is all over, so might as well post it here.....:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/08/27/hello ... not-a-cat/
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Cornwall cat survives broken legs and shotgun blasts

A cat suffered two broken legs and had been blasted at least twice with a shotgun, a veterinary practice in Cornwall says.

The six-year-old black tomcat, called Target by surgery staff, was brought to Hayle Veterinary Surgery in March after being found injured and unable to walk.

He had two fractured femurs and X-rays showed more than 40 pellets in the head and face and across the body.

He has been found a new home after undergoing treatment and convalescence.

Staff said the cat was "still purring and craving attention" when originally brought to the surgery in March "despite the horrendous injuries" caused by metal pellets.

Practice partner Steve Wyatt said: "When he arrived, we could only see he had two broken back legs and what we thought were other superficial injuries under his fur. Further examination revealed the pellets."

Mr Wyatt said Target must have been at the edge of the weapon's effective range when shot because the pellets did not penetrate enough to damage vital organs.

He said: "We don't know what the circumstances, but clearly something horrible happened and on one than more occasion.

"There were at least two shots because they were injuries on both sides."

Of 43 or 44 pellets found, Mr Wyatt said he was "only able to remove eight or nine".

He said: "We did try our best to get them out, but getting them all surgically would be such a long task. But he's a happy cat now.

"He was the kind of cat you saw wanted to get better and he was a cat that needed be saved."

No owner could be found so he went to live temporarily with Mr Wyatt and his family for recovery and rehabilitation.

The practice said it had now found him a suitable home.
Scratch one life.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:Image
:lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Do we have here any CAT lover ? ? ?

Unconditional Passion

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

VJjReLsq5DM
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:VJjReLsq5DM
A good first effort, the sequel needs more 1970's style kiai-ing and bad lip synchronization..