Anyone doing political work?

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
manolo

Anyone doing political work?

Post by manolo »

Folks,

With an election coming up in the UK I've decided to get off my 'butt' and do something. This is a cash donation each month to a political party and I've also agreed to volunteer some time in the run up to election day.

It feels good to be doing something practical and wonder if anyone else is doing similar things, here or anywhere? How is it for you?

Alex.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: Anyone doing political work?

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

manolo wrote:Folks,

With an election coming up in the UK I've decided to get off my 'butt' and do something. This is a cash donation each month to a political party and I've also agreed to volunteer some time in the run up to election day.

It feels good to be doing something practical and wonder if anyone else is doing similar things, here or anywhere? How is it for you?

Alex.
I sometimes support a local councilman or judge. Never anything more than a state rep. Its one of the better ways to meet new people, and I can avoid big money agendas.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

I'm active in the organizing of a movement which, together with two other parties and/or movements, could be expected to give birth to a broad coalition similar to Syriza in Greece or Podemos in Spain. Because of purely personal issues I'm not sure the coalition will be as broad as it could and should be, but we re giving it a try. Even if we are successful I doubt we could get enough votes later this year to participate in government, but even 15 to 20% of the vote would give us the means to work towards a more Southern European alternative to the EU. If Italy ever comes our way things could brighten up.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Endovelico wrote:I'm active in the organizing of a movement which, together with two other parties and/or movements, could be expected to give birth to a broad coalition similar to Syriza in Greece or Podemos in Spain. Because of purely personal issues I'm not sure the coalition will be as broad as it could and should be, but we re giving it a try. Even if we are successful I doubt we could get enough votes later this year to participate in government, but even 15 to 20% of the vote would give us the means to work towards a more Southern European alternative to the EU. If Italy ever comes our way things could brighten up.
Endo,

You've put me to shame. :)

Alex.