The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

This too shall pass.
Parodite

Re: The Spread of the Caliphate: The [Wannabe] Islamic State

Post by Parodite »

War Nerd doesn't explain much about Jihadi John. What is his point?
Deep down I'm very superficial
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:War Nerd doesn't explain much about Jihadi John. What is his point?
That Jihadi John is a young, nouveau riche, durian male who likes to swagger around Syria and Iraq and kill people.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Parodite wrote:War Nerd doesn't explain much about Jihadi John. What is his point?
That Jihadi John is a young, nouveau riche, durian male who likes to swagger around Syria and Iraq and kill people.
That is not an explanation.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote:
YMix wrote:
That is not an explanation.
If it is an explanation you want that is easy Jihad John is an angry young man that figures the whole "unjust" world is wrong and he is right.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:That is not an explanation.
Why not?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
noddy

Post by noddy »

seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me.

ive met far too many folks who barely contain their desire to kill and destroy, reasons are flimsy, its a primal need.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Parodite wrote:That is not an explanation.
Why not?
It is as much an explanation as saying that Jack the Ripper was just an asshole.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

noddy wrote:seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation to me.

ive met far too many folks who barely contain their desire to kill and destroy, reasons are flimsy, its a primal need.
lol geez in what circles does thou reside.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Seeing that a couple hundred Belgian Muslims hoofed it to Syria to join ISIS, I'd say that similar circles are pretty close to your country. :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

its a subset of the guys that are into things like football hooliganism - most of them are just yobbos who like a bit of violence and abuse but some of them are itching to take it to the next step and flourish in that once the norms of the middle class west are removed.

the dutchies have such people even if parodite hasnt met them, luckily for me i managed to get those circles at arms length a few decades ago.

the modern world is so boring to that kind of fully agro ahole, be glad most of them self medicate with drugs and the rest head off to the meddle east as mercenaries for one or the other side.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:its a subset of the guys that are into things like football hooliganism - most of them are just yobbos who like a bit of violence and abuse but some of them are itching to take it to the next step and flourish in that once the norms of the middle class west are removed.

the dutchies have such people even if parodite hasnt met them, luckily for me i managed to get those circles at arms length a few decades ago.

the modern world is so boring to that kind of fully agro ahole, be glad most of them self medicate with drugs and the rest head off to the meddle east as mercenaries for one or the other side.
Amen. Some really are True Believers, others are bored "kids," probably most with POS parents.

Once one starts feeling one is insignificant, or a victim of one's oppressors........ other than killing people.... or posting on the internet..... what else really matters? :?
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I know those Dutch Hoolis.. though not personally. Understand which guys you guys are getting at. But Noddy mentioned "the next level".. and that level is rather ultimate not?

The difference between ordinary Hoolis that love a brawl and kicking each other into hospital on occasion for adrenaline's sake and brotherhoods fun.. and the ultimators such as decapitators is still huge.

Me thinks that a proved effective method of turning ordinary Hoolis into Ultimates is brainwashing them with ideas, ideology where certain otherners are repeatedly depicted as subhuman scum that deserves to die. It can be Jews, communists, unbelievers, Westerners, Tutsi's.. do your pick. Always works.

So there there you have an explanation. :P
noddy

Post by noddy »

Parodite wrote:I know those Dutch Hoolis.. though not personally. Understand which guys you guys are getting at. But Noddy mentioned "the next level".. and that level is rather ultimate not?

The difference between ordinary Hoolis that love a brawl and kicking each other into hospital on occasion for adrenaline's sake and brotherhoods fun.. and the ultimators such as decapitators is still huge.

Me thinks that a proved effective method of turning ordinary Hoolis into Ultimates is brainwashing them with ideas, ideology where certain otherners are repeatedly depicted as subhuman scum that deserves to die. It can be Jews, communists, unbelievers, Westerners, Tutsi's.. do your pick. Always works.

thats the difference in our views, i dont i think the difference between stomping somones head on the street and chopping it off is that huge and doesnt require any magic sauce.

it only requires lack of immediate consequences, or atleast the perception of them lacking.

in the west the potential escalation of the hooligan wars with reprisals and the police getting involved adds more reasons for the nastier ones to stop kicking before the other guy dies..
if you take away those consequences and let them bully isolated villagers with automatic weapons, you get isis.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

noddy wrote:
Parodite wrote:I know those Dutch Hoolis.. though not personally. Understand which guys you guys are getting at. But Noddy mentioned "the next level".. and that level is rather ultimate not?

thats the difference in our views, i dont i think the difference between stomping somones head on the street and chopping it off is that huge and doesnt require any magic sauce.

it only requires lack of immediate consequences, or atleast the perception of them lacking.

in the west the potential escalation of the hooligan wars with reprisals and the police getting involved adds more reasons for the nastier ones to stop kicking before the other guy dies..
if you take away those consequences and let them bully isolated villagers with automatic weapons, you get isis.
Inundating a public sphere with hate-infested us-versus-them ideology (the Hutus used radio for that.. day in day out anti-Tutsi hate speech.. Tutsi cock roaches that needed to be crushed etc.. you know the drill) in combination with arms that back up such ideologies.. don't kill a few.. they kill millions.
noddy

Post by noddy »

true enough, it certainly helps.

still, their is a percentage of the population who doesnt need much help
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

The wannabe IS has crossed the border into Lebanon.
Mr. Perfect

ISIS/AQ/Wahab Terror update

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So the events of France, CA, culminating in Belgium I think we have reached a new turning point, which is a normalization of Wahab Caliphitic terror.

Any way you cut it Europe will succumb to the terrorism. After 3 major attacks on the mainland no policy has yet been implemented or even suggested, due to the well known liberal objections, that would deter/impair more and escalating attacks forever. Wahabs will start blackmailing Europeans, from the government to the cultural level for sharia style concessions.

The US is a coin toss. If Trump wins, Wahabism will be finished here. If HRC wins, then we could certainly follow Europe. Isis is already cutting promos from Manhattan. The Democrat line is "this is tragic" "what a moment for unity", but zero discussion of what you ever do about it as this slow moving car crash you can study from every angle and have been able to for years.

If we have learned anything, doing nothing results in more terrorism.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Re: ISIS/AQ/Wahab Terror update

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Which brings us to the next point. A few years after 9-11 and into Iraq leftists began to say the appropriate response to terror was to do nothing, that is ignore it and it goes away. Well we certainly know now since the first attack on the WTC in 1993 we don't respond to most terror attacks and the result is more terror.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So this goes into one of Milo's insights from way back. Hundreds of millions of Muslims willing to die for the faith against the infidel west and yet in the west you are more likely to be killed by lightning than one of those hundreds of millions.

So they are either lazy or lying about something.

So what happens.

Well, the Wahabs still win. These low grade shoot pray and boom hits of 30-200 casualties are only going to become more hip among the ISIS millienials and boy, it's going to be hip to have an explosive holiday.

Eventually a few of them are going to scratch together a dirty bomb, and the Euro heads of state will become proud owners of prayer rugs.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

One thing I can't figure out about Wahabs, is McVeigh with one or two other guys got WAY higher counts than the recent wahabis, they seem so dumb.
jerryberry

Post by jerryberry »

Nah, civil war and a return to pogroms seems more likely. Europe has a problem. Questions about extremist in the security apparatus going to have to be sorted out. Too much megalomania in Europe. They're not the solution to problems in Middle East.

As for the ineptitude of these extremist fellas..One reason may be the effective intelligence/surveillance enabled with our moderate patriot American Muslims. I think that is a big part of it. Another is the long view. Terrorist planners may take the position of a larger, spectacular attack. There was word of ISIS wanting to do a mustard gas attack in New York City/ European city. We'll see.

No nothing about Chemistry so not sure how feasible a mustard or other chemical attack is.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:One thing I can't figure out about Wahabs, is McVeigh with one or two other guys got WAY higher counts than the recent wahabis, they seem so dumb.
Ew-SrlQ9tlI

Anyways, McVeigh's simple but deadly method, the same as is used in hard rock mining,
is no longer a viable option for would-be terrorists as the key material is under close watch.
Probably almost everywhere in the industrialized part of the planet. A good thing.

I vaguely recall that the recent terrorist in Europe were petty criminals living on the margins of society before they became radicalized killers.
Not people one would expect to spend time in the military learning how-to and/or the local university library diligently studying and then systematically
building, testing, and scaling. Also a good thing.

Anyways, a key problem in Europe may the be lack of integration into general society. Too many immigrants end up marginalized.
Having no stake in the society which surrounds them and probably resenting it are good conditions for radicalization.
I doubt there is much to be learned looking at Europe through a parochial US left/right filter.

The US, despite the anti Muslim hysteria by some, has actually done a better job of integration.
Canada even more so.
In both countries, as jerryberry* noted, the Muslim communities are self-policing and work with the authorities,
not against them, as they have a stake in the societies in which they live.

*A pleasure to see you posting again.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not even wrong.
Typhoon wrote: Anyways, McVeigh's simple but deadly method, the same as is used in hard rock mining,
is no longer a viable option for would-be terrorists as the key material is under close watch.
Probably almost everywhere in the industrialized part of the planet. A good thing.
If we've learned anything from the many recent attacks is that watched or not it doesn't prevent much of anything. All the recent attacks were security failures. All of them.
I vaguely recall that the recent terrorist in Europe were petty criminals living on the margins of society before they became radicalized killers.
Not people one would expect to spend time in the military learning how-to and/or the local university library diligently studying and then systematically
building, testing, and scaling. Also a good thing.
That is a vague recollection alright. The phenomenon of European Muslims traveling to fight with ISIS and then returning home is well documented in even the Muslim friendly MSM.
Anyways, a key problem in Europe may the be lack of integration into general society. Too many immigrants end up marginalized.
Having no stake in the society which surrounds them and probably resenting it are good conditions for radicalization.
Sounds like you are blaming Europeans for the terrorism. A 180 so fast my head spins.

But the question you beg is that out of all the immigrant groups why only Muslim marginalization and terrorism. Please answer this question.
I doubt there is much to be learned looking at Europe through a parochial US left/right filter.
If you get to have a parochial filter you have to let other people have them too.
The US, despite the anti Muslim hysteria by some, has actually done a better job of integration.
Canada even more so.
In both countries, as jerryberry* noted, the Muslim communities are self-policing and work with the authorities,
not against them, as they have a stake in the societies in which they live.
Wow. Who told you that. Jerryberry? Notice he claimed that without any supporting documentation.

Broad sweeping generalities about huge populations unsupportable by any facts must be a requirement to be an OTNOT moderator ;)
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The Saker compares Jihadism:Islam as brain cancer:brains. They share 99% of the same DNA but some very small differences are extremely important.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Do you know what happens to people with brain cancer.

Also brain cancer doesn't spread between people.