Anime & Manga

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
jerryberry

Anime & Manga

Post by jerryberry »

I'm totally ignorant of these art forms. Wether it is a graphic novel, video series or a movie, please feel free to share your likes and dislikes. Any experiences and recommendations would be appreciated.

I've only checked out viz.com so far that is how I'm watching what is listed below.

Bleach (up to epsiode 25). I think it's a fun story and I'm not annoyed just yet. There are aspects of the colors and music that I love. I'm still holding out on character judgements.
Just started watching Deathnote so, we'll see.
jerryberry

Re: Anime & Manga

Post by jerryberry »

Thank you MFF!!!!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

jerryberry wrote:Thank you MFF!!!!
Another site:

http://www.gooddrama.net/
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

hoy, hoy....'>.........
Mai Fuchigami might seem an odd choice to feature on the cover of a military magazine. She has never served in the armed forces and looks like a typical youthful Japanese girl, all smiles and peace signs. But there she is on the cover of the December issue of Mamoru, the Japanese Defense Ministry’s official magazine, which, according to Reuters, has taken to featuring popular female models and articles on dating and relationships.
http://www.the-american-interest.com/bl ... -military/

VAAnUqhKWZI

ganbaru.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hell hath no fury like a p*ssed off J-girl.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

or the kids that cosplay her...;D.....:

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:hoy, hoy....'>.........
Mai Fuchigami might seem an odd choice to feature on the cover of a military magazine. She has never served in the armed forces and looks like a typical youthful Japanese girl, all smiles and peace signs. But there she is on the cover of the December issue of Mamoru, the Japanese Defense Ministry’s official magazine, which, according to Reuters, has taken to featuring popular female models and articles on dating and relationships.
http://www.the-american-interest.com/bl ... -military/

VAAnUqhKWZI

ganbaru.........
:D Awesome recruiting and marketing.... puts us capitalist/imperialist American pigs to shame! :(

I think the Japanese have been playing possum since the late 1980's, and they will soon re-assert their world dominance! And we all fell for it....

At least I hope so!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:or the kids that cosplay her...;D.....:

Yeah.
a8bba8d3.jpg
a8bba8d3.jpg (239.32 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
[うしじまいい肉 | Iiniku Ushijima]
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Just saw 'Ponyo' . A cute Studio Ghibli film released by Disney and inspired by 'The Little Mermaid'. A good gift for your female child units preteen or under. Pretty much overlooked and unknown in the US, it's by a major studio and outstanding director Hayao Miyazaki.

bskgNOXbdiE
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila