Steers, Queers, and Chicks with Sticks | LGBTetcetera

This too shall pass.
Endovelico

Re: Steers and Queers | The LGBT Issue

Post by Endovelico »

I don't give a s--t about people's sexual preferences. But it pisses me to have gays consistently throwing their life styles to my face. Public display of sexual activities is bad taste, whatever form they take. And certainly nothing to be proud about... I'm proud to stutter! I'm proud of being left-handed! I'm proud of wearing glasses! I'm proud of my long nose...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Endovelico wrote:I don't give a s--t about people's sexual preferences. But it pisses me to have gays consistently throwing their life styles to my face. Public display of sexual activities is bad taste, whatever form they take. And certainly nothing to be proud about... I'm proud to stutter! I'm proud of being left-handed! I'm proud of wearing glasses! I'm proud of my long nose...
Did you say long nose?

aydm4FUnlk0
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Transgender

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I don't know which forum to put this in, so if mods want to move it I'm amenable.

I'm sort of squeamish, so I'll beat around the bush but you should get the drift. I'm doing this in an enlightened forum because I want to know what poster here think.

Transgender (internet)

A sex change apparently is not what make you tranny

Transgender is the state of one's gender identity or gender expression not matching one's assigned sex.[1] Transgender is independent of sexual orientation; transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc; some may consider conventional sexual orientation labels inadequate or inapplicable to them. The definition of transgender includes:

Just if you feel different than what is happening between the legs.
So presumably you have a strong self-identity and self-perception as a heterosexual male.

Now imagine if you had the same strong self-identity and self-perception but had the physical body of a woman.

This is called gender/sex dysphoria:

http://www.nature.com/nrurol/journal/v9 ... 2.182.html

[Your local university library should carry Nature, so you may be able to download a pdf there without paying for it.]

So my questions:
Mr. Perfect wrote: 1) is what is the word for sex change.
2) What "rights" do trannies not have
3) I accidentally came across information on sex changes. Basically, it's all make believe. A man cannot become woman, physically, and vice versa. So why do I have to pretend men can turn into women and vice versa when they cannot.
1/ Gender/sex reassignment surgery

Sex Reassignment Surgery in the Female-to-Male Transsexual

Sex Reassignment Surgery in the Male-to-Female Transsexual

2/ I assume that you are referring to the USA, so no idea.

3/ How exactly does one "accidentally" come across information on sex changes?
Accidentally coming across "lemonparty" is far more likely. :wink:
Anyways, joking aside, citation/link please.

A little something for you . . .

dkEABAxNkYk

You could tell? Really?
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

it surely is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to avoiding tedious issues of economic and foreign policy disasters - few things manage to inflame the wedge points between and within the 2 main parties with quite the same passion.

ive tried to care either way, i failed.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:it surely is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to avoiding tedious issues of economic and foreign policy disasters - few things manage to inflame the wedge points between and within the 2 main parties with quite the same passion.

Amen. I think it is one the few issues both parties can use to pretend they care while shucking real responsibility and obfuscating their piss poor performance.

IMSMO, 85+% of the population could not care less about this issue, but when one defines themselves as either a victim or a savior (SJW) on an chic topic, one must dive into the chic topic pool with both feet!

Other wise one's sense of self ceases to exist (once I no longer have an audience, who am I? :? :shock: :o )!

Same for those who define themselves by the tribal identity labels of race, religion, political parties, nation, region, height, weight, hobby, sports team fan, Ford or Chevy truck owner, red, green, or blue tractor owner, etc.

What are your preferred labels? Apple? Microsoft? Calvin Klein? Pabst Blue Ribbon ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

If all it takes to bring down a civilization is some 1% of the population getting married,
then that civilization was on rather weak foundations to begin with and was doomed from the onset.

If not, then what's the problem?

Either way, "live and let live" seems an impossible concept for some.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Either way, "live and let live" seems an impossible concept for some.
amen. For some, the most inhospitable place they could ever possibly live is between their own ears.

The bright side is they make none more miserable than themselves. Seems just to me. they just have not hit their pain threshold yet.

In Redneck Zen speak: "You made that bed, now lay in it." pun intended...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:it surely is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to avoiding tedious issues of economic and foreign policy disasters - few things manage to inflame the wedge points between and within the 2 main parties with quite the same passion.

Bingo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:

Bingo.
It is certainly not lost on the Obama Admin that such wedge issues help immensely to divert from its long series of failures. Pointing out that Trolling actually works:

The real question here is how was Obama so sure the central committee would make up law and vote in favor of gay marriage that it had colored lights installed?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It's a conspiracy, of course.

SCOTUS is part of your government by constitutional law.

Contrary to popular belief, living in a republican democracy does not mean always getting one's way.

SCOTUS did their job and ruled on whether or not a set of laws are constitutional or not.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:What are your preferred labels? Apple? Microsoft? Calvin Klein? Pabst Blue Ribbon ;)
linux, freeballing and chimay blue.

i was hip before hip became hip.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:It's a conspiracy, of course.

Contrary to popular belief, living in a republican democracy does not mean always getting one's way.

SCOTUS did their job and ruled on whether or not a set of laws are constitutional or not.
That's why everyone was ultra cool with the Dred Scott decision.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:

Do you think gay marriage is worth fighting a civil war over.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote:

False dichotomy.

It isn't about the reaction to the decisions, it is to their efficiency in settling matters. The courts, especially our Supreme Court, err all the time and are mercurial to boot. One particularly egregious example is Minersville School District vs Gobitis: decided by a majority of 8 to 1 only to be overruled 3 years later in West Virginia School Board of Education vs Barnette by a majority of 6 to 3. Two were new, three justices changed their minds and only one remaining judge stuck to his original ruling.

This is the ruling body that have people saying the matter is settled?

And add to it the fickleness in how humans approach sex. People's attitudes about it change on a dime for sundry reasons. I swear half the time it is just because people can't sit still.

When its biggest backers were the target demo for Limp Bizkit just 15 years ago, I'd be very slow to celebrate any permanent changes.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: I swear half the time it is just because people can't sit still..
:-) and variations upon that - change for changes sake, appearing different, seen to be doing something etc etc
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon wrote:

False dichotomy.

It isn't about the reaction to the decisions, it is to their efficiency in settling matters. The courts, especially our Supreme Court, err all the time and are mercurial to boot. One particularly egregious example is Minersville School District vs Gobitis: decided by a majority of 8 to 1 only to be overruled 3 years later in West Virginia School Board of Education vs Barnette by a majority of 6 to 3. Two were new, three justices changed their minds and only one remaining judge stuck to his original ruling.

This is the ruling body that have people saying the matter is settled?

And add to it the fickleness in how humans approach sex. People's attitudes about it change on a dime for sundry reasons. I swear half the time it is just because people can't sit still.

When its biggest backers were the target demo for Limp Bizkit just 15 years ago, I'd be very slow to celebrate any permanent changes.
Well, Prohibition was mandated under the Eighteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, so I suppose that anything is possible.

Still, whatever one may think about the fickleness of youth,
unless there is a major fundamentalist revival,
I doubt that many will change their minds on this issue,
and such a revival seem unlikely in the foreseeable future.

Still, anything is possible.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:

The real question here is how was Obama so sure the central committee would make up law and vote in favor of gay marriage that it had colored lights installed?
did you really put a picture of the White House and use the word "colored" in the same post?

How insensitive! ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Doc wrote:

did you really put a picture of the White House and use the word "colored" in the same post?

How insensitive! ;)
:lol:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: I swear half the time it is just because people can't sit still..
:-) and variations upon that - change for changes sake, appearing different, seen to be doing something etc etc
This observation of timeless wisdom is why both of you are my heroes....... for now anyway. ;)

Various interpretations of Blaise Pascal (1623-1662):

"I have discovered that all human evil comes from this: man’s being unable to sit still in a room."

"All the troubles of man come from his not knowing how to sit still in a room."

"I have often said that all the misfortunes of men spring from their not knowing how to live quietly at home, in their own rooms."

"All our troubles come from not being able to be alone."

"All the miseries of mankind come from one thing, not knowing how to be alone."

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. Power is what all messiahs really seek: not the chance to serve. This is true even of the pious brethren who carry the gospel to foreign parts."
H.L. Mencken

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
C.S. Lewis

Imagine the internal agony of a SJW/Zealous religious/savior politician who could not find a victim of capitalism, corporatism, 1%ers, oligarchs, racism, sexism, bigotry, etc., or a lost soul, or an infidel behind every blade of grass. They would lose their raisin de entree'.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:What are your preferred labels? Apple? Microsoft? Calvin Klein? Pabst Blue Ribbon ;)
linux, freeballing and chimay blue.

i was hip before hip became hip.
I'm startin to feel like there's a Stralian inside of me that wants to come out......... where's the advocacy group I can turn to for emotional support and recognition...... :(
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: So presumably you have a strong self-identity and self-perception as a heterosexual male.
I think that's bigoted on your part.
Now imagine if you had the same strong self-identity and self-perception but had the physical body of a woman.
How can I imagine that.

[Your local university library should carry Nature, so you may be able to download a pdf there without paying for it.]

Did you happen to read either of those.
I can't find anyone who has any idea.
By reading an article about He/She Jenner on a religious forum and then in mid reading it goes into IIRC fallopian tubes or something like that. Turns out Msr Jenner does not and can't have any. IIRC. I made it 2 sentences in. I'll go back if you really want me to.

dkEABAxNkYk

You could tell? Really?
Why is this for me?
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

This is the LGBT thread.

Polygamy is a distinct and separate issue and thus has its own thread.

Please post accordingly.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: So presumably you have a strong self-identity and self-perception as a heterosexual male.
I think that's bigoted on your part.
How can I imagine that.
If you are incapable of any understanding and/or empathy regarding this condition, then best to leave the issue to others.
Mr. Perfect wrote:

Did you happen to read either of those.
Skimmed them to confirm that the procedures were what I thought they were.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
I can't find anyone who has any idea.
Broaden your soclal circle.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
By reading an article about He/She Jenner on a religious forum and then in mid reading it goes into IIRC fallopian tubes or something like that. Turns out Msr Jenner does not and can't have any. IIRC. I made it 2 sentences in. I'll go back if you really want me to.
So post-op trannies can't have kids. So what?

[Not uncommon amongst heterosexuals, btw. Are such people lesser heteros?].

Unless Jenner is proactively stalking and soliciting you, with [presumably] no reciprocal interest on your part, why is that any concern of yours?
Mr. Perfect wrote:

dkEABAxNkYk

You could tell? Really?
Why is this for me?
According to you/your theocracy, what should be done, if anything, to/with this individual?
Yukon Cornelius

A modest proposal.

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

**Proposes a Toast**

I would like to honor Mr. P and Col. Typhoon's (near) ten-year anniversary of "All Fighting and No Sex." By the rules of the Internets you are now in a common-law partnership.

I cordially pronounce you husband and wife. (you'll have to decide who identifies with which role) :twisted:
Simple Minded

Re: A modest proposal.

Post by Simple Minded »

Yukon Cornelius wrote:**Proposes a Toast**

I would like to honor Mr. P and Col. Typhoon's (near) ten-year anniversary of "All Fighting and No Sex." By the rules of the Internets you are now in a common-law partnership.

I cordially pronounce you husband and wife. (you'll have to decide who identifies with which role) :twisted:
hear hear!

My glass is raised, not only to Mr. P & Typhoon, but also to Mr. P & YMix, Mr. P & Enki, Mr. P & HP, Mr. P & Endo, Mr. P & Parody, etc.......

for a guy who claims to believe that monogamy is the morally superior ground..... he sure seems to believe in scattering his seeds (screeds?)!

Mixing threads: Evolution would seem to favor internet sex over phone sex when it comes to efficient propagation..... and propaganda-ization....... of one's jeans....