Re: Steers and Queers | The LGBT Issue

Post by Typhoon »

The conundrum
A pansy who lived in Khartoum
Took a lesbian up to his room,
And they argued a lot
About who would do what
And how and with which and to whom.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:The conundrum
And they argued a lot
About who would do what
:lol:

A microcosm for politics, religion, humanity, & OTNOT.... ;)
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
And they argued a lot
About who would do what

OTNOT indeed. Just change the final word 'whom' to 'Typhoon' :shock:
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
And they argued a lot
About who would do what

Touché.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
And they argued a lot
About who would do what

"Typhoom" would rhyme better.....
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
And they argued a lot
About who would do what

The sibilant lisp was assumed ;)
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
And they argued a lot
About who would do what

The sibilant lisp was assumed ;)
Pleased to return the compliment
A bull dyke who lived in Nadaire
To her room invited N. Hilaire
And they argued a lot
About who would do what
And how and with which and in where.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

That will work :D

Speaking of the word "dyke", the pronunciation of the legendary Agnodice is Agno-dike. I don't know if this is part of the etymology of the epithet, but it would be delightful if the classic story of this cross-dressing feminist champion was related.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnodice

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:That will work :D

Speaking of the word "dyke", the pronunciation of the legendary Agnodice is Agno-dike. I don't know if this is part of the etymology of the epithet, but it would be delightful if the classic story of this cross-dressing feminist champion was related.

Different pronunciation.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Mr. Perfect

Re: Transgender

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: If you are incapable of any understanding and/or empathy regarding this condition, then best to leave the issue to others.
You said imagine.

Skimmed them to confirm that the procedures were what I thought they were.
Do you think men can actually become women and vice versa.
Broaden your soclal circle.
My social circle is the internet.
So post-op trannies can't have kids. So what?
So did they actually change genders.
[Not uncommon amongst heterosexuals, btw. Are such people lesser heteros?].
Different reasons. You are putting words in my mouth.
Unless Jenner is proactively stalking and soliciting you, with [presumably] no reciprocal interest on your part, why is that any concern of yours?
Everybody is talking about it. Why can't I talk about it.
According to you/your theocracy, what should be done, if anything, to/with this individual?
Nothing.
Censorship isn't necessary
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote:

Different pronunciation.
Well, poot. At least it's still a good story.

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:I'm startin to feel like there's a Stralian inside of me that wants to come out.........
didnt yo mamma teach you to chew your meals properly? you might get some "oztr-alien bursting through chest cavity" action
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: If you are incapable of any understanding and/or empathy regarding this condition, then best to leave the issue to others.
You said imagine.

Skimmed them to confirm that the procedures were what I thought they were.
Do you think men can actually become women and vice versa.
In most people sexual identity is strong. However, it is not simply binary, but is a continuum.
And within this continuum there is a fair bit of variation.

For example, some physical males may find it sufficient to wear womens clothing on occasion [re J. Edgar Hoover] whereas others
may require full gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy [re Bruce Jenner].
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Broaden your soclal circle.
My social circle is the internet.
All depends on how and where one spends one time on the internet.
The internet is everything from PRL [Physics Review Letters] and the writing of Marcus Aurelius to WND [World News Daily] and Infowars.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
So post-op trannies can't have kids. So what?
So did they actually change genders.
Enough to hopefully be happier with themselves and their lives.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
[Not uncommon amongst heterosexuals, btw. Are such people lesser heteros?].
Different reasons. You are putting words in my mouth.
Why would you, of all posters, mind that?
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Unless Jenner is proactively stalking and soliciting you, with [presumably] no reciprocal interest on your part, why is that any concern of yours?
Everybody is talking about it. Why can't I talk about it.
Well, can't speak for other forums, but no one here is trying to prevent you from talking about it.
The mods even updated the name of this thread from "Homosexual" to "LGBT" to accommodate your needs.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
According to you/your theocracy, what should be done, if anything, to/with this individual?
Nothing.
Progress.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
YMix wrote:

Different pronunciation.
Well, poot. At least it's still a good story.
Obscure according to the OED.

However, people continue to form hypotheses:
This term for a lesbian is a clipped form of bulldyker, an American slang term that dates to at least 1906. The clipped form dyke doesn't appear until 1931. The origin is unknown, but the fact that bulldyker is the earliest known form by several decades limits the possibilities significantly.

Douglas Wilson, in Comments on Etymology, Vol. 31, No. 9, May 2002, outlines an interesting hypothesis. He speculates that it may be from Boadicea, the Celtic warrior queen who led the ancient Britons in battle against the Romans. Boadicea's name is also commonly spelled Boudicca or Boudica--forms which can be easily corrupted into bulldyker. The metaphor of an Amazon-like warrior queen for a man-like woman is clear. Boudicca's true sexual orientation is irrelevant (and impossible to determine after two millenia); what is important is the image and the metaphor. Wilson suggests the appearance of the term at the turn of the 20th century may coincide with a renewed interest in the story of Boudicca. A famous London statue of Boudicca in a chariot was dedicated in 1902 and Queen Victoria's death in 1901 invited many comparisons with past English queens, including Boudicca.

Wilson is not the first to make this leap. Judy Grahn suggested in her 1984 book Another Mother Tongue that Boudicca may be the inspiration for bulldyker. But Grahn suggests that that the term dates to Boudicca's days, which is completely untenable. The term is recent, even if the source of its inspiration is old. (Note that the Boudicca hypothesis is speculation. It's interesting, but speculation nonetheless.)

The word is apparently unrelated to dike, meaning an earthen bank used to hold back or control the flow of water, a dam. This sense of dike dates to the 13th century and probably comes from the Old Norse dik.
Urban Dictionary:

Look over there. That bull dyke just kicked the lavender out of that little Dutch boy. He must have tried to stick his finger where it don't belong.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
The mods even updated the name of this thread from "Homosexual" to "LGBT" to accommodate your needs.
:o :shock:
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: In most people sexual identity is strong. However, it is not simply binary, but is a continuum.

For example, some physical males may find it sufficient to wear womens clothing on occasion [re J. Edgar Hoover] whereas others
may require full gender reassignment surgery and hormone therapy [re Bruce Jenner].
But do any of these people actually change genders. BTW the Hoover thing is an old urban legend that for some reason persists. Why did you believe it. Who told it to you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
The internet is everything from PRL [Physics Review Letters] and the writing of Marcus Aurelius to WND [World News Daily] and Infowars.
I'd never thought of that. Where do you put the Huffington Post. Did you get the Hoover thing from WND or somewhere else.
That of course doesn't answer the question.
As a rule I don't put words in other people's mouths. Unless they do it first. Generally, I just follow what ever the other person does. If they can speak as an adult, I''ll do that. If they speak in baby talk, I'll do that. Etc. But I let the other party go first. If they insult my intelligence I of course have every right to respond in kind if I feel like. I play by their rules. That way less complaining when I win.
Well, can't speak for other forums, but no one here is trying to prevent you from talking about it.
But you keep questioning it. Why is that.
2 different threads would have suited my needs better.
Progress.
Status quo.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: In most people sexual identity is strong. However, it is not simply binary, but is a continuum.

But do any of these people actually change genders.
Well, I don't think it matters much what I believe. Rather, I think it matters what the affected individuals believe.
If the individuals experience sufficient physical [and mental] changes post-op and post-hormone therapy to be happy
with their self-perception of their gender identity, then it's a success for all in involved.
Mr. Perfect wrote: BTW the Hoover thing is an old urban legend that for some reason persists. Why did you believe it. Who told it to you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html
Read it somewhere ages ago.
You're right about the cross-dressing bit. It's apocrypha. There is a high probability that Hoover was a queer, not a cross-dressing tranny.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
I'd never thought of that. Where do you put the Huffington Post. Did you get the Hoover thing from WND or somewhere else.
Don't read the Huff Post. My vague impression is that it is one the liberal side of the US political rainbow.
The Hoover crossdressing meme was from memory. Something I read years ago. Don't recall where.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
That of course doesn't answer the question.
Does not answer the question for whom?
Mr. Perfect wrote:
As a rule I don't put words in other people's mouths. Unless they do it first. Generally, I just follow what ever the other person does. If they can speak as an adult, I''ll do that. If they speak in baby talk, I'll do that. Etc. But I let the other party go first. If they insult my intelligence I of course have every right to respond in kind if I feel like. I play by their rules. That way less complaining when I win.

Plenty of good quotes on the internet about self-praise that apply here.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
But you keep questioning it. Why is that.
What is the point of a forum if not to ask questions?
Mr. Perfect wrote:
2 different threads would have suited my needs better.
You can't always get what you want. However, on this forum you will find that the mods strive to give you at least what you need.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Orthodox Jews Can’t Protest Gay Pride Parade, Hire Mexicans Instead
Time to update Chandler . . .
"There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican,

just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican,

nothing more honest than an honest Mexican,

and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican."
And nothing more Orthodox Jewish than an Catholic Mexican.
and, my favourite,
Ironically, the 'Jewish' guy on the left is named Jesus.....
YMix

Post by YMix »

Bet his mother's name is Maria.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

That makes me proud to be an American.

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Politics is stagecraft. Another jobs that Americans just won't do!

If IIRC, one of Tinker's posts mentioned that hired protesters was not that uncommon.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: . . .
Ironic that Gays are self registering themselves via marriage licenses with the government now.
I suspect that sometime in the future progressives will use that registration to identify them.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Well, I don't think it matters much what I believe. Rather, I think it matters what the affected individuals believe.
If the individuals experience sufficient physical [and mental] changes post-op and post-hormone therapy to be happy
with their self-perception of their gender identity, then it's a success for all in involved.
The suicide rate post tranny op is identical to those who don't have it. They mutilate their bodies and they don't feel any better. How is it that I know this stuff and you guys don't.

This is from a trans:
http://waltheyer.typepad.com/blog/2013/ ... traum.html
Data source:
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004 ... ntalhealth
There is a high probability that Hoover was a queer, not a cross-dressing tranny.
It's pure speculation. But some people desperately want to convince people of it. Why is that I wonder. Eg, why is it important for you to spread this completely speculative rumor.
You're right about the cross-dressing bit. It's apocrypha.

The Hoover crossdressing meme was from memory. Something I read years ago. Don't recall where.
You got it from a left wing media product (only the left advanced the lie). Why did they lie to you. I have an answer if you can't think of anything.
Don't read the Huff Post. My vague impression is that it is one the liberal side of the US political rainbow.
Sure is.
Does not answer the question for whom?
Anybody.
Plenty of good quotes on the internet about self-praise that apply here.
Find any quotes on double standards?
What is the point of a forum if not to ask questions?
Something I have often wondered. I have found many forums don't like questions.
You can't always get what you want. However, on this forum you will find that the mods strive to give you at least what you need.
I needed 2 different threads.

Eg, if a teen girl cuts her arms habitually we tell her to stop and get help. If a teen girl stops eating in order to get thin, we tell her to stop, eat a healthy diet, and get help. If a person is sad and happy all the time to the point it interferes with their lives, we tell them to get help. We don't tell any of these people that it is a natural (it is) part of their identity we should all celebrate.

Why do we tell trannies to mutilate their bodies and shoot themselves full of hormones, instead of getting help.