Novels

A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.
Typhoon

Re: Novels

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Can highly recommend the novel of Tom Sharpe, whom I claim is one of the best satirist of the 20th century in the English language.

Indecent Exposure
Riotous Assembly
Wilt
Porterhouse Blues

Not well known in N Am.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Juno

Post by Juno »

George MacDonald Fraser wrote a fabulous series of books beginning with Flashman. The character is taken from Tom Brown's school days, and he bangs his way throughout the world in the 19th century, by hook, crook, or nook he is present at almost every consequential event of the century, including the Boxer Rebellion, the Charge of the Light Brigade, Little Big Horn, and on and on, there might be ten novels or so.
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17
Nonc Hilaire

Shantaram

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Good autobiographical fiction about an Australian felon who escapes prison to India and becomes a success in the Indian underworld. The first person viewpoint serves to carry actively the reader through rich details of Indian life and personalities. Not a genré crime novel, but an easily readable and sharply observational view of life in Mumbai.

https://www.amazon.com/Shantaram-Novel- ... 674&sr=8-1
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »