News from Forum Participants

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
Azrael

Re: News from Forum Participants

Post by Azrael »

Endovelico wrote:I doubt this will interest any of you, but this is the list of news sources I currently use:

Press (mostly online):
- The Guardian (UK)
- New Statesman (UK)
- Libération (France)
- El Pais (Spain)
- Expresso (Portugal)
- TASS (Russia)
- RT (Russia)
- Press TV (Iran)

TV
- Portuguese channels
- RT (Russia)
- TPA (Angola)
- NHK (Japan)
- CCTV (China)
- TVE (Spain)

I no longer read any US papers or watch any US television. If necessary, I may look into other news sources, but that only occurs in very special situations. So far I have not felt that I was missing any essential pieces of news.
How is TPA? Is Angola relatively free now?
cultivate a white rose
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Azrael wrote:How is TPA? Is Angola relatively free now?
For African standards Angola is not too bad, but democracy is still a very relative concept. But it could very well become a showcase for success and moderation in Africa. There are no tribal conflicts, no linguistic or religious divisions, there is a unique feeling of identity which I have seldom seen in Africa. Botswana and Cape Verde may be the only two other countries in sub-Saharan Africa where a national identity has overcome tribal feelings of identity. I expect a great future for Angola.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:I doubt this will interest any of you, but this is the list of news sources I currently use:

Press (mostly online):
- The Guardian (UK)
- New Statesman (UK)
- Libération (France)
- El Pais (Spain)
- Expresso (Portugal)
- TASS (Russia)
- RT (Russia)
- Press TV (Iran)

TV
- Portuguese channels
- RT (Russia)
- TPA (Angola)
- NHK (Japan)
- CCTV (China)
- TVE (Spain)

I no longer read any US papers or watch any US television. If necessary, I may look into other news sources, but that only occurs in very special situations. So far I have not felt that I was missing any essential pieces of news.

HI Endo, I just came across your post. If you really want to know I use Twitter and Disqus for my news sources. IF you choose a wide variety of people and sites to follow you get about 10 times as much info. Many things the world's MSM doesn't pick up on.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote:.

I use Twitter and Disqus for my news sources.

Holly cow

was wondering, Doc, :lol: :lol:

poor Joe

noddy

Post by noddy »

i dont need no steenking news.

all you need to do is dig deep inside your prejudices and react instinctually to the fucker trying to sell you something, its a trick ive learnt from the other humans.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:i dont need no steenking news.

all you need to do is dig deep inside your prejudices and react instinctually to the fucker trying to sell you something, its a trick ive learnt from the other humans.
:) Amen. Tabloid buyers always think that "They're not the problem, the seller is the problem!"

The Dalai Lama is in each of us...... trying to get out..... ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

For the truly enlightened all news comes from within.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

RrxlbLVcpqI
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:Image
Unexpected children can really mess up yer life.

Shoulda went to Planned Parenthood weeks ago.....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:For the truly enlightened all news comes from within.
Which is why "we" "feel" such a strong obligation to "help" them...... :o
Heracleum Persicum

Folks .. was on the road .. San Sebastian, Spain .. wonderful place .. if you pass there, don't forget to
eat at ATARI

Calle Mayor 18
20013 Donosti / San Sebastian
Gipuzkoa
Spain

Also visited Santiago de compostela

Porto was interesting .. Endo, filet de pescado excellent fish .. Restaurante 5 Oceanos, Porto (R. Heróis de França 689, 4450 Matosinhos)

noddy

Post by noddy »

spain seems nice - are the houses still cheap ? :)
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote:spain seems nice - are the houses still cheap ? :)

noddy, you come to Europe, Spain a must visit

Yes, houses still cheap .. you buy one, you get Eu residency

Houses even cheaper in Portugal, people very friendly, everybody speaks English.

You should travel Europe by car .. if so, Renault has a program for non-European tourists

Arrive to Paris, take the car (tax free rental = leasing - 21 days minimum), drive south .. South East France, Spain

NapLajoieonSteroids

Hans Bulvai

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Not to start a 'where are they now' trend, but with Syria being so prominently in the news, my mind conjures up thoughts about our former OTNOT poster Hans Bulvai. I wonder how he is doing and if his family is hanging in there through all this craziness.
Parodite

Re: Hans Bulvai

Post by Parodite »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Not to start a 'where are they now' trend, but with Syria being so prominently in the news, my mind conjures up thoughts about our former OTNOT poster Hans Bulvai. I wonder how he is doing and if his family is hanging in there through all this craziness.
Didn't Hans and his fam move to Canada long ago?
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Not to start a 'where are they now' trend, but with Syria being so prominently in the news, my mind conjures up thoughts about our former OTNOT poster Hans Bulvai. I wonder how he is doing and if his family is hanging in there through all this craziness.
Didn't Hans and his fam move to Canada long ago?
I was referring to his extended family.
noddy

Post by noddy »

indeed.

hans is missed.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Seconded.

Heaven is for the departed.

Unless we hear otherwise, let's assume that HB and his extended family are still here with us.
Heracleum Persicum

AFAIK, Hans was posting from, living in, US .. he an American Muslim :lol: .. a believer, he said he fasting and other stuff.

Ibrahim and Hans left .. a loss

YMix

Post by YMix »

Typhoon lashes Japan islands and Taiwan, heading to China
Anything you'd care to share with us, Colonel Sun? :)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
Typhoon lashes Japan islands and Taiwan, heading to China
Anything you'd care to share with us, Colonel Sun? :)
I deny everything. :wink:
NapLajoieonSteroids

I was hired to help with this guy's music and he's a sweet guy but he is driving me absolutely crazy. He has no clue what he wants. I'd walk away if I could but I'm stuck and I cringe at what the final product is going to be.

He's had me listen to what feels like the whole damn western canon of rock music from 1967 to 1980, and it is absolutely disgusting. Forget the lyrics, the music itself makes me ill at prolonged exposure. All hours of the day, I get messages: "Listen to this album" "listen to that album"- he had me listen to every known live recording of "Won't Get Fooled Again"- just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.
noddy

Post by noddy »

allan 'napster' smithee
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:allan 'napster' smithee
Right, though I'm toying with Phil T. Spectator ;)

It is brutal, brutal, brutal. Though probably not the worst thing I've been apart of- that will always belong to this couple who hired me to write with/record for them. I have hours of them having very uncomfortable marital arguments and proselytizing me to become some sort of neopagan vegan. I cut thing off and gave them back their money, just to get away from the crazy.
It's a shame 'cause the wife could really sing- like a once in a lifetime voice you come across that isn't already a professional singer in some capacity.

Last I heard, they were in LA- I would not be surprised to wake up one day and see that girl as a huge pop star.