Old but all points still valid

Doc

Re: Iran

Post by Doc »

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -in-syria/
IRGC Brings Mutiny Charges Against Senior Commanders Refusing to Fight in Syria

BY: Abraham Rabinovich
November 9, 2015 11:52 am

JERUSALEM—Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guard Corps has brought charges of mutiny against several of its senior commanders for refusing to fight in Syria, according to one of the Arab world’s leading newspapers, Asharq Al-Awsat.

Citing a source “close to the IRGC,” the pan-Arab daily reported that a number of junior officers are likewise being charged with “mutiny and treason” for refusing to fight in Syria and will face court martials.

More than 400 volunteers from Iran had been killed in the Syrian civil war so far, according to the Islamic Republic News Agency. Syrian President Bashir al-Assad has come to rely on Iranian officers to develop strategy, say analysts, while units of the Hezbollah militia from Lebanon have provided him needed muscle. The growing Iranian ground presence, particularly around the city of Aleppo, coincides with Russia’s air campaign in the area in support of Assad.

Additionally, Asharq Al-Awsat claimed, an official investigation has been launched in Tehran into the sudden retirement of several IRGC generals from Ahvaz Province, which is inhabited by a significant Iranian Arab population. The officers have chosen to leave military service “in this critical time” for retirement or business, the source said, rather than participate in Iran’s growing involvement in Syria’s civil war.

Iran denies having dispatched combat units to Syria but admits sending trainers and military advisers, including generals.

Rebel spokesmen in Syria claim that hundreds of Iranian troops have participated in battles against forces seeking the downfall of Assad’s regime. According to a report last week by the Middle East Media Research Institute, some 30 Iranian Revolutionary Guard officers were killed on the Syrian front in the previous two weeks.

Eight Iranian generals have been reported killed in the past two years in Syria and in Iraq where they are engaged with Iraqi militias fighting the forces of the Islamic State. A hero of Iran’s long war with Iraq in the 1980s, Gen. Farshad Hassounizadeh, was killed last month in Syria, one of three Iranian generals to be killed in battle that month. A number of colonels and other officers have also died in battle in recent weeks.

In an attack by Israeli aircraft last January on vehicles reconnoitering the Syrian border with the Israeli-held Golan Heights, an Iranian general was killed along with five other Iranian military personnel. Also killed were six members of the Hezbollah militia.

Iranian officers have also been killed leading Afghan volunteers. The volunteers were part of a large Afghan population resident in Iran. They were recruited by the IRGC for the battle against the Syrian rebels. Iranian opposition sources say that the IRGC has begun seeking recruits in more backward parts of Iran in order to bolster its ranks.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

http://linkis.com/www.ibtimes.co.uk/jLTBF
Iranian Cleric Beaten by Women after Ordering Them to Wear Hijab

Gianluca Mezzofiore
By Gianluca Mezzofiore
September 19, 2012 12:05 BST

A religious activist looks on while attending the 25th International Islamic Unity Conference in Tehran
Veiled women in Iran (Reuters)

An Iranian cleric has claimed he was beaten by two women outside a mosque after he warned one of them to cover up.

Hojatoleslam (a middle ranking cleric) Ali Beheshti told the semi-official Mehr news agency that he advised one of the women, whom he believed was not properly dressed, to cover her eyes.

"She responded to me by saying: 'You [should] close your eyes," the cleric said, according to Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

Ali Beheshti, a leading religious figure in the city of Shahrmirzad, repeated the warning to the woman, saying their attire did not follow the Islamic dress code that became compulsory after the 1979 revolution.

"Not only didn't she not cover herself up but she also insulted me. I asked her not to insult me any more but she started shouting and threatening me," Beheshti said.

"She pushed me and I fell to the ground on my back. From that point on, I don't know what happened. I was just feeling the kicks of the women who were beating me up."

The cleric was taken to hospital for three days following the attack. He said he did not file a lawsuit against the women despite suffering what he said were the worst days of his life.

The judiciary is reviewing the incident and has classified it as a public beating.

It was not the first time Iranian clerics have been allegedly beaten for ordering women to dress "appropriately".

Mehr said that even a representative of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, named Kheirandish, had been beaten up.

"Officially, the hijab is promoted as protection for women against evil in society," explained Golnaz Esfandiari, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Washington correspondent. "For many women, however, the hijab feels like a burden, an insult, a limitation of their freedom and an attempt to keep them under control."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote:http://linkis.com/www.ibtimes.co.uk/jLTBF
Iranian Cleric Beaten by Women after Ordering Them to Wear Hijab

Gianluca Mezzofiore
By Gianluca Mezzofiore
September 19, 2012 12:05 BST
The US should start exporting safe spaces..... talk about getting bitch slapped!

Reading between the lines....

Cleric: "The last thing I remember was saying "Fat chicks like you two should wear burkas!"
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

OkOxFOnfJ_Y
Heracleum Persicum

Re: U.S. Foreign Policy

If I leave, Iran will go down, If Iran goes down, Middle East will go down, If Middle East goes down, the world will suffer. Said by- Shah of Iran, 38 years ago. .jpg
If I leave, Iran will go down, If Iran goes down, Middle East will go down, If Middle East goes down, the world will suffer. Said by- Shah of Iran, 38 years ago. .jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
If I leave, Iran will go down, If Iran goes down, Middle East will go down, If Middle East goes down, the world will suffer. Said by: Shah of Iran, 38 years ago.

Heracleum Persicum

Today, Putin met Khamnei

c8678c97-99fe-468c-8e13-351a58fef535.jpg
c8678c97-99fe-468c-8e13-351a58fef535.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

Khamnei fluent in Russian .. he alumni of "Patrice Lumumba University" of Moscow. :lol:

Vladimir-Putin-with-Hassan-Rohani-at-GECF-in-Tehran-1.jpg
Vladimir-Putin-with-Hassan-Rohani-at-GECF-in-Tehran-1.jpg (57.85 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
GECF-Countries-Heads-at-Tehran-Summit.jpg
GECF-Countries-Heads-at-Tehran-Summit.jpg (126.81 KiB) Viewed 2007 times

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

YMix

Post by YMix »

Next time, please post these things directly in the Iran thread.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Heracleum Persicum

YMix wrote:Next time, please post these things directly in the Iran thread.
Agree .. but , I think Putin in Tehran sitting next to Khamnei a key point for American foreign policy, same with Nigerian president and Oil price also central to US foreign policy

Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

E1XZ82K9Q2Y
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

For ski lovers .. watch

Heracleum Persicum

0njDTYzEaKs
Heracleum Persicum

Amir Kabir
An Iranian Patriot

Mirza Taghi Khan Farahani otherwise known as Amir Kabir was one of the most capable and noteworthy figures in the Qajar era. As Nasereddin Shah's chief minister, Amir Kabir is known as Iran's first reformer and a modernizer.

He attempted to bring a gradual reform to Iran but was murdered.

He was regarded as an inspiring character

He was murdered by British intrigue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Kabir

Heracleum Persicum

3THbMF0CbK8
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc

Post by Doc »

I posted the Tweet for you AZ? Have you ever heard of John Batchelor before?